Old 17 Feb 20, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
pvbmb01
Imagineer

pvbmb01's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando ...

Hi All

So ... husband has tentatively given me a yes to book for 2021 ... yay!

Last time we were in Florida was 2007! So I know a lot has changed since then. Has anyone recently been to Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando, is it good fo families?

We'll be taking our beautiful 6 year old boy with us for his first ever Florida trip and we're looking at the end of August.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks xxx
Old 17 Feb 20, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Have you looked at the reviews on Trip Advisor? They're very good mostly.

I'm staying there in May. It's very clean which is big plus for me.

tripadvisor/Hotel_...o_Florida.html
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mummyroo1
Apprentice Imagineer

We stayed in 2013 it was clean and the rooms big enough for our family of 4. We would stay again if looking for a budget trip on I drive. We recommend it to people looking for cheap and well located hotels. The location really is excellent.
mummyroo1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
reddwarfposse5
Very Serious Dibber

Stayed there last Aug/Sep. Hotel was clean and ideally located for places to eat, etc. Easy access to the I-Ride and cheap to Universal by Uber if needed. Good pools and one is no-smoking as well which we only found out after we left Going back there this May.
Old 17 Feb 20, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
pvbmb01
Imagineer

pvbmb01's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks all ... I had looked on Trip Advisor, but like to hear it from the experts too! Thanks again xx
Old 18 Feb 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
soraia
Very Serious Dibber

I'd say it depends on the type of trip you're wanting to do.
If it is a trip on a budget then I would say absolutely yes - no frills, cheap, cheerful, clean & pretty comfortable.
But if you're wanting to make your little one's first trip a bit more special and budget isn't a big concern then there are certainly other hotels with a great location on I Drive that I'd recommend over Rosen Inn @ Pointe. (for example the Rosen Plaza or Rosen Centre which are not motel style and have internal corridors, nice big pool etc.)
soraia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
teamsingo134
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

We came back from here last weekend and it was perfect for a budget universal trip.

On advice from here we emailed and requested a quiet room, which was provided. There was still a bit of road noise but nothing that kept anyone awake.

Rooms are a bit dark due to wood and the window coverings, but clean, well kept and didn't smell like some reviews on TA say.

Location brilliant, the universal bus saved a few quid, and an Uber back was under $10 every time. Trolley stop outside the front gates if you need it.

Only used one pool but again it was clean and tidy, plenty of towels, heated so even though the temp was a bit low, kids loved it.

We didn't use the restaurant, but had a couple of overpriced coffees from the cafe bit which were fine.

Overall we would stay again.
teamsingo134 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DollyDimples
Getting Excited

We stayed for 6 nights of a 21 night trip in July 19 inbetween a disney hotel and a universal hotel. We wanted somewhere cheap (due to the expense of the other hotels) and conveniently located. We were in Block F on the I4 side rather than I-drive side. We didn't use the hotel pool or any of the facilities other than picking up a few things in the convenience store.

If I was looking for budget accommodation in that location again I would happily book again. There were a number of places to eat within easy walking distance. A cinema across the road and a walgreens which was handy for drinks and a couple of minutes walk away too.

The rooms have two beds but they are uk double bed sized rather than uk kingsize bed sized so depending on the make up of you group that may be something to factor in.

As commented above the decor and thick net curtain do make the rooms fairly dark but ours was clean and we had no complaints at all.
DollyDimples is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Rosen Inn is a decent hotel but I'd check out prices for The Rosen Plaza (basically next door) as you could find that only a few pounds per night more and is a much better hotel
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
pvbmb01
Imagineer

pvbmb01's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks everyone. Will check out the Rosen Plaza too xx