Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 May 19, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
miss_chief
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by goofyfave View Post
Glad I've found this thread. We are waiting to book flights and have concluded we will fly to MIA as I cannot justify the extra cost to MCO. I just checked Tampa and they are about £300 more than MIA sadly. I have been looking at BA and Virign direct as well as skyscanner. Are there any other sites people would recommend? We are flying 26 Mar - 18 Apr 2020. Accomodation and tickets booked (POFQ) just need the flights for it to feel real!
Is that £300 each or overall?
miss_chief is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
goofyfave
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by miss_chief View Post
Is that £300 each or overall?
It was £300 more than flying to Miami. So prices I have found are £1033 to Orlando £731 to Tampa and £441 to Miami.

Looking at Virgin direct, the return dates aren't released yet so I might hold off. The week before is coming out at £466. I would rather fly Virgin for the miles if I can...
goofyfave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

...I haven't booked accomodation yet because I was worried about flights and maybe needing to change the date by 1 day depending on price. Has everyone else booked accomodation first? or do you wait for flights? I booked flights first then accomodation last time but just nervous disney will put prices up on the hotels / villas will go x

Edited at 02:14 PM.
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

It was £300 more than flying to Miami. So prices I have found are £1033 to Orlando £731 to Tampa and £441 to Miami.

Looking at Virgin direct, the return dates aren't released yet so I might hold off. The week before is coming out at £466. I would rather fly Virgin for the miles if I can...
I booked flights in 2017 for easter 2018 and the price seemed to drop 4 days after the 11 month mark of the return date (I booked on may 19th 2017 for return april 15th 2018) so maybe hang on x
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
goofyfave
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by jenna288 View Post
I booked flights in 2017 for easter 2018 and the price seemed to drop 4 days after the 11 month mark of the return date (I booked on may 19th 2017 for return april 15th 2018) so maybe hang on x
Ah ok, thanks for that tip. I worry that flight prices will only go up, but will hold off for a bit.

We usually book flights first, but I wanted to take advantage of their deal on at the moment, it is our first time properly staying at WDW, so I wasn't sure how long the deal would stick aroud! But we felt it was so good, we wanted to snap it up! £2250 for 6 nights at POFQ, 21 day tickets, free dining for 6 days, $200 gift card
goofyfave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Ah ok, thanks for that tip. I worry that flight prices will only go up, but will hold off for a bit.

We usually book flights first, but I wanted to take advantage of their deal on at the moment, it is our first time properly staying at WDW, so I wasn't sure how long the deal would stick aroud! But we felt it was so good, we wanted to snap it up! £2250 for 6 nights at POFQ, 21 day tickets, free dining for 6 days, $200 gift card
ah I see - yes that sounds good! We just need room only for 2 nights in POR and then a villa so might hold off until flights booked - just keep panicking that the price will change. I keep looking at flights a few times a day! just want to get as close to £500 as possible for indirect man - mco or tampa x
Old 18 May 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
tillymoon
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Jenna that’s good to know !

Hanging on in here , ideally wanting something like 2/4 to 18/4 could do a day either way inside these dates!

I’m waiting for flights before I book hotels and just have to keep things crossed I suppose?!

Keep us updated guys when you get booked up !

Goofy who did you boom that deal with ?

Gutted as we miss out on ddp again! But work in a school so restricted by dates 🙁

DLP 2012
WDW, SSR, RPR and Gulf coast 2017
next trip WDW, US, DS, SW -Easter 2020 !
tillymoon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
goofyfave
Gone all Goofy

Tilly we booked direct with Disney. I was shocked at how reasonable it was! Not the cheapest hotel either. I also keep looking several times a day, my husband says I am responsible for rising prices!
Old 18 May 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Melyn12
Getting Excited

Mobile

We’ve booked our fly drive LHR-MIA as couldn’t turn down the price as we are a family of 5 but the rest of our party are holding off for a deal... our dates are the exact Easter hols so 4-18th April. Really hoping the prices drop to a reasonable amount for them! 😓
Melyn12 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

getting £545 pp for man to tampa 1 stop - starting to look a bit better - just going to hold on another few days x