Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Jul 05, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post

:) Guess what I've won today!

I've just received a letter in the post this morning informing me that I have won two return flights to New York with Continental Airlines from Bristol Airport.! The competition was run in conjunction with Bristol Airport and entry to the draw was made when you signed up on-line to a Bristol Airport newsletter! Which I did a short while ago - and now I've won - and so excited I wanted to share the news. I do need to pay for taxes (£129 as I've just checked their website), transfers and accommodation, but from looking at their website the flights are worth just over £1500! I've never been to New York so would be really grateful for any advice, at the moment the trip will hopefully take place during the October half term so that Nanny can look after the children and will probably only be for two maybe three nights, as I wouldn't like to leave them for any longer. Any suggestions as to the best area to stay, moderately priced hotels and 'must see's' during such a short stay would be much appreciated.

I'm soooooo excited
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 05, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post

There are a HUGE array of hotel choices in NYC! I'd suggest deciding on what area you want to stay in and then looking at hotel reviews on the Trip Advisor website. For that short length of time, i'd probably suggest around the Times Sq area so you are pretty much central to stuff and have a good location for the subway.

I'd highly recommend the Graylines hop on/hop off bus tour, you can buy an all loops ticket which costs $50 and includes unlimited 48 hours usage, they have a downtown loop, uptown loop and brooklyn tour, which i really enjoyed. Or you can buy one loop only for around $37, if i had to chose one, i'd say do the downtown one, as it includes SoHo, Chinatown, Little Italy, the Financial district. Also, you can take the free Staten Island ferry to view the Statue of Liberty. You can't get off, but i've heard there isn't too much to see there anyway! Definately do the Empire State Building, and visit Grand Central Station for a look around. Shopping on fifth ave is fun, check out Tiffanys, Bloomingdales and all the designer label stores in and around this area. Most of all, have a fab time, congrats on the win!
Old 13 Jul 05, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
ann&les
Imagineer

Well done!
ann&les is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 05, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
flikflak
Imagineer

Oh how exciting - always good to hear of people are winning these things. I go through that airport about once a month - I will have to see if there are any other competitions running!

There have been quite a few NY threads over the last few week do a search and have a look. NY is great you will have a great time!
flikflak is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 05, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
NuttyBird
Imagineer

Well done

I'd love to go to NY!
Old 13 Jul 05, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post

Well Done

We are going back for 10 days in the October half term as a family. You will have a fab time, it's a great place.

Jools
Old 13 Jul 05, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post

Fantastic, New York is a fab place.
Old 13 Jul 05, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post

Re: Guess what I've won today!

Originally posted by jobowden
I've just received a letter in the post this morning informing me that I have won two return flights to New York with Continental Airlines from Bristol Airport.! The competition was run in conjunction with Bristol Airport and entry to the draw was made when you signed up on-line to a Bristol Airport newsletter! Which I did a short while ago - and now I've won - and so excited I wanted to share the news. I do need to pay for taxes (£129 as I've just checked their website), transfers and accommodation, but from looking at their website the flights are worth just over £1500! I've never been to New York so would be really grateful for any advice, at the moment the trip will hopefully take place during the October half term so that Nanny can look after the children and will probably only be for two maybe three nights, as I wouldn't like to leave them for any longer. Any suggestions as to the best area to stay, moderately priced hotels and 'must see's' during such a short stay would be much appreciated.

I'm soooooo excited

Hi there,

First let me congradulate you on winning that fabolous prize. I myself have never been to New York, but will be travelling there after Orlando, St Pete's Beach in October - as you can see from my ticker...

I am booking a tour where you have an option or 2 hours or 4 hours. The 4 hour tour is updown, downtown & central. Not only do you get to see all the sites including bridges etc, the guide is a qualified photographer and will therefore take over 120 photo's of your group in front of these wonderful sites. I thought it was a great way to getting nice photo's of myself and my boyfriend without the hassle of asking people to take photo's of us, plus my bf is not too happy giving our camera to a complete stranger.
Old 13 Jul 05, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post

ooops, let me get that link to there website for you
Old 13 Jul 05, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Its called Photo Trek Tours and the link is phototrektours/itineraries.html

Also has anyone here actually done this tour.
Closed Thread