Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Jan 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
suesmum
Apprentice Imagineer

suesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DPark Radio Disney Music - UK time

Disney Park radio plays Disney park music 24/7.

They have two channels, Park music and Background music.

It seems quite a few people in the UK have been in touch with them over a period to ask for their Night time Spectacular to be played at a time suitable for UK. At the moment it was early hours UK time.

I did ask them also, but not heard back, but apparently they have now agreed. This was posted on a Facebook page

" The Nighttime Spectacular will be available on select nights for the UK on the background channel at 8:40 your time. Happily Ever After will be on Saturdays, Epcot Illuminations on Sundays, Disney Illuminations from Paris will be on Mondays, Rivers of Light will be on Thursdays, and Fantasmic will be on Fridays."

They actually aired it for the first time last night as a tester and was wonderful! So tune into the Background Chanel on those select days/times. Various ways you can listen to it, they give the options on their website. I use Alexa or their website player. They have a great app also."
So just thought would spread the word as I know some of you listen to DPark Radio.
suesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 19, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Jax1970
Imagineer

Jax1970's Reviews
Mobile

This sounds great - how can I listen please?
Old 1 Feb 19, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
suesmum
Apprentice Imagineer

suesmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jax1970 View Post
This sounds great - how can I listen please?
Go to their website dparkradio and you will see top right a player. Just click on main music or background. Also look at the links across the page and there is one on how to listen, have various choices, through their app or using Alexa etc. Ive got hooked on the radio station.

Unfortunately there is no schedule to say what is playing when. But each of the radio players says what is playing now. Also their twitter account will often give what is about to play. A lot of the main music is from the actual attractions. Also they will give verbal only i.e. Haunted Mansion you will hear the whole attraction even though you can't see it.

Edited at 07:53 AM.
suesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 19, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Wonder
Imagineer

Mobile

Ah fab news! I often listen and when the adverts for the nighttime shows come on I lament the fact I'll be tucked up in bed when they are on so this is great!
Old 1 Feb 19, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
suesmum
Apprentice Imagineer

suesmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by Wonder View Post
Ah fab news! I often listen and when the adverts for the nighttime shows come on I lament the fact I'll be tucked up in bed when they are on so this is great!
Last night they played Rivers of Light from Animal Kingdom. You get the intro as well, so there was a few minutes of just nothing in particular, lol ... then it started. Oh it joggles the memory and you are transported back there.

I have had to set a reminder on my phone as to when they are all being played or I know I will miss them.

Fantasmic tonight
Old 9 Jan 20, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeyMouse967
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

does anyone know if there is a similar service for Universal?
\

2001 Days Inn Int 2002 Days Inn Lakeside
2003 Walt Disney Swan 2004 Howard Johnson Int
April 2005 Quality Inn Int Nov 2005 Quality Inn Int
2007 Calabay Parc Villa 2008 Orlando Star Villa Ap 2010 Howard Johnson Int
MickeyMouse967 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post

it stopped working on google home
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Mobile

It stopped working on alexa too 😪
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 01:53 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Love listening to D Park at home - works on alexa for me but only listen to the main channel. Phone app has the additional channels and enjoyed the Christmas one over the past few weeks, along with the 'Background' channel too

Warning - not suitable for listening if you have a yearning for a Disney countdown

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
Love listening to D Park at home - works on alexa for me but only listen to the main channel. Phone app has the additional channels and enjoyed the Christmas one over the past few weeks, along with the 'Background' channel too

Warning - not suitable for listening if you have a yearning for a Disney countdown
What do you say to Alexa to get It to work please xx
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List