Old 14 Apr 13, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Alison
Excited about Disney

Alison's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Photomagique! April 2013 Day 4

Sunday 7th April

Everyone slept so much better last night – despite having the phone ring at midnight, making us practically jump out of our skin! Someone must have dialled the wrong number.

The plan today had been to go to Paris for the day. However, we had had a long chat the previous night and decided that with everyone still not 100%, this wasn’t necessarily the best plan. We really didn’t want to bumble around aimlessly for a couple of hours and didn’t feel we could do it justice when I (in particular) was still not well. So we decided we would come back to Paris for a weekend another time!

Anyway, we got dressed and headed off for breakfast. Despite having a 7am breakfast slot – and plenty of good intentions – we never made it to breakfast on time. I think today was about the latest – almost 8am. We still only had to wait a few minutes, though and, bizarrely, we were given exactly the same table as we had on Friday! Nigel ate his body weight in mortadella while the rest of us were slightly more restrained. I loved having fresh fruit salad every morning!

We popped to reception to let them know about the TV and heating not working and then got all our layers on and headed for the park. For those who, like us, have not been for a while, you go through bag xray when leaving Lake Disney now, rather than at the park entrance. The CM there totally embarrassed Stephen by calling him Justin Bieber!

We arrived at the entrance at about 9. This was a total departure for us this holiday – we are die-hard rope drop freaks – but having a couple of extra days really meant we didn’t need to rush it. And the sun was shining! This was the only day we were able to get blue sky photos.

On the way by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Sun by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Blue Sky by limegreenlife, on Flickr

We went to Peter Pan first as we hadn’t done that yet – only a 10 minute or so wait, even at that time. It’s really hard to get a photo on here – the lighting is awful and it is so quick, the camera doesn’t have time to focus - so we were quite pleased with these!

Big Ben by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Peter Pan by limegreenlife, on Flickr

We then went to the gallery at the top of the castle and spent a bit of time taking photos.

Les Trois Fees by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Stained glass by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Spinning wheel by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Once upon a dream by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Views of Fantasyland by limegreenlife, on Flickr

When we came down, the ropes were all in place holding guests back from entering the parks until 10 am. We went and waited at the Frontierland entrance for a few minutes and then set off to BTM.

The boys were pretty much at the beginning of the line so I went and waited at the exit and took some photos while they rode. When they came off, we picked up some FP and then headed over for our daily dose of Phantom Manor (the ghosts in the mirrors didn’t work all trip sadly).

Mad scientist by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Sunset by limegreenlife, on Flickr

After that, we saw the Molly Brown coming in to dock so we went and sailed around the river before the boys used their FP for Big Thunder. Even Panoramagique was flying today – can you spot it?

Reflections of Big Thunder by limegreenlife, on Flickr

She'll be coming down the mountain by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Riverside view by limegreenlife, on Flickr

. by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Rivers of the Far West by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Boats and trains by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Thunder Mesa Riverboat Landing by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Thunder Mesa by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Edited at 10:05 PM.
Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 13, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Alison
Excited about Disney

Alison's Reviews
We had planned to eat at Hakuna Matata today after hearing everyone rave about it but, when we arrived there, it was shut. I was surprised it was shut on a weekend but this seemed to be a real feature of this trip – in the evening, many places shut at 7.30, leaving people wandering around looking for places to eat. A bit of a nightmare if you were on the meal plan.

Anyway, we went to Cowboy Cookout instead and all had chicken strips and potato wedges. These meals were huge and tasty – I could only eat 2 of my 4 chicken strips – and with the band playing while we ate, it was good fun. Would highly recommend it.

Cowboy Cookout by limegreenlife, on Flickr

As we came out, we noticed people outside the Pueblo Trading Post with pin boards and bags. Stephen likes to collect pins and has traded the odd one but these were the big boys and he wasn’t that fussed. It was about the only pin trading we saw in Paris, though. We popped into the shop in case they were doing Vinylmation trading and they had a huge case! Stephen was hoping to trade the first Star Wars one he had bought and was delighted that they had lots of good ones (in his eyes), including three Nightmare Before Christmas ones. After some deliberation, he settled on Oogie Boogie and was really chuffed with his trade.

We walked to Indiana Jones but there was a 15 minute queue and Stephen decided he couldn’t be bothered to wait! So we had a potter around Adventure Isle – haven’t done that since S was tiny! – and then went back and did Pirates.

Adventure Isle by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Crow's Nest by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Nine lives by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Yo ho, yo ho by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Skull cave by limegreenlife, on Flickr

We had a wander around Fantasyland, meeting a couple of right characters on the way!

We're all mad here by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Rooftops by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Cinderella by limegreenlife, on Flickr

We then rode Pinocchio and Snow White again.

Up the wooden stairs by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Snow Queen by limegreenlife, on Flickr

We wandered back through the castle and saw the dragon again.

Beware dragons by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Balloons by limegreenlife, on Flickr

We saw the 20th anniversary train – we made sure we went to the other side this time!

Birthday train by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Mice by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Love how the characters pose – spot Minnie doing the sign with her fingers!

Nigel and Stephen had ice cream and then we stopped off in the shops and bought some glasses and a couple of Mickey nibble dishes. 

We went back to the hotel for a shower and a rest. The TV was working but the heating would still not come on.  Suddenly, I noticed a slight breeze at the curtains – the window was open a tiny crack. As soon as I closed it, the heating came on – the aircon is obviously designed only to work with the windows closed. The cleaner must have opened the window halfway through our visit. We went to the Earl of Sandwich again for tea. Stephen had ham and cheese, Nigel had the Caribbean Jerk chicken and I had the Full Montagu. Just as good as last time!
Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 13, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Alison
Excited about Disney

Alison's Reviews
The park was really quiet at the moment - the boys walked on to Space and Star Tours. Nigel suddenly realised that he was missing a pretty important part of the ride on Space Mountain – the soundtrack is pumped through the head rest and he is too tall for his head to fit in there, so he totally missed it!

C3-PO by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Star Tours by limegreenlife, on Flickr

These are not the droids you are looking for by limegreenlife, on Flickr

We then went to Fantasyland. Small World had no queue at all – in fact, they were encouraging you to stay on the boats and ride again, but once was enough for us! We also went on the teacups and the carousel.

Round and round by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Although it was early, we decided to go and stake out a spot for Dreams.

Castle by limegreenlife, on Flickr

We wanted to be closer to the front but not too close. We stood behind the railings which worked quite well for us as I am ‘vertically challenged’ and it meant I didn’t get anyone standing directly in front of me. (Doesn’t matter to Nigel – he’s 6’4”!) Definitely worth standing behind the first set of railings, though – the second ones have a sligh hump inside them and if, as happened to us the first time, people climb over the railings and stand on the hill, you really can’t see the main part of the castle. Despite the park being so busy, we still had to hold fast to that spot for over an hour.

I know there is a lot of discussion over the best place to see Dreams - for me, I felt you got far more from it if you could see the screen they put in the archway. So many of the animations that tell the story are projected on there - I missed so much of the story the first time, when I couldn't see that part of the castle.

There were still plenty of spaces when it was due to start but not with such a good view. It wasn’t cold though and we had snacks with us and played Disney alphabet games so it wasn’t too bad. It’s a long old haul when Dreams is at 10pm, though!

The show was even better this time – it really is fantastic.

It was hard to choose just a few photos to share so there are quite a few here - sorry! Look away now if you're avoiding shots of Dreams until you actually see it!

Shine by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Be our guest by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Hunchback by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Lion King by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Shadow by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Tangled by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Dreams by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Then we headed slowly back to the hotel to pack – last day tomorrow

Edited at 07:38 PM.
Old 15 Apr 13, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Your photos are fab xxx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 13, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
lulujane
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Stunning photos of Dreams! Thanks for posting them all
Old 15 Apr 13, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
saffy202
Apprentice Imagineer

stunning photography, thoroughly enjoying your reports, pity about not feeling too well x
Old 18 Apr 13, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Fantasitc pucs of dreams. Cant wait to see it
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List