Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Jan 19, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by meboo View Post
DS and I loved B’ham. For us it was the best of both worlds - a campus but right next to a city. The campus has its own train station so it’s one stop to the city or a canal walk (for the scenic route). We thought the campus was beautiful and you certainly did not feel you were in a city. The first year accommodation is a short walk away (on campus). These things are always ‘horses for courses’ and DS wanted somewhere with a decent sized city at hand - he definitely didn’t want campus but by this he really meant a campus that was out on its own
Thank you. I heard about the train from the uni into the city. Sounds ideal - far enough away from the city but easy links for getting to a concert, night out or shopping.

Edited at 01:03 AM.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 19, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Momofboys View Post
DS has chosen Bham, he wont be living in though so didnt look at accomodation.

He's doing English there and loved everything about the course.
My daughter is doing English and Creative Writng. It is apparently 3rd in a University Guide for Creative Writing.

Edited at 01:04 AM.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 19, 01:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
We’re going to a post application day at Birmingham tomorrow. H has an unconditional offer from them and it’s a good Physics department so it could be a contender for her insurance choice. I’m biased as I grew up in Birmingham so it’s a bit of a nostalgia trip as well!
Hope it goes well. Please let me know how it goes.
Old 23 Jan 19, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
DD got an offer for Medicine from Glasgow. So chuffed for her.

Looks like she is going to Glasgow whatever as her insurance choice is for there as well.
Fabulous news! Well done to her!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 19, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
elise
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 1972 View Post
My daughter is doing English and Creative Writng. It is apparently 3rd in a University Guide for Creative Writing.
My daughter started at Birmingham in September studying English and Creative Writing and is really enjoying it .She doesn’t feel isolated at all , her accommodation is across the road - about a 5 minute walk , she goes out in the city centre about twice a week . Her friends club together for an Uber and it’s only a couple of pounds .

Edited at 07:42 AM.
elise is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 19, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Looks like she is going to Glasgow whatever as her insurance choice is for there as well.
Brilliant news. Well done to her 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 19, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
nasty
Imagineer

Congratulations to her x

My son is still waiting to hear from Manchester, Leeds & Newcastle from his Medicine interviews 🤞🏻 Gosh it’s a long wait 😂
nasty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 19, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Maxymoo
Excited about Disney

That’s great news congratulations. Ds is still waiting to hear from glasgow.
Maxymoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 19, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by dubletrub View Post
Catherine House is her favourite which is one of the newer ones. Her interview is on the 6th so hoping she hears soon after that so she can apply
Hi, yes I think my son quite liked Catherine House as well

Hope your daughters interview goes well
Edie ray is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Brilliant news! Medicine is such a tough course to get onto, that’s a great achievement.
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List