Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Oct 17, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Hopefulholiday
Very Serious Dibber

Hopefulholiday's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Harry Potter and Cursed Child tickets bands

Hi,
At the moment there are some tickets available for dates I'm looking at:
£250 each Premium for both parts
£140 each for ticket band A

I would really love to take my dd 14 who is a huge Potter head. The £140 tickets are more affordable but would be devastated to pay £280 for tickets plus a couple of hundred pounds for a hotel and then end up with a rubbish view. But then over £700 for the show and one night away before any food seems too extravagant! Has anyone any experience of the different seats?
I'm looking at the official tickets sellers as some of the resellers don't have great reviews,
Thanks
June/July 2019: New York, Riu Plaza & Orlando, villa Sunset Lakes, HRH
Hopefulholiday is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 17, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
wozza
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

They release tickets every Friday at 1pm for £40 for both shows?

harrypottertheplay/u...bottom-section

They're also releasing more in December.

I've used this website when buying tickets before to check the views...

seatplan
Port Orleans Riverside/Cocoa Beach October 2018
wozza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 17, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
stevekath
Imagineer

We went last month and bought tickets about 3 weeks before. I presume they were returned tickets. We paid £135 each for the two parts. The seats were designated as "may have a restricted view" but honestly they were fine. We were sat about 3 rows from the back of the stalls. The restricted view aspect was that we were under the Circle which meant a few effects that took place high up in the auditorium weren't visible. It did not spoil our enjoyment at all. The show is fantastic and we had a great view of the stage. The £135 cost made the trip a lot more affordable, especially as we had train and hotel costs to pay/
The Friday Forty is worth entering but you can only enter the Friday before you want to go which isn't great if you have train & hotel to arrange. Realistically your chances are very low of getting Friday Forty tickets, but someone has to get lucky I suppose

Edited at 06:44 PM.
stevekath is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 17, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
stevekath
Imagineer

Also I would avoid the ticket re-sellers. The HP play has a policy of cancelling re-sold tickets if they realise they have been re-sold. We booked through the official website and although it's officially "sold out" we looked regularly to see when tickets became available due to returns. We actually went on 1st Sept (the official "going to Hogwarts" date) which was a extra-special performance as 1st Sept 2017 is the date Harry's son goes to Hogwarts in the HP timeline.

stevekath is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 17, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

We had tickets for back row of the stalls but I decided to sell them back to the theatre as I was worried about the restricted view.
It is so expensive I would have been very disappointed if the view had been bad.
I'll save up and try to get the next price bracket.
Old 15 Oct 17, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I know Op, we had the same thought, we could get a week in Majorca for that !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 17, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Hopefulholiday
Very Serious Dibber

Hopefulholiday's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Thanks all, I'm going to log back on and see if there are any tickets left and make a decision !
TBH I was looking for a cheaply last minute break but since the Ryanair debacle and Monarch going bust last minute short haul is really pricey!
June/July 2019: New York, Riu Plaza & Orlando, villa Sunset Lakes, HRH
Hopefulholiday is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 17, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel85
Getting Excited

Mobile

We went on Wednesday having booked tickets through Nimax in August. These were premium tickets and were £99 for each part. We were in row G of the dress circle, in the centre and these were great seats. We also had cheap (£35 for both parts!) tickets for May next year but we decided we would rather pay the extra to gaurantee a good view. I have since sold these tickets back which was no hassle at all.

I'd go for the highest price bracket that you can, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. It's absolutely brilliant!
Ariel85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 17, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

They not only release the Friday 40 each week but also a certain amount of premium tickets
I paid £198 per person for both parts on the same day direct from the website a week or 2 beforehand.
These were brilliant seats. We were in the stalls but level with the stage which was recommended.
Have a look on theviewfrommyseat.com or might be .co.uk?

Edited at 10:21 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 17, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

My partner and I sat in the very back row of the upper circle, the furthest seats from the stage, and the view was fine! We ended up using the opera glasses in the second show so we could try and figure out how the effects were done, but they weren't really necessary. We missed about thirty seconds of action from a promontory at the very front of the stage, though of course we could hear what was going on. You'll be fine!
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List