Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 8 Oct 20, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Mightyfraz
Getting Excited

Florida 2019 - Tell Me This Isn't The Last Time - Day 05 - MK and The Boathouse

The index is here.

Wednesday 31st July 2019

The plan for today was MK, we had FPs for Seven Dwarves Mine Train, Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise which we had never done before. Afternoon as normal was to chill before heading to Disney Springs. It’s changed so much since we last visited, so planned to have a look around before eating at The Boathouse. MK had late EMH so if we felt up to it, we’d head back there for more rides.

We all woke up around 0710 and had breakfast in lounge; after breakfast we went to bus stop but on the way out of the lobby, there was a minivan themed with Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railroad…photo opportunity!

By the time we got to the bus stop, we had just missed one and the next one was delayed; so, we got a Lyft to the TTC ($10.14 (£6.74)) and caught the Monorail to MK.

Our first FP was Haunted Mansion between 1000-1100; checking wait times, Space Mountain was around 15 mins so we headed there, then rode the People Mover and Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger (DD1 beat me and DD2 beat DW) I tried to remember where the first shot is which is 500k points but couldn’t .

You can see the focus on all of our faces……well I’m really unsure what DW was doing . We started making our way to Haunted Mansion and on the way we grabbed a snack at the Cheshire Cat.

We got 2 Cheshire Cat Tails and a Wonderland Slushy for 3 snack credits ($17.47 (£14.44)). They were absolutely lovely It was another beautiful bright day in WDW

A stop at Memento Mori for yep more pins for DD2 then onto Haunted Mansion. I think I’ve said this about a lot of rides in this trippie, but this is a family favourite maybe we need tiers for favourites like WDW has for rides ?

Wow, now that’s what I call a good-looking family It’s a Small World was next

Then Winnie The Pooh (another favourite) and Seven Dwarves Mine Train for our FP

It broke down just before the end of the ride; DD2 and I chatted to the couple behind us and they were lovely. Maybe controversial but none of us were that impressed with Seven Dwarves last trip and have to say it didn’t impress this time

Food time! DW read about Friar’s Nook so we went there; DDs had Bratwurst and Tots, DW had Creamy Bacon Macaroni and Cheese Tots and I had the Loaded Buffalo Chicken Tots, all of them with fountain drinks

We used 4 QS credits otherwise it would have been $61.26 (£50.63). It’s the first time we’ve eaten there and it was amazing, both mine and DW’s were so tasty that we had to stop ourselves going back for seconds. DDs said the bratwurst was nice but the roll was not to their liking; needless to say, I had to try it and it was nice albeit the roll was sweeter than what we would have normally. We’d recommend it thoroughly and will be on our list to go again on the next trip.

Next was another first for us, Jungle Cruise; we loved it, our Captain was really funny and really engaged. Definitely on the list for the next trip.

Our reservation at The Boathouse was 1700 so we thought we’d head over to Disney Springs, on the way out of MK, we stopped in Starbucks and grabbed 2 Very Berry Hibiscus and a Peach Green tea for 3 snack credits, the cost was $16.27 (£13.45).

The events of the next hour didn’t really go down well and in hindsight, was definitely not very well planned it was about 1400 and we had three hours before our reservation; DDs were getting tired and said to catch the bus back to Beach Club, relax until 1630 then go to Disney Springs for dinner then have a look around. I said let’s just go to DS now and then after dinner we can go back to Beach Club and relax for the evening. Reluctantly they agreed with me…..

We walked to the bus station and was told that the buses to DS started at 1600; it’s at this point we should have got on the bus to Beach Club but oh no….. I walked back to security and asked them how to get to DS. All we needed to do is catch a bus to POR then a boat to DS.

It took an age to get to POR and the bus was excruciatingly hot so when we got off no-one was in a good mood. We had just missed the boat, which of course made everyone feel better so the Chief Planner (DW) said to get a Lyft back to Beach Club, relax for an hour and then head to DS so that’s what we did. Lyft from POR to BC was $7.01 (£6.19) and then from BC to DS was $10.14 (£7.98).

Suitably refreshed, we had a little look around DS, just look at all of the cookies, cakes and toffee apples

DD1 bought some BT21 (Korean band? ) T-shirts in Uni-Qlo, then we went to The Boathouse. Similar to California Grill the other night, this is a 2 TS credit restaurant and DD1 will not have much on the menu, so we’ll use up the last 6 credits and pay for DD1.

First off, the theming is great and there is merchandise that is exclusive to The Boathouse. We were sat by the window and had a lovely view over the lakes

I tried some local beers

DD1 had chicken nuggets and fries; the other three of us had filet mignon, Caesar salad and a side of fries to share. The salad and fries were off plan

These photos do the meal absolutely no justice whatsoever, the steak was cooked to perfection and was really juicy, the salad was crisp and the fries amazing

For dessert, DD2 ordered chocolate cake as she was going to share it with DD1; DW ordered lemon raspberry sorbet and I had New York blueberry cheesecake; again, they were absolutely amazing.

This time I think the photos do justice DD1’s birthday badge benefit continued as the server brought out a birthday cupcake and sang to her.

The total cost was $298 (£246.45) but as we had a number of extras I think the DDP value was around $241 (£199). Although it was expensive (or as mentioned in the trippie already, reasonable for a Disney restaurant ), the food, theming and location is excellent. It’s on the list to go back and would highly recommend it.

We had a walk around DS and DW remembered reading on the Dibb that you could use snack credits at Ghardellis on chocolate. They had lots of offers on, such as buy two bags of sweets and get one free. DD2 wanted a slushy from Goofys and bearing in mind tomorrow was morning in Epcot and then heading to US at lunchtime, we didn’t see the need to keep anymore snack credits. So, we traded in 17 snack credits for chocolates It worked out the equivalent of $6.23 (£5.15) per credit. Effectively with the B2G1F deals, we spent $140.86 (£116.41) on chocolate, ah well we’ll split them into smaller bags and give them to DDs’ friends as gift.

We ordered a Lyft and DD2 picked up a razzle dazzle pink slushy at Goofys using the last snack credit ($4.99 (£4.12)); the Lyft to BC cost $11.92 (£8.35)

Today was fantastic, we had fun in MK and getting back to BC (me, only me who had fun?) looking around DS and having a wonderful meal in The Boathouse.

DDP
• Snack Credits – 24 start – 24 = 0 left
• QS Credits – 8 start – 4 = 4 left (on track)
• TS Credits – 6 start – 6 = 0 left
• Daily Saving $481.85 (£398.27)
• Total Saving $1445.92 (£1194.97)

Tomorrow is Epcot where we have FPs for Test Track, Mission Space and Spaceship Earth before saying goodbye to BC and heading to RPR for US/IOA. Day 6's trip report can be found here

Edited at 04:34 PM.
Mightyfraz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
That was a lot of chocolate

Joan
Old 10 Oct 20, 01:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Another good day and a hoard of chocolate too boot.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 20, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Great day plus a sack full of Ghiradelli goodness 😋
Thanks for sharing
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerLily8
VIP Dibber

I'm so glad you enjoyed the Boathouse, it is our favourite! Another great day (minus the transport hiccup!)
TigerLily8 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List