Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Oct 20, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Mobile

GPs need to make an assessment on whether a patient needs to be physically seen rather than take the patients word. ( Not saying that OP is doing this)
If the receptionist is telling you this and not listen then speak to the practice manager but the less people in the building the better for everyone.
All GPs should be working the same as following the same guidance but for some reason it is not being implemented the same.
Old 5 Oct 20, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

geh.nhs.uk/patients/video...ltations-faqs/
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I sent my young female GP some pictures of myself and I got banned from the practice!
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I sent my young female GP some pictures of myself and I got banned from the practice!
Yes, I can believe that.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

That’s disgusting - get a neighbour in?! I’m sorry, that is completely ridiculous.

I know things have had to change, but fgs that’s insane. They won’t see you to protect from the virus, but they expect an untrained neighbour to pop in and take a photo instead.

We’ve always been lucky with our GP, I do have to have an asthma review on the phone though.. but pointless as I don’t have a peak flow monitor. I don’t see the point in this, might as well wait until I can go in. If my asthma gets worse, I’ll be in hospital anyway so someone will have to see me.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Theres ways round it as already described send the email picture in.
As for asthma reviews over the phone its a great way to do an asthma review. The hundreds I've done in the last 6m have been no less thorough if not better. We don't need to see people face to face all the time for chronic disease reviews much of the management can be done by a skilled nurse over the phone. Peak flow meters can be bought on amazon for not much more than a prescription fee £9.99. Apologies but peak flow blowing in a GP surgery or pharmacy is still a no no. The nurse will tell you what the predicted value is for your age and height and what's the best you've blown in the past. Right breathe has fantastic resources for patients and clinicians on its website . Worth a look to help to manage asthma alongside telephone reviews.
Old 5 Oct 20, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
Theres ways round it as already described send the email picture in.
As for asthma reviews over the phone its a great way to do an asthma review. The hundreds I've done in the last 6m have been no less thorough if not better. We don't need to see people face to face all the time for chronic disease reviews much of the management can be done by a skilled nurse over the phone. Peak flow meters can be bought on amazon for not much more than a prescription fee £9.99. Apologies but peak flow blowing in a GP surgery or pharmacy is still a no no. The nurse will tell you what the predicted value is for your age and height and what's the best you've blown in the past. Right breathe has fantastic resources for patients and clinicians on its website . Worth a look to help to manage asthma alongside telephone reviews.
Maybe like my Blood Pressure readings

I haven't had one done in the Surgery for over 4 years. I just present him with a snapshot of 7 or 8 readings and an average of all those and he gives me another 6 months supply.

Saves him time, saves mine and is probably more accurate.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

After much discussion and them not being happy about sending picture via e-mail, I have been allowed to print off said photo and present it at the surgery. It makes me wonder, I am76yrs (no violins! ) and able to fight my corner, a few 76year olds may not be able to do so and give up in the face of such intransigent behaviour and miss out on treatment

Edited at 02:32 PM. Reason: spelling!
greekgranny is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I fully understand why they need to limit face to face appointments. Also, that some people actually like to deal with all on phones etc.

However, there are people (like my Mum) - who has no smart phone and can only just manage the basics on a lap top (half an hour to type one email - forget online shopping!) that need sometimes to have a face to face meeting.

If a receptionist, who was probably only doing her job and responding as instructed (though in my surgery we have good receptionists who understand and those that don't) suggested the only way forward was to get a neighbour in to photo my "issue" I would do no more than put phone down and then make a call direct to the Practice Manager
meggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Maybe like my Blood Pressure readings

I haven't had one done in the Surgery for over 4 years. I just present him with a snapshot of 7 or 8 readings and an average of all those and he gives me another 6 months supply.

Saves him time, saves mine and is probably more accurate.
Absolutely and your blood pressure is most likely fantastic at home x