Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 7 May 20, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Once Upon A Dream - Our Disneymoon May 2019 - DAY 15

Monday 20th May

I hate home travel days. I just feel unsettled and at this point, just want to be on the plane instead of feeling 'in between' being on holiday and being at home. Can't fully relax but still try to enjoy our last few hours.

We are getting picked up at 1.30pm to go to the airport, so we have a few hours to kill. We get the boat to Disney Springs to use up our last remaining snack credits and to pick up a last couple of souvenirs (once we figure out which bags to fit them into!).

(We refrain from buying this - just a tad expensive! )

It's actually lovely having a last wander around, and we enjoy sitting at Ghiradelli's having some ice cream with our last credits. They are supposedly small ice cream cups but they feel plenty big enough for us! Delicious.

We head back to the hotel, picking up some snacks and drinks for the coach ride from the gift shop, then sit and wait with our suitcases in the lobby. The travel to Sanford is uneventful and we get through check in and security quicker than I have ever known anywhere! I get a bit restless waiting in the departure lounge and we use the opportunity to stock up on some duty free...

We board and leave on time. The flight is fine but feels extremely long and worse than the flight over. I remember why I am not a fan of night flights. I cannot sleep a wink and spend most of it just feeling wrecked and a bit sickly. I watch First Man, Kong: Skull Island and a couple of episodes of The Good Place.

On the whole though, I can't complain; the travel has all gone very smoothly.

We arrive home, exhausted but very happy. What a wonderful, magical time we had.

Edited at 04:15 PM.
rosiela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 20, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Night flights are awful aren’t they, never flown to Sanford, is it a good experience, how long is the journey to Disney from there? Cheers
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 20, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Inky View Post
Night flights are awful aren’t they, never flown to Sanford, is it a good experience, how long is the journey to Disney from there? Cheers
Going through Sanford was brilliant for us, it was really quick and quiet. It was about an hour ish to Disney ? But could be less if you are driving as we were on a coach which was dropping people at a few resorts.
rosiela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Another one here who doesn’t like travelling home don’t like hanging around and struggle to sleep on the flight home.

You had a lovely holiday and I’ve really enjoyed reading your trip report.
Old 2 Jun 20, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Tassiriki
Helping Minnie

Mobile

I have just read your whole report- fabulous, thank you for writing it up.

Your honeymoon sounds perfect. A really good mix of activities and relaxation. We learnt that to stop and chill at times was important too, but for the kids. Pool time is definitely an important aspect of a holiday for us!
Tassiriki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List