Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Oct 20, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Rincelex
Apprentice Imagineer

Mask frustration

I decided to order some masks from the Disney shop a few weeks ago and not knowing what size to order I followed their online size guide and we measured up.

They arrived yesterday and they are too small, they fit across the face fine but the two side strappy bits that hook over your ears have no elastication in them, we can't even get them to stretch to reach our ears.

That's £25 down the drain as they won't accept returns. Pity as they are nice masks.

Too worried about the fit now to order any more.

Getting hacked off with buying masks now, we bought some lovely ones on Ebay so I reordered using the buy again button and different ones turned up and they are too big, again, no returns.
Rincelex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Can you not resell on Ebay?
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

Their sizing is rubbish, we had the opposite. My daughter wanted some for work and as you we measured according to their instructions and they are massive, far too big. They most certainly do not have very good reviews, a lot of people wasting money as you say they cannot be retuned.
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Can yu get elastic and change the straps yourself?
Old 20 Oct 20, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Mobile

What about the things you can buy that go on the back of your head and you attach the straps to them? If the mask is a good size that would help extend the straps.
Disney Bear is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

if they are not fit for purpose then they should be returned as faulty - you have said that they do not have any elastic.

Alternatively can you thread some elastic through yourself?
Old 20 Oct 20, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Rincelex
Apprentice Imagineer

Actually never thought of adapting them to fit, you're right I could probably cut the strap and attach a bit more elastic on. I am not afraid of the sewing machine.

I don't think it right to resell as I wouldn't buy a pack of masks with the seal broken and wouldn't expect anyone else to either.

On another note to do with fitting, go figure

I needed some new slippers as the bottom has finally fallen off mine, I needed to try them on for size but was told in the shop that I couldn't at the moment, but I could bring them back for a refund if they didn't fit. So I bought two pairs in different sizes which I then tried on at the counter and I then gave her back the pair that didn't fit and asked for a refund as they were the wrong size.
Rincelex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

This happened to us - we had bought three packs so £60 down - they replaced them for a bigger size.