Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Jun 20, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Always worth trying Costco for a price. Can be very competitive.

Pre book with National Tyres and they always seem to have a promo code on one of the voucher code type websites. Normally 10% off.
Normally we would use someone we have known for years who is always cheaper than Costco. However, i haven’t needed him for ages and he won’t know of recent developments here and I just can’t face going through telling him atm so I’m going to try and stick local on this occasion
Thank you so much for your help and advice everyone
Colette-S is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

The tyres will be run flat as above most likely but the foam is just for sound deadening- don’t let anyone tell you they can’t be plugged because of the foam, which is apparently a common ruse according to the Tesla forums. Run flat can be repaired but what they repair will depend on where the hole is, and also who is doing it as most of the time, many places like to say, “Sorry no can do” to sell a new tyre.

By the way, if you need a new one, don’t bother about getting a new foam one, apparently they hardly make any difference to road noise and on the Tesla forums people replace them with a standard one which is just as quiet but I can’t remember what they said it was, but consensus seems to be the foam has a very minor effect.
Old 5 Jun 20, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
No help to the OP but I don't like run flats as I find them noisy. I much prefer standard tyres.

Plus I so wish they still did a spare wheel. What a great idea having a foam to sort out a puncture. Not!

I juts checked online how much a rear tyre is on mine. Dear God.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Mobile

My friend inflated it last night but it’s down again this morning. He has left me his little machine so now need to inflate it again for the journey
Colette-S is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Colette. That's good. Probably wont drop much on the trip. Just take it easy on bends.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Colette. That's good. Probably wont drop much on the trip. Just take it easy on bends.
Will do! Thank you
Old 5 Jun 20, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
force ten
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Thank you all! I emailed tyre people last night and have an appointment this morning
At least I know I am safe to drive it there. I shall let you know how it goes!
no you dont know it is safe to drive some random person telling you that it is a runflat and it is safe to drive is nonsense

that picture that you posted does not look like any run-flat that l have ever seen and l would not drive anywhere on that tyre as you could end up damaging a wheel that could cost a thousand pounds plus to repair
force ten is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
force ten
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
a run flat with zero pressure will look exactly the same to most people as a tyre that is inflated to the correct tyre pressure it wll not look flat

the only way that you wll know you have a flat would be a TPMS alarm when driving most people will not see any difference

if the tyre is holding some air then fully inflate to the correct pressure and drive a short distance to a tyre depot to get it looked at

as it is a Continental tyre it would have SSR on the sidewall after the tyre name if it is a run-flat

l would say that the tyre is the conti seal that l mentioned earlier and the sealant has not worked

Edited at 10:26 AM.
force ten is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by force ten View Post
no you dont know it is safe to drive some random person telling you that it is a runflat and it is safe to drive is nonsense

that picture that you posted does not look like any run-flat that l have ever seen and l would not drive anywhere on that tyre as you could end up damaging a wheel that could cost a thousand pounds plus to repair
I pumped it up with the machine to 40 and took it to the tyre place
They are sorting it now
Thank you for your help, I didn’t know where to start!
Old 5 Jun 20, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
force ten
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
I pumped it up with the machine to 40 and took it to the tyre place
They are sorting it now
Thank you for your help, I didn’t know where to start!
glad that you managed to get to the tyre place safely lets hope they can sort it out quickly

keep us informed as to what they say