Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 26 Jan 20, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Diesel_Staffie
Imagineer

Mobile Fussy eating and table service at Disney

We are going this September and have the DDP. I’ve been reading some trip reports and I’ve seen in some restaurants that you can ask for nuggets and fries. I have a really fussy 9 year old that this might help. We have previously not been to some places after looking at the menu and thinking no way will she eat that. I like the look of ohana for dinner and the rest of us including the baby will eat whatever. Is this a option that they would do in most places? She would eat plain meat, fries, plain pasta, all veg.

Thank you 😊

Next trip : December 2023
Diesel_Staffie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Tassiriki
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Not sure about places with a set menu like Ohana but check the kids menus on the other TS places as they tend to have simple taste menus. We are considering upgrading our 7 yr olds ticket as too many pizzas and nuggets (More QS though tbf).
Tassiriki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

We have a major picky eater as well and I think when we did Ohana a long time ago we got other stuff.

According to another Disney board in 2019 some say that they offered

'chicken fingers, hamburgers, hot dogs, grilled cheese, fries and mac and cheese. 'Ohana has always been pretty hugely accommodating for picky eaters'

They get from Kona Cafe. I think you should be ok.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Diesel_Staffie
Imagineer

Mobile

Fab, thank you both

Next trip : December 2023
Diesel_Staffie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I’m so glad you’ve posted this. I have an extremely picky eater and I’m worried about the character meals I’ve booked for dinner. I know Akershus is going to be very hard work with him, he won’t even touch pizza if there’s too much cheese. We may well end up cashing in our snack credits for him before the meal.
The other is Cinderella’s Royal Table...I’ve given him the heads up and said he won’t starve, we’ll sort something.
The only other meals are breakfast, which he will eat quite easily.
HermioneFuzzle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
mummyroo1
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

My picky ones had burger and chips at Ohana
mummyroo1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Buffet style meals might suit and make it quite exciting for your little one to make their own choice from a selection 'like a grown up' ?
Old 28 Jan 20, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
jonsgirl80
Imagineer

When we did Ohana they offered my son chicken tenders and fries, hot dog or mac and cheese. We found they were willing to offer similar options in most restaurants even if they weren't on the menu
jonsgirl80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List