Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Jul 05, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
NuttyBird
Imagineer

We did last min holiday to Corfu back in 1995 before we had kids! (that makes me feel old!) We paid £99 each for self-catering. Had late night flights, ended up with a bed, shower, loo and a two ring hob! But we had each other! (get your sick bowls)

We did have a good time, Sleeping & Eating and the weather was good!
Old 12 Jul 05, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post

We did a last minute booking over 10 years ago with company i was with, a reward for our hard work

It was allocated on arrival and we dreaded it, we kept stopping at these pockey hotels and we expected to end up in the butt end of hell... we arrived at our hotel, a brand new hotel all completed and just taking people in... FANTASTIC. hardly full so lots of space around the pool, easy to get served and really nice location..Downside the lift kept getting stuck so you took a gamble and one person got stuck in it for 30mins...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 05, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post

You can save. The more flexible you are (destination, Accommodation, departure airport, short notice) the more choice and more money you will save.
If it's cheap enough and your digs are really bad just find another hotel, appartment. You can get good quality hotels all over Europe for £30 per room per night. If the resort is really too bad, Hire a car (£9 a day in Portugal-£14 a day in Spain/Greece)
You will often strike it lucky and there will be no changing required.

Ken
Old 13 Jul 05, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post

We booked a last min through my travel 4 years ago and found a wonderful hotel don pedro in majorca we have been back every year since and always book it last min only had one bad one to malta prices arnt as good in august but just keep trying and watch they can change by the hour may and september are best for the lates
Old 13 Jul 05, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Our next holiday (this Saturday) was booked last week by my DH - am not sure that I'm happy leaving it that late to book (because we have children) My DH wanted to leave it thinking we'd get a really cheap deal but we never got any cheaper than we would have by booking earlier! Just less choice in where to go!
I guess its an individual thing - since having kids I prefer to be a bit more organised while DH is happy just to go with the flow and see what its like.
2 years ago we booked 6 weeks before we went and it turned out OK..perhaps not what I'd have picked had I more time to research it but not unbearable either

good luck

mnis
Old 13 Jul 05, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread