Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 4 Jul 23, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
FYI, the cost of this has now increased. It is now $99 per 20 minute session. It is also available at all of the 4 theme parks, not just Magic Kingdom.

There is more information here:

disneyworld.eu/events-to...e-your-moment/

I would assume that the resolution of the photos is the same as those obtained from the regular Photopass photographers and downloaded via MemoryMaker. All you are doing is hiring a Photopass photographer for 20 minutes to take lots of photos in front of the castle (or wherever). The photos appear in the same place in the Disney app as all of the other Photopass photos.

It's not the same as the Fine Arts photography session which is available elsewhere around the resort and costs more. More info about that here:

disneyfineartphotography/index.php

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 23, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyxxSarah
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We did 2 of these sessions in magic kingdom in November. One was 20 mins and the second we paid to have a double slot.

Photos were great but sadly my 2 year old hated having her pic taken and wanted her dummy the whole time. The ohotographers were obsessed with getting her in a pic when we asked to just have hubby and I (we hired a babysitter to help during the sessions and look after my daughter). They also took lots of pics of the babysitter for some reason and we had explained the situation. But nevertheless we were happy with the price.
Old 4 Jul 23, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

I was thinking is this not just same as memory maker? Hope they not 'fading' this out to now make it chargable just like fast passes
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 23, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
I was thinking is this not just same as memory maker? Hope they not 'fading' this out to now make it chargable just like fast passes
Memory Maker simply gives you the ability to download any photos in your photopass account. You can also get photos printed off or made into posters or put onto mugs (or whatever) but that's separate to Memory Maker. Memory Maker already costs money, but it is currently a "free" perk included in the price of the UK tickets.

Whereas this Capture Your Moment service allows you to hire one of the photopass photographers in blocks of 20 minutes, rather than only having them available to you for 1 or 2 minutes whilst they rush to take half a dozen quick photos. You still need Memory Maker (either included with the UK tickets or purchased separately) if you want to download those photos; it doesn't actually include the photos themselves.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 23, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Jamie99
VIP Dibber

Does anyone know if you can still get a free ( as in, included with memory maker) photo shoot in the photo pass studio in the castle opposite bibidi bobidi boutique
Jamie99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 23, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyteacher
Looking for my Ears

Thanks for all your replies. I'm thinking it's probably not worth it if the photos are going to be the same resolution as standard memory maker pics.

If you download from memory maker is the resolution good enough to have larger prints done (not through Disney)?
Disneyteacher is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 23, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Oliver123
Imagineer

Oliver123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Jamie99 View Post
Does anyone know if you can still get a free ( as in, included with memory maker) photo shoot in the photo pass studio in the castle opposite bibidi bobidi boutique
I have never heard of this would be great if it continues!
Oliver123 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 23, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
It looks like it. It's still listed on the website

disneyworld.eu/shops/mag...om/sir-mickey/
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 23, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyismybff
Excited about Disney

Yes, there is no problem with the image resolution. They are shooting on relatively high end cameras and you get the full resolution image. You can print them giant without problem assuming it's a shot you like in the first place!

Honestly I think this is more to discourage unofficial professional photographers - remember American guests are still paying for photos separately from tickets. But there are local pros who are great who charge hundreds to shoot on property and it makes sense for Disney to just offer that service themselves since the market is there. By bringing it down to a 20 minute session rather than a couple hours, they also get you back to moving around the park doing things like shopping and eating rather than spending 2-3 hours just taking pictures with someone who has an annual pass.

I am still very curious if they are cherry picking their best photo pass photographers for this job or if it is random, because the talent and skill is somewhat inconsistent!
mickeyismybff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 23, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneyteacher
Looking for my Ears

Thanks that's good to know the resolution is decent.
Disneyteacher is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List