Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 15 Jan 20, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
guinness_79
Very Serious Dibber

rosen inn pointe orlando - just booked - few Q's

Hi,

We have just booked to stay here in October - first time in a hotel and not in a villa!

Parking - Is there a charge for parking a car overnight?

Breakfast Option - we have opted for room only, it worked out £25 per day with BA to opt for breakfast (there are 4 of us) - can you do this when you get there or should we add it on via BA; not sure if its worth it

I trolley - looks like there is a stop right outside - is this correct?

Location - There appear to be various blocks - anyone have any recommendations on which one to stay in?

Pool - are the pools heated?

Pool area - is there a bar- reasonably priced?

Shuttles to parks - Uber seems cheap enough but it mentions free shuttles - anyone know how good/ regular they are?

Rooms - Is there decent storage and is there a fridge in the room

Hairdryer - is there a hair dryer in the room

Think thats it!

Slightly nervouc about the lack of space but its only for a week so fingers crossed!

Thanks in advance
guinness_79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Following, we're staying here for the first time in April.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

There is a fridge in the room, a chest of drawers (quite large) and a wardrobe. No fee for parking and I’m pretty sure there is an I-trolley stop outside the entrance.
You can book breakfast when you are there which I would do as there is a Denny’s within walking distance which may offer better value than the Rosen’s. I think the shuttles to the parks need to be pre-booked.
There is a hairdryer in the room.
I think we stayed in block D on I drive side.
I have no idea about the pools as we didn’t use them.
It is a really nice budget accommodation, we really enjoyed our stay
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
eastendpar
Excited about Disney

eastendpar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
roseninn9000/accommodations/
roseninn9000/about-our-hotel/

These might help.
eastendpar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Breakfast - lot of options in hotel and outside, - very close so I would wing it rather than buy into one option.

Tip - laundry you need cash for, to buy tokens with to go in machine. You cannot buy tokens with a credit card!

Millers across the road has special offers certain days of week, so nip in on first night and take a picture of menu (oh it's probably online too - but where is the fun in that!).

We emailed in advance and requested a room - very accommodating and got exactly what we wanted.

Not sure if pool was heated - it was August, and ver warm! They get quite busy - well the closest to reception does so I would ask for further away - its all close together. The pool does close on time at night and opens at respectable time in morning s you don't get disturbed.

Rooms are compact - but same size as say Disney Port Orleans.
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stupet11 View Post
Breakfast - lot of options in hotel and outside, - very close so I would wing it rather than buy into one option.

Tip - laundry you need cash for, to buy tokens with to go in machine. You cannot buy tokens with a credit card!

Millers across the road has special offers certain days of week, so nip in on first night and take a picture of menu (oh it's probably online too - but where is the fun in that!).

We emailed in advance and requested a room - very accommodating and got exactly what we wanted.

Not sure if pool was heated - it was August, and ver warm! They get quite busy - well the closest to reception does so I would ask for further away - its all close together. The pool does close on time at night and opens at respectable time in morning s you don't get disturbed.

Rooms are compact - but same size as say Disney Port Orleans.
Thanks for the info. Is there a particular block that you'd recommend? I'm not too fussy but would prefer a quieter room.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
Thanks for the info. Is there a particular block that you'd recommend? I'm not too fussy but would prefer a quieter room.
I requested closet to reception and ground floor, as didn't want to lug case sup / down stairs! Can't remember if they have lifts.

That pool was very busy though (but not overly nosey) so prob great if you have social kids. But you can always walk to next pool.

Close to reception was handy though.
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Villainlover
VIP Dibber

Villainlover's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Just don't go for block A I think it is .. right by the helipad ..I wouldn't want that noise every ten minutes during daylight hours

We preferred the block farthest away from reception quiet and extra parking spaces

There is no resort fee which is good

Breakfast is ok its a buffet but not being a fan of communal food we only ate the free one we got with Virgin

great Location at the nicer end of I drive near the Point

Buenaventura Lakes 1993
Indian Ridge 1995/6/7 Oak Island Harbour 1998 Indian Point 1999 Eagle ridge 2000 Crescent lakes 2001 Indian Ridge Oaks 2003 Highlands Reserve 2004/5
Hampton Inn Convention centre 2007
Hampton lakes 2008 Highlands reserve 2009
Highlands Reserve 2010/11/12/13/14/15
Villainlover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Villainlover View Post
Just don't go for block A I think it is .. right by the helipad ..I wouldn't want that noise every ten minutes during daylight hours

We preferred the block farthest away from reception quiet and extra parking spaces

There is no resort fee which is good

Breakfast is ok its a buffet but not being a fan of communal food we only ate the free one we got with Virgin

great Location at the nicer end of I drive near the Point

Do you remember what block that was Villainlover? I’d prefer further away from reception if it’s quieter.
Old 15 Jan 20, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Villainlover
VIP Dibber

Villainlover's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
Do you remember what block that was Villainlover? I’d prefer further away from reception if it’s quieter.
Block F facing I drive

gonna be there in 2 weeks time

Buenaventura Lakes 1993
Indian Ridge 1995/6/7 Oak Island Harbour 1998 Indian Point 1999 Eagle ridge 2000 Crescent lakes 2001 Indian Ridge Oaks 2003 Highlands Reserve 2004/5
Hampton Inn Convention centre 2007
Hampton lakes 2008 Highlands reserve 2009
Highlands Reserve 2010/11/12/13/14/15
Villainlover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List