Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 9 Apr 15, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile NYC - book early or wait for a deal?

We don't yet have the money but we are looking into a short break in NYC. I priced up Feb 2016 (we are looking at March but flights not out yet) and the prices were disheartening. But if I wanted to go next month, it looks like I could get a lot better deal.

Should I save up and wait for an offer, or book flights as soon as they are out?
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 15, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

We're going this December & I was looking for prices, I saw a good deal on a hotel for 4 nights at The Roosevelt Hotel for £620 this was on Travel Republic so I booked it as it was only £1 deposit. I saw another one before this at The New Yorker & I think It was around the same price & then within a week it had gone up to around £1000 at the moment The Roosevelt is £1089 it had gone up to £1150.. So you can see how quickly the price can change!

Virgin Atlantic had a sale on over the Easter weekend, so I booked our flights at £877 for the 2 of us. They had been an extra £100 each.

I guess it all depends if you see a deal you like then book. I'm just giving you an idea of what we have paid for December this year. I knew prices in my mind which I thought were good & when I saw them I booked.

You could always start saving, and when you see something you like book? Were you looking for a package or you doing it separate?
Old 9 Apr 15, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
cathann
Apprentice Imagineer

We got March 2013 during the Christmas break, so 3 or so months before, for £400 per person, so there are definitely deals when the sales are on.
Old 9 Apr 15, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
woppy101
Excited about Disney

We are going 18th till the 23rd December this year flying from Newcastle with aer lingus and staying at the park central hotel, we paid £2600 all in

So glad we got $2000 spending money when it was £1.53 to the $
woppy101 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 15, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Often the BA packages to NY are better value! I paid 300€ for my flight for last month and booked in September. It was a glitch I think

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 15, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Aliloo
Getting Excited

Mobile

We went in February half term, booked 4 weeks before we went in the BA sale, paid £1800 for the 3 of us in a great hotel just off Time Square.
Aliloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 15, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
jasminedivas
Apprentice Imagineer

jasminedivas's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We went in Feb 2014, booked with Expedia in Aug 13 and paid £1091 for the 2 of us for 3 nights at the hotel Belleclaire ( a long walk out and wouldn't recommend) with BA flights from LHR. I would wait for a special offer, there are so many flights I'm sure u will get a good deal.

Comfort Inn LBV 1999, All Star movies 2003/4/6. Villas 2007/8/9/10/12. Wash DC NYE 2012, NY and LV 14. Orlando, NYC & IAD 15, Orlando & beach 16,17. NY & IAD 2019. West coast 2022 planned.
jasminedivas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 15, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Often the BA packages to NY are better value! I paid 300€ for my flight for last month and booked in September. It was a glitch I think
I think we booked the same glitch My virgin flights and hotel, holiday inn Madison square gardens for 2 adults 1 child is just under £1,500.00 The flights were a glitch booked last September and the hotel I found as a special offer on travelzoo This is for 6 nights in the May half term.
happytraveller is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 15, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post

We are going in January NYC, D.C & Orlando.
So wanted direct flights MAN - NYC then MCO-MAN, didnt know what a good price was. They were coming up at £550pp so came on here and asked for help and once other dibbers told me what they had paid I decided to wait. We have just booked flights (Monday) in the flight sale on Virgin Atlantic website. We are flying from Manchester to JFK then Orlando to Manchester. We paid £399pp Direct flights. Two days after we booked, the price went up to £578pp Im sure there will be another sale. I just used to check prices a couple of times a day

Edited at 11:01 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 15, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post

We booked direct flights over Easter for August just less than £900 for two. Given the time of year and prices we had seen I thought that was a bargain.
Had a bit of an problem deciding on hotel. Wanted a nice one in a good location but didn't want to pay a fortune. Decided we wanted midtown and took a chance on Hotwire secret hotel... Got the Warwick for £100 a night all in. Well pleased with that and worth a look if others are in the market. If you do decide to give it a whirl check out moneysaving expert ... the tips helped us and I was 99% certain which hotel we were getting when we booked!
It's quite exciting really and we will certainly use again.

Jo
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread