Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 7 Nov 19, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
VIP Dibber

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile Q jumpers

One of my annoyances at the parks are que jumpers and the techniques they use
When we were queuing at the park gates to access hagrids ride the other day.

We noticed a youngish woman come to the front of one of the ques near the time of opening and start asking a family about what time did they start queuing to get near to the gates and various other questions to waste time and give other families the idea they were all together. As the gates opened she walked in with them.
Once towards the locker area she beckoned her family members, all 15 of them to join her saying you need to keep up with her.
Obviously a well rehearsed operation
2017 All Stars Movies
2016 Boardwalk Villas
2015 Pop Century
2014 Old Key West
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

I hate that ! Happens everywhere we noticed it especially badly this summer in California at Disneyland... parents pushing little kids in front of them to get through a queue. Their attitude being the others in the line wouldn’t stop a child... was shameful
Here in the UK you can get thrown out of a park for that!
Hughseysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
This one is quite nice.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

I must admit I don't remember seeing queue jumping whilst we were there, but we tended to use the FP+ and had an AAP for Universal. I was glad to see FP+ rescan points so that queue jumpers couldn't duck under the barrier into the FP+ line.

I absolutely hate it with a passion though

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
olivia
Serious Dibber

We found that lots of people were jumping the queue to catch up with their family. I’m sure we’d all like to send one person into queue then join them later. Also on hagrids we waited for our family to put items in locker, a lot of groups just then jumped queue to catch up with them.
olivia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

We encountered just one family of queue jumpers, but strangely enough, and against all odds, have encountered the SAME family three times: twice in one day at Epcot, and again a few days later in MK. It was always the same story: one by one they would cut through the queue on the premise that they are joining other family members (the young girl, maybe 8 years old, would go first, followed by mum and dad, one at a time). The first couple of times we were a bit annoyed, the third time we just had to laugh about it. It was tempting to say something but I believe karma will do its thing in due course
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Busyb
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

It did happen to us queuing up for Mickey. I told them where to go. They think no-one will say anything like you have just said so they just carry on. I like things being fair so I always make it known if someone has jumped the queue. Just say something to them like 'You do know there is a queue?'.
Busyb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

I don’t have a problem telling a jumpers where to go as busyb said they think no one will say anything, I just speak very loudly so everyone can hear and both times the families have left the q with their tails between there legs
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 02:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida White
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I saw it for Hagrids dad went first then kids and wife cut through. Was first thing made a difference of a 4 trains. Personally I’m ok if somebody has to take a kid to the restroom then return back to the party but sending an advance then 3 or 4 following is a total mickey take excuse the pun!
Florida White is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 04:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We've been doing the parks so long we just don't tolerate it it's either in Spanish or Portuguese get lost wait till you catch up with them or kick up such a stink with cast members who can see what's going on
We get some kind of result
If my 2 year old Gs can wait 90 mins for slinky so can you
We tend to spread out in the que as well and don't care if they are not happy no matter what Park I'd be asking CM to sortbit PDQ
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List