Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Oct 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by meggy View Post
I fully understand why they need to limit face to face appointments. Also, that some people actually like to deal with all on phones etc.

However, there are people (like my Mum) - who has no smart phone and can only just manage the basics on a lap top (half an hour to type one email - forget online shopping!) that need sometimes to have a face to face meeting.

If a receptionist, who was probably only doing her job and responding as instructed (though in my surgery we have good receptionists who understand and those that don't) suggested the only way forward was to get a neighbour in to photo my "issue" I would do no more than put phone down and then make a call direct to the Practice Manager
Actually it wasn't the Receptionist that suggested the neighbour it was the practice nurse
Old 5 Oct 20, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
Actually it wasn't the Receptionist that suggested the neighbour it was the practice nurse
I stand corrected .
meggy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I sent my young female GP some pictures of myself and I got banned from the practice!
Prelock down too
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Prelock down too
I meant pre lockdown.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
You should get in touch with the PM, ask why you can't send by email. Very strange. By taking your picture along you are presenting at the practice.

As a patient, I'd much rather present over the phone or video link than turn up at a full waiting room with vulnerable patients. I can't understand why people want the GP surgeries open as previously. Of course, some things need seen, and should be, and are where I work. If your GP is refusing to either see you by phone/video link or in person then you should report the practice. Absolutely.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Husband has just rung from work to say one eye is bloodshot and both are weeping .
He works around acids so for him to worry is unusual.
He said he wasn’t sure what he should do in the current climate (He did ask if he should dial 911 , I suggested he shouldn’t )
We settled on a good eye bath with saline , call the doctor , then 111 if they knocked him back .
Does underline there should be better communication and trust in GPS
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
You would have thought they would know better. Who in their right mind would get a neighbour involved in your health care, ridiculous suggestion by the nurse. The practise manager should be informed.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Husband has just rung from work to say one eye is bloodshot and both are weeping .
He works around acids so for him to worry is unusual.
He said he wasn’t sure what he should do in the current climate (He did ask if he should dial 911 , I suggested he shouldn’t )
We settled on a good eye bath with saline , call the doctor , then 111 if they knocked him back .
Does underline there should be better communication and trust in GPS
Bath it fully and either contact the local eye hospital or 111. Dont bother with the GP for eyes
Old 5 Oct 20, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MinniMouse View Post
You should get in touch with the PM, ask why you can't send by email. Very strange. By taking your picture along you are presenting at the practice.

As a patient, I'd much rather present over the phone or video link than turn up at a full waiting room with vulnerable patients. I can't understand why people want the GP surgeries open as previously. Of course, some things need seen, and should be, and are where I work. If your GP is refusing to either see you by phone/video link or in person then you should report the practice. Absolutely.
Have taken the picture down to the surgery, rang the doorbell and the receptionist took it in. Awaiting further information.
Old 5 Oct 20, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by meggy View Post
I stand corrected .
No offence meant, sorry