Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 23 Feb 09, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Bradleysmummy
Imagineer

Bradleysmummy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We went at the end of January and although we encountered most of the things you described including almost having a full scale fight, and the fact I personally didn't feel the magic and would much prefer to spend my hard earned money in Florida, we made the most of it and had a really good time. My friends gave me the best weekend I've had in a long time!
Bradleysmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 09, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
AmandaB
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ladyraven View Post
The most important bit for me wasn't whether *I* enjoyed it, it was whether my kids enjoyed it. They are already asking when we are going back, so I guess it was a success.

I TOTALLY agree and my kids are always asking to go back.
2020 Cancelled, 2021 in planning
AmandaB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 09, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
jolloyd81
Apprentice Imagineer

jolloyd81's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Only realised at the end you were talking about Paris, not Florida.
I have priced this up a few times, but found it expensive with flights etc, so always end up thinking Florida isnt that bad a deal after all!

Oct/Nov 2023 - Villa Holiday
Oct 2017 - Dibb Villa, May 2012 - Dibb Villa
2010 Oct - Dibb Villa
2008 & 2007 villa/2005 villa/2003 I Drive/2001 I Drive
jolloyd81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 09, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post

I went to DLRP last month and had a fantastic time, DLP is more beautiful than Magic Kingdom, the CM were just as good as WDW and interacted well with guests. It only cost me £300 including flights hotel and tickets so great value. Its interesting as I have recently been reading more and more negative things about peoples experience at WDW too, so I don't think WDW is free from all these problems, I know I have experienced grumpy CM, smoking in non designated areas and pushing at WDW.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 09, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
I have not been to DLP and that was mainly because my sister and her family had a very similar experience. She complained bitterly. And then returned a second time. When the same things happened all over again, I decided then and there not to go. She had spent almost as much in a week as we had in getting to Florida in the first place.
Old 24 Feb 09, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Donna

We have just returned yesterday from DLP and I would agree with everything you said. I was not expecting it to measure up to Florida but even then I was still disappointed. We only went for 3 nights and I was ready to come home which I have never felt before.

It was ok but not somewhere I'd rush to go back to. I can't believe how expensive it was.

I'll just save for Florida in future.
Old 24 Feb 09, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post

i have toyed with DLP for a while now, i made a post on here asking people to convince me to book

a mate of mine went the weekend just gone, we went to butlins ( minehead ), as it happens we had a great time, my DD ( 1 yr old )saw TWO barney shows which made her weekend, even my other DD ( 6 yr old ) had a good time, liked the firest barney show, watched and joined in with the bob the builder show, the only downside was i kept on saying " its not disney is it " and its not, but for 4 days it cost us under 350 quid, that included food and spends, anyways, wnough of butlins

i was looking at DLP as we will not get back to WDW this year and the way the climate is might not be even 2010 but reading more and more people say " dont bother with DLP " makes me think it might be better to have haven and butlins holidays and save for WDW
Old 25 Feb 09, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
SC-owls
Excited about Disney

Been to both, enjoyed both, i think some people expect too much, I'm pretty sure if most people disliking dlp weren't looking through star spangled glasses they would enjoy it more. Remember we have more in common with the American culture than the European one, they behave a lot different to us, some may say rude, that's just the way they are.
SC-owls is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 09, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
snoops
Very Serious Dibber

snoops's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by SC-owls View Post
Been to both, enjoyed both, i think some people expect too much, I'm pretty sure if most people disliking dlp weren't looking through star spangled glasses they would enjoy it more. Remember we have more in common with the American culture than the European one, they behave a lot different to us, some may say rude, that's just the way they are.
I have been to FL 6 times and DLP 4 times, the first couple of times I did compare but not the last 2. The last 2 times I have found all the cm's very polite, helpful a big change from when I first went. Even though I do not get the same feeling as in FL. and there are a lot of things I do not like about DLP this would not stop me from going back. DLP is ideal for myself and my GD on our own. I would dearly love to take her to FL. but cannot face going out there on our own. So DLP is the next best thing.

FL: Apr 93, Apr 95, Sept 00, Sept 01, Sept 02, Sept 04, May 11, July 15, Apr 17, Fantasy Apr 17

DLP: Aug 98, Feb 08, Feb 09, Feb 10, Oct 10, Feb 12, Feb 13
Oct 13,Feb 15,
snoops is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 09, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
msdisneytonian
Imagineer

msdisneytonian's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by SC-owls View Post
agree that some compare it to Florida but not all - Ive been 10 times to DLP and 4 times to WDW (not that im claiming to be an expert) but what I did notice this year was the smoking problem is way out of hand - even started a thread about it when we got back. As for the character interaction, I cant say I noticed any difference, in fact my step-daughter was dancing with the great mouse in the foyer of the Disneyland Hotel. However, the previous year I did notice the characters being more biased to other europeans.

The smoking issue wont stop me visiting again although I doubt I will at the weekends, it was manic. Also it was very expensive, again wouldnt stop me visiting - sign of the times.
msdisneytonian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread