Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Jun 05, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Paultons

Has anybody been to this park, I want to know if it accessible from Southampton by public transport?

Joanne
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 05, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Yes we went last summer. It's great fun.

Not sure about using public transport as we went by car while we were staying in the area.
Old 27 Jun 05, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
bambi2
I have Ears

It's ideal for small children, but teenagers are likely to be a bit bored.

I'm pretty sure there are buses that run there from Southampton - have a look on their website under Information - How to Find Us.
bambi2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 05, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post

I did look but couldn't get into the How to Find Us section, my daughter is 5 and not adventurous, so it wll be suitable for her I think
Old 27 Jun 05, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Good for smaller children. Sorry no idea about public transport.

Jane
Old 28 Jun 05, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Astrid
Imagineer

Astrid's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Paultons Park is only a couple of miles from my home!

There is a bus stop outside the park but I'm not sure how frequently the busses run. You can catch the train from Southampton central or Southampton Parkway (the airport train station) to Totton and then you could get a taxi, I wouldn't have thought the fare would be much, it's only about 3 miles from the station.

I can find out the bus times if you'd like.

I used to be a season ticket holder for the park and my two loved it but at 9 and 12 now it wasn't worthwhile renewing a couple of years back.

Pete's daughter who is 16 went with her friend a few weeks back and they absolutely loved it. The Park is trying to attract older children I think and there are bigger rides than there used to be.

Don't hesitate to pm me if you'd like anymore info.

HTH

Astrid

October '89 - Quality Inn; March '99 & March '01 - Comfort Inn LBV; March '02 - ASMu; May '03 - Royal Plaza, Hard Rock & Polynesian;
December '03 - Grand Marriot, Hard Rock & Dolphin; May '04 - Dolphin & WDW Yacht Club
October '05 - Hard Rock & Villa; May/June '07 - Villa & RPH; Feb '09 - Villa; Oct/Nov '13 - Villa
April '18 - Hard Rock; Sept ‘19 - Villa
Astrid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 05, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post

That is great Astrid, I am not going until October, a few days in Southampton, I was just trying to work out if I need to get a hire car or if I can manage without. I want to visit the scrapbooking and craft shops in the area too, but a friend may come down to southampton for the day to show me those.
Old 28 Jun 05, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Astrid
Imagineer

Astrid's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Glad I could help Joanne - If you'd like to meet up when you're in the Southampton area (I'm in WDW in October for 2 weeks!) let me know!

October '89 - Quality Inn; March '99 & March '01 - Comfort Inn LBV; March '02 - ASMu; May '03 - Royal Plaza, Hard Rock & Polynesian;
December '03 - Grand Marriot, Hard Rock & Dolphin; May '04 - Dolphin & WDW Yacht Club
October '05 - Hard Rock & Villa; May/June '07 - Villa & RPH; Feb '09 - Villa; Oct/Nov '13 - Villa
April '18 - Hard Rock; Sept ‘19 - Villa
Astrid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 05, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks Astrid, I will contact you closer to the time when I am sorted out with what we are doing, we are there right at the end of October
Old 29 Jun 05, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post

we went last year, i think its very good for smaller kids, not so for bigger imo
Closed Thread