wizzo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Arrow Pizza, Wings and Stranger Things 2019 Day 17

Day Seventeen – 27th August 2019

THE INDEX IS HERE

It was an early start this morning and a 6:30am alarm call. That’s not really that early for us as because of swimming, 5am is our usual start time at home. We were up early because today we were going to Discovery Cove so we had to get washed dressed and then ‘walk’ to the park using our feet. We were doing this because a) it’s not far from the hotel and b) we could indulge in the free beer all day.

It was a lovely morning and after a 10 minute walk we were in reception getting checked in and being issued with passes for the day bang on 8am.

At 8:01am Lynn informed me that she had forgotten the snorkelling masks. Apparently, she unpacked the beach bag after Aquatica because we didn’t need half of the stuff that was in it for today but had neglected to put the masks back in. It all got a bit techie at this point with me pointing out to Lynn that she had forgotten the park tickets the second day she was in charge of them and now the masks that permanently live in the beach bag on holiday. Her pathetic defence seemed to be “I’m not responsible for your stuff!”. A little hard to take that, as I’ve been responsible for everyone’s stuff for 15 years on every family holiday we’ve ever been on and have done a pretty decent job of it so far as party leader.

Anyway, like all couples we agreed to disagree and moved on (meaning – wives never apologise).

We found a spot on some loungers, staked our claim with a variety of towels, bags, clothing etc like you do and headed off to breakfast. As ever, breakfast was mediocre at best (lunch is the star here).

We returned to our loungers after breakfast to find a Welsh bloke having a meltdown because apparently someone had pinched their loungers and put their own stuff on them. Now bearing in mind, they were right next to us, so we were right in the thick of his breakdown.

The conversation between him and his wife went like this (do your own Welsh accent).

Husband “I’m telling you Glad, someone has nicked our chairs. I put all our towels out ages ago right here”
Wife “Are you sure these are the chairs”
Husband “Absolutely certain love”

He walks up and down the chairs picking up the towels, looking under them and then just chucking them back down fuming.

Husband “Jesus Christ Gladys, they’ve even nicked the bloody suntan lotion! ”
Wife “They can’t have love”
Husband “I put four bottles of suntan lotion on them too. All of them gone”
Wife “Who would do that?”
Husband “I don’t know but I’ll bloody kill them when I catch up with them I tell you now”
Wife “Calm down love”

Voice of small child in the distance (about 50m away) “Daaaaaad……are these our chairs here”
Husband “Oh yeah that’s them. Come on kids your mam has brought us to the wrong chairs”

I was biting my fist at this point. If that was you mate and you’re reading this…………. we’ve all been there.

I bet he got some stick off his wife that day. Showed up in front of most of Discovery Cove.

It cheered us up and then a flock of Flamingos walked past. Just as well they hadn’t walked past 2 minutes earlier, our Welsh friend might have throttled one!

We went for a swim around Discovery Cove’s version of a lazy river, the Wind-Away River. To cut a long story short, the fussy ones amongst us (Me and Lauren) couldn’t stand the Discovery Cove masks and after one lap I decided to go back to the hotel and get ours.

Now if we had brought the car this would have been easy but we hadn’t had we! However, there was an Uber in the car park so I got it to pick me up and for the princely sum of $6 I was soon back at the hotel.

Masks secured, I went on Uber again and waited only a couple of minutes for another Uber back.

I wasn’t gone long and it only stung me for $12 bucks. No harm done really Lynn.

Right, what follows are a series of photos and YouTube of our morning at Discovery Cove. I’m sure you’re all aware of what Discovery Cover has to offer by now. Water with and without fish and also either lovely and warm or freezing cold, the choice is yours.

Lunch was lovely as usual. Most of us had burgers as you can’t go wrong, along with fruit, carrot cake etc etc

Then we were back to the swimming and wildlife. You will notice that there wasn’t a dolphin swim this time. We’ve all done it and simply don’t feel the need to do it again.

We ended our day (as we always do) sat in the fresh water oasis drinking beer in the sun while the kids come and go. Absolute bliss.

We bumped into Jobelly again sat in here drinking beer it was like a mini Dibb Meet Up 😊

We sunbathed (drank) until they kicked us out at 17:45. It was a cracking day.

We Uber’d back to the hotel, ordered room service and settled down to yet more Stranger Things.

Within half an hour the grub was delivered and was utterly gorgeous, just like last year.

No prizes for guessing that this was the night we came up with the title ‘Pizza, Wings and Stranger Things’

We had a couple of drinks in the room and all turned in about 10:30pm with Season 2 of Stranger things complete.

Before I sign off, I promised the kids I would share with you their tally of free snacks in Discovery Cove Today:

Lauren – 8 cookies and a pretzel
Maddy – 12 cookies and 4 rice crispy bars

Great parenting there from me and Lynn!

Tomorrow – SeaWorld, Shopping and back to Miami to fly home.

2023 Trip Report - COMPLETE HERE

My old trip reports are all HERE

Edited at 04:21 PM.
wizzo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Fantastic day, I’ve never had a bad day at Discovery Cove 😊 what’s there not to like.
Old 25 Jan 20, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Great day
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Rob & Jan
Being a bit Goofy

As you say "a cracking day ".
Rob & Jan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Brilliant day

Joan
Old 25 Jan 20, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Another brilliant day
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Discovery Cove is awesome and it looks like you all made the most of your day there! Kudos to the girls on their cookie consumption i hope you managed to do the same with he beers! A great day
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Brilliant day! Poorless at the poor guy at the wrong sun loungers

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

I would really like to go to discovery cove, looks like a lovely way to spend a day!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Great day, its on my list of places to go next time so great reading along.
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List