Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Jul 05, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Question 1st attempt at 3 centre hols in 2006 - doable or not?

I'm planning on taking a trip over to the USA next autumn, at the moment i'm looking at Las Vegas, San Francisco and Hawaii [Honolulu] as potential locations. I'm planning on booking the flights and hotels seperately as it gives me more freedom of choice, i've looked on Expedia using this years dates as a price guide, and looks like i can get all flights, including internal for around £750-£800 depending on how much the prices increase for next year. At the moment i'm looking at the following as a possible itinery:

San Francisco - 4 nights
Las Vegas - 4 nights
Honolulu - 5 nights
San Fran - 1 night

The reason i am including San Fran for 1 night at the end of the trip is because i don't fancy a 30 hour flight back from Honolulu, which is what it would have worked out as with all the connections!

I appreciate any advice or comments, and whether you think this is a doable trip! Cheers!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 05, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
keith&carol
Imagineer

keith&carol's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Sounds good to me. 4 days in San Francisco and 4 in Las Vegas would allow you to see the main sights. Can't comment on Honolulu as we've never been there. 1 night in LA would certainly help to break the journey a bit but by the time you've cleared arrivals you will only get a few hours before checking in again so that sounds pretty tiring. Would it be possible to tack another couple of days on there so you could visit Mickey or Rodeo Drive etc?
Carol
keith&carol is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 05, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Unfortunately i won't be able to add on any more days, as the rest of my holiday allowance for 2006 is allocated to going to my friend's wedding in Dominican Republic in June! I also kinda want to save LA until i pass my test and can drive over in the USA, as i hear LA isn't very non driver friendly! *lol*
Old 16 Jul 05, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally posted by ukdiva
I also kinda want to save LA until i pass my test and can drive over in the USA, as i hear LA isn't very non driver friendly! *lol*
Well we did a grand tour in '99 - 3 days Orlando, 2 LA, 2 Vegas and 3 SF with some odd night stopovers to break up the travelling and we didn't have a car.
We travelled LA on the bus system and found it very good. But when the limo lady took us back to SF airport she was shocked we had done that and surprised we were still alive

Wise to break up the flight home we flew SF to JFK then JFK to MAN - it was a whole days travelling and it killed us for the next week!
Old 16 Jul 05, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post

How about going first to LV for 4 nights, then onto Honolulu for 6 nights and SF for 4 nights on the way back, saves having the odd night hanging around?
Claire
Old 16 Jul 05, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Claire - Good idea! I'm going to check that way around on Expedia and see what the prices are for this year. Thank you!
Old 16 Jul 05, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally posted by ukdiva
Claire - Good idea! I'm going to check that way around on Expedia and see what the prices are for this year. Thank you!
Should be cheaper as you are only having 4 flights now instead of 5.

Claire
Old 16 Jul 05, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread