Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Apr 20, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
karen1980
Serious Dibber

What would you do... update

I thought I would find out today where we stand with our holiday and was told we can reschedule great I thought until we got the final total

Disney 11 nights 3 nights hard rock virgin flights Disney ticket for 5 of us increase is £3000 and if our holiday gets cancelled we will not be eligible for a refund only a credit note and to transfer our holiday our deposit was £1000 but I have made extra payments and would also lose that as well. Any advice would be appreciated I literally feel sick now I was expecting an increase but not on that scale

Edited at 07:57 AM.
karen1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Rosemck
Getting Excited

Mobile

Do you mind if I ask why your not eligible for a refund? I may be wrong but I thought if your holiday package was cancelled you are entitled to a refund 🤔 I hope your able to sort this out as I can sympathise, I moved our holiday last week and was at first quoted £1200 more for 3 people but after I found better prices else where my TA price matched and I only had £200 extra to pay
Rosemck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Can you amend some parts of the trip to bring costs down? Maybe drop Universal or change Disney hotel?

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

I'd do nothing for the time being. I certainly would NOT pay an additional 3k. I'd wait and see how things progress; there's a good chance the holiday will be cancelled by the operator and then you would be entitled to a refund. Alternatively, if by some magic, it's safe and possible to travel in 112 day, than you're off on your holiday, at the original price.
Who are you booked with? And how have you booked? (ie is it a package or diy)
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
karen1980
Serious Dibber

Mobile

I asked if our holiday is to be cancelled could we get a refund he said no it would only be a credit note or moving our holiday. I tried to get a price match as HRH have some good deals on the club level but couldn’t do that and our new flights are £1375 each for August next year.
karen1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Who have you booked with?
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
karen1980
Serious Dibber

Mobile

We booked a package holiday with Travelplanners

POR preferred room 11 nights
HRH 3 nights
Disney tickets with qsdp

He said if our holiday is cancelled there is no refund just a credit note or transfer holiday. I asked if I would lose the additional payments he said he would have to find that out so our deposit was £1000 and I’ve made additional payments of £3500 so possibly will lose this
Old 13 Apr 20, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post

you are quite a long way away by your countdown still so i presume you may be better to wait and see ...as the holiday may well be cancelled by the operator (rather than yourselves)then you'd be getting a cash refund?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
karen1980
Serious Dibber

Mobile

I asked them about my options and was told only a credit note or reschedule our holiday. I made the extra payments through my credit card will call them tomorrow when there open to see if there’s anything they can do
Old 13 Apr 20, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post

thats what i mean though , at THIS stage as your holiday is >3.5months away those are your options ... as any travel advisories/FCO etc are not looking that far ahead & the holiday companies are crossing fingers things will return to "normal" by the date of your hols... So its business as normal and the rules are as for anyone under normal circumstances who chooses to cancel or amend their holiday.
Theres no point contacting your credit card company at the moment as your travel company are perfectly within their rights to keep collecting any scheduled payments ( & it is you breaking the contract if you stop payments at this stage, you will just trigger the cancellation process that should be set out in the terms & conditions that your company has provided)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List