Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Jul 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

I wouldn't. I would just put that money (which would pay for a 2 week stay for 2 people at one of the values on a last minute deal) towards your next trip and holiday somewhere in the UK / much cheaper this time. You could go to DLP but it can be expensive to stay on site if you can't get a deal.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
10minuteman
I have Ears

Why is this a question? Of course, you should go! Not every day you get such a chance.
10minuteman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Fimble
Proud to wear my Ears

If it's not something that will set you back having a longer holiday later on, and you can afford it you should absolutely go.

If I had the chance to go for a 5 day holiday in Orlando, I'd jump at the chance. Doing all the Disney parks and then going home would be fantastic. My only worry would be that feeling of when you wish you weren't leaving and could stay longer, it wouldn't be long enough to get over that.
Fimble is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Weve done 5 days three times now and enjoyed everyone. As long as you dont try to do everything you would in a longer trip it is great and feels more like a week.
If youre going again in July ask about while you are there about the upgrade to Annual Pass in case you get give a price that is less than the tickets for your summer trip and then you could make some savings that way.
Agee with all the other posters, we had done it for New York, we dont mind flying so thought why not for Florida.
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie 12
Excited about Disney

Mobile

If you dont suffer from jet lag then not to bad enjoy and live for today
minnie 12 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We have done a week before now and loved it, we packed only hand luggage, went through customs and immigration in Washington (caught a red eye - Washington was empty) and we were walking out of MCO at just before 2.30pm and had almost a full day on arrival.

If you go with one of the US carriers you get generous hand luggage and use the hotel toiletries, you can pack for 5 days very easily. and maximise your time from the moment you step off the plane

Trip Reports
Howling @ the Horror 2015 (Complete)
Who knew Toronto was on the Med (Complete)
Getting Our Kicks - Pre Trippie
Wobbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

As regards the comments about people going to New York, Las Vegas etc for a few days without batting an eyelid, I wouldn't do that either. If I'm flying all that way and having that time difference I'd want to spend 10 days minimum there.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post

No not for me. I would not do a three day NY trip either, not from the UK anyway, I did it when I was a two hour flight away. I am spending four nights in NY next year but that is tagged onto a longer trip.

I would do a European city break for three days but I cannot justify the travel time / cost to USA for such a short period, for us it involves a night in the airport hotel as well and it all adds up.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
cuttycrew
Earning More Ears

Had a very similar dilemma this September and we have chosen to do a 5 day stay at Sapphire Falls rather than a full week in Europe, do what makes you happy YOLO
2019 Sapphire Falls
2020 FrenchQuarter/Nov Disney All Star Res
cuttycrew is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

I too would save the money, we have done 7 nights before and didnt enjoy how rushed we felt. We need at least ten nights to make it worth while but thats just us, preferably 14 nights is better then we can go to the other parks too and still have time to just chill out. We had a lovely week at DLP some years back and September would be a good month to stay there since the kids there will all be back in school and the weather should be decent, crowd levels should be good and its less time travelling to and from so you feel as though your vacation is a little easier to manage.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List