Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Jul 20, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
lynjowton
Excited about Disney

lynjowton's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Who is left to trust?

Have had this years plans cancelled and awaiting flight refunds. Wish to start to re plan for next year but who do we trust most now after this?
lynjowton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 20, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Nippydan
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

Don't know, quoted 2400 extra for same holiday next year so cancelled and awaiting refund.
Nippydan is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida virgin
Imagineer

To be fair, no one predicted this, no airline or company knew what was going to happen with Covid.

I cancelled my trip to Kos with Tui and rebooked a fly drive to ORlando and received £1000 back, all sorted over the phone.

Prices are higher for next year, supply and demand, you think of the millions of people world wide all searching for holidays, that will put the price up.

No I wouldn't be happy with a £2400 increase - but I am happy with what I have paid - prices are going to be higher and like I said the more we all look, the higher they will go.
Old 13 Jul 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I can only, like others tell you who have been brilliant.

For March
I was booked to fly into SFO and out of Vancouver with British Airways. When it went pear shaped, they refunded my cash.. in full to my Credit Card in 8 days.

Both car hires waived their cancellation fees and returned all of my money.

All USA Hotels returned my money very quickly. Marriott in Renton were still open and it was a non refundable, so I didn’t chase it. They even contacted me and returned my money.

I had a total of 7 rooms booked outwards and on return with Prem Inn. Salisbury, Chertsey, LHR out and LHR on return. All were non refundable, so I didn’t chase them. They contacted me and refunded the lot.

I rebooked Arizona and SFO flights for August.. and various Hotels plus a car hire. Around 5 days ago, I initiated the cancellations as it became clear I would not be going.

American Airlines had a guarantee with my tickets, that if I cancelled, then I would get a credit note. I phoned them up to get the note and they pointed out that they had changed my LHR - Phoenix from direct to indirect. They then told me that I could therefore have a refund in 7 days. Fantastic service and I now await.

Car hire with Holiday Autos.. back already.

Hotels with EBookers. Awaiting agreed full refunds as in the T’s and C’s.

That is a total of around £4900 with 14 different suppliers . All are back on that first vacation, other than £144 from San Francisco love tours. I have initiated a charge back a couple of weeks ago.

On vacation 2, I really don’t think I am going to have any trouble at all and expect my £4200 investment back in full.. within 14 days of initiating the cancellation myself.

I am delighted with the prompt, lawful return of my cash and with no whinging about staff shortages, training, cash flow or anything else. I do not need to mention the companies that have been a nightmare. You doubtless can name them all.
I have since my second US vacation till my attempted 11th and 12th, always gone DIY, despite TA’s glibly informing me of the risks I am taking, that my money would be far safer with them even though it would cost a little more, etc etc. Think Monarch, Thomas Cook and now, a red tailed airline that expect customers to allow them 120 day plus interest free, high risk loans.. That one, regarded by many as the safest and best quality outfit of all, will doubtless still have blind loyal customers despite their admitted law breaking. They have demonstrated moral standards lower than a Pythons Testicles and the fact that they may sink if they refund their customers is irrelevant in law..
I feel utterly and totally vindicated following the events of the last 4 months and now, would never do it any other way.

Flights, separate with BA, AA, United or Delta (the last two from many previous experiences). You may in future see me on a Virgin Atlantic plane... but it would only be on an American Airlines, Delta or BA ticket as I have done several times in the past.

Internal car hire, Holiday Auto’s and my personal favourite, Budget Avis.. or Andy (Who nobody has to my knowledge has ever spoken of with other than to praise).

Internal transport. AMTRAC can be great .. and quicker than a plane with city centre to city centre stations, no travel to airports, minimal check in, no security, no walk to the gate. (We are always hand baggage only and it is no different to travelling from Bath to Paddington).

Hotels. Through Ebookers and with free cancellation up to 48 hours in the T,s and C’s. Marriott, Premier In.

Florida Villas. .Holidaylettings.co.uk as they once at very short notice (3 weeks)’ got me a replacement Villa at Easter. Obviously there are also Villas on the DIBB.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 08:02 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 20, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Chrissie H
Very Serious Dibber

Chrissie H's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We have decided to cancel and have actually got the same holiday next year, but with an extra 3 nights for only £250 more. So not all holiday prices have gone up. We are staying off site so I don’t know if that is significant.
Chrissie H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
b00110908
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Everyone has different experiences but here's my cents worth...
British Airways - horrific company to deal with, have only ever had hassle. I do go with the cheapest so I've booked a few with them and hate it... including waiting for a refund just now. They have been awful.

Virgin - still waiting for refund, again pretty horrific to deal with.

US hotels - brilliant, very quick to refund.

I'm booking for next year and have no idea who to trust. Possibly KLM..I might ever trust Norwegian (folk may think I'm crazy!)
b00110908 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

No matter who I book with I will using AmEx to do it.
While people seem to be having all sorts of nonsense and bother with many card issuers, AmEx have been brilliant. Chargeback took 60 seconds and money was back in 2 days.

For me,
Expedia, HomeAway, Stena, DFCH - All great
Virgin Atlantic - Appalling.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 20, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

We booked with ba,flight cancelled and refund within the week.Disney refunded within 2 weeks and premier inn within 24 hours!.Discount florida car hire also amazing,had booked but not paid any deposit but cancelled swiftly and easily.Would reccomend them,however disney not great with updating info about our hotel being shut.

Edited at 09:34 PM.
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 20, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
LoveHolidays
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We had a fly drive booked with British Airways. They were fantastic to deal with, as soon as the first of my four flights was cancelled I called them to request a refund. It was in my account within a few days.

I had a villa booked direct with the owner. The service here was pretty good. My balance was due but they suggested holding off until we knew if we would be able to travel. Once it was confirmed that we wouldn't be able to fly the owner forwarded all the documents I would need to claim my deposit back through my insurance.

Busy planning Florida holiday number 17
LoveHolidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 20, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Great service from BA flydrive, Seaworld Vacation Package (one of their hotels + tickets), ticketmaster for rodeo tickets, hotels.com for instant stateside accommodation refund, premier inn and (eventually) refund from holiday extras, took them a while even though I'd bought the extra £1.49 cancellation refund insurance. Only company I wouldn't book again with is holiday extras.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List