Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Oct 20, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Going to cost us the best part of £600 just to buy them DS and DH can fit them
DS has already done all their rental properties and own homes
I didn't particularly like spending the money. Obviously I feel better now that its done. It could be worse. Those people who through no fault of their own have purchased flats which have the wrong cladding. Costing them thousands.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Note to self, read first, just bought 2 non linked smoke alarms with lithium batteries. Back to the drawing board.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
kiwiinabd
Very Serious Dibber

Assuming the delay is approved by the Scottish Parliament, I will be sending mine back to Amazon ! Amazon screwed up and sent the inferior models anyway !

I already have a fully interlinked functioning smoke alarm system in the house the only trouble is they use 9V batteries and therefore are not compliant with the new legislation !

Will buy new ones in 12 months time !
kiwiinabd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Originally Posted by kiwiinabd View Post
Assuming the delay is approved by the Scottish Parliament, I will be sending mine back to Amazon ! Amazon screwed up and sent the inferior models anyway !

I already have a fully interlinked functioning smoke alarm system in the house the only trouble is they use 9V batteries and therefore are not compliant with the new legislation !

Will buy new ones in 12 months time !
As you know I got the same models. They gave me a 40% discount which I took. The only difference between the models is that the cheaper ones can't connect to the "hive" and therefore wouldn't be seeable on the app. I had no intention of buying the "hive" and having my alarms on an app as it serves no purpose for me. Quite happy to take the discount as that meant I got everything I needed for under £100.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
kiwiinabd
Very Serious Dibber

Interesting letter from Scottish Parliament regarding the delay saying you will not be breaking the law if you don't implement the changes ! They also telling AICO to remove Scottish Parliament logo from their leaflets !

parliament.scot/S5_Local...oke_Alarms.pdf

"Our intention in bringing forward these changes is that everyone should benefit from the same level of protection, whether they own their home or rent from a social or private landlord. As with other housing standards, it will be the responsibility of the homeowner to meet the new fire and carbon monoxide alarm standard. However, it should be noted that the legislation does not create a direct duty on home owners. The legal duty rests with the local authority to ensure homes in its area are meeting the standard. Homes that don’t have the right alarms will clearly not be meeting the safety standards, but nobody will be breaking the law if they are not able to comply"
kiwiinabd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Originally Posted by kiwiinabd View Post
Interesting letter from Scottish Parliament regarding the delay saying you will not be breaking the law if you don't implement the changes ! They also telling AICO to remove Scottish Parliament logo from their leaflets !

parliament.scot/S5_Local...oke_Alarms.pdf

"Our intention in bringing forward these changes is that everyone should benefit from the same level of protection, whether they own their home or rent from a social or private landlord. As with other housing standards, it will be the responsibility of the homeowner to meet the new fire and carbon monoxide alarm standard. However, it should be noted that the legislation does not create a direct duty on home owners. The legal duty rests with the local authority to ensure homes in its area are meeting the standard. Homes that don’t have the right alarms will clearly not be meeting the safety standards, but nobody will be breaking the law if they are not able to comply"
Well that completely clears up that then, apart for the small bit where I don't understand it one bit. Its the homeowners responsibility but its not really as its the councils to ensure the homeowner is meeting the legal standards which they don't have to meet. Still wonder where the insurance companies will sit with all this?
Old 30 Mar 21, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Ours are all going in this week as we’ve to take down ceilings and lift floors for new central heating
We did relatives a couple of weeks ago before they moved in we were £200 for their 2 bed bungalow and £585 for ours that’s not including fitting
The date is now Feb 2022 for compliance
As we’ve had to argue with insurance before after a fire I’m not giving them any room to get out of paying up

Edited at 09:59 AM.
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List