Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 2 Feb 20, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Moderate- which would you choose? CBR or POR or Fq?

Any experiences of both to compare?

We only really want to do HS and maybe Epcot 1 day. The rest of time will be relaxing at resort/Disney Springs. Its only for a week.
Thanks
Old 2 Feb 20, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Mobile

I have only done CBR and love it ... but with you wanting to go to Epcot and HS it would make sense to give to CBR with the skyline... I loved CBR so much we are going there next time
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
I have only done CBR and love it ... but with you wanting to go to Epcot and HS it would make sense to give to CBR with the skyline... I loved CBR so much we are going there next time
Is it easy to get to Disney Springs from there? Hubby only agreeing to Disney if he can go to Springs easily I’m the evening 😀
Old 2 Feb 20, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tinytots View Post
Is it easy to get to Disney Springs from there? Hubby only agreeing to Disney if he can go to Springs easily I’m the evening 😀
No- Springs is a bus- they tend to come about every half an hour. If you want Springs, Port Orleans, Old Key West or Saratoga would be better choices.
Old 2 Feb 20, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Cupcake33
Excited about Disney

I stayed at POFQ and loved it. Convenient for Disney Springs, lovely boat ride or you can take the bus but we found the boat quicker. I considered CBR but the size put me off. Only one bus stop at FQ and a more compact smaller resort.
Cupcake33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
No- Springs is a bus- they tend to come about every half an hour. If you want Springs, Port Orleans, Old Key West or Saratoga would be better choices.
Thank you
Old 2 Feb 20, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cupcake33 View Post
I stayed at POFQ and loved it. Convenient for Disney Springs, lovely boat ride or you can take the bus but we found the boat quicker. I considered CBR but the size put me off. Only one bus stop at FQ and a more compact smaller resort.
I do like the sound of that
Old 2 Feb 20, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We stayed for part of our trip at POFQ last year and visited POR a couple of times. Both are lovely - POFQ is much more compact, but (for us) POR had a deluxe feel about it around the central area - the theming, lots of extra things to do, great pool bar/QS, a TS restaurant, really nice shop etc. If we returned to the PO resorts we'd choose there.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mummyroo1
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Stayed at CBR (pre skyliner) and POFQ. Preferred FQ and was so convenient for Disney Springs, loved the boat. It a really small and quiet resort with great transport and a good QS place. We couldnt fault it.
mummyroo1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Stayed at POFQ twice and CBR once, before the skyliner was finished.
Found the buses a pain at CBR, despite being in a preferred location, took 20 minutes just to leave the resort. Also the rooms are in need of a refurb although the beds were comfy.
Having visited CBR since the skyliner I would say that is a game changer as access to Epcot and HS is quick.
We are booked at POFQ again; as we love the resort and like the look of the refurbed rooms.
I would think about which parks you want to visit most. If you have a hire car that’s less of an issue.
And then just go by which one is cheapest