Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 18 May 15, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post

How long do you leave it to book flights?

Have booked CBR for 25th May next year direct through Disney. I am watiing for flights to come out - how long does everyone leave it to book flights?

I am thinking maybe leave it til Mar/Apr? But a colleague is really horrified I would leave it this long

So just wondering what everyone else does?

I am thinking for 2017 maybe wait til the last min and book it all then? I see flights for the 3 of us for £850 (total) - this is for the same 2 weeks this year...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 15, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post

It depends who you book with, but we can't book our flights until 11months before hand so have to wait till September...I think the earlier you book the cheaper too!
Old 18 May 15, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
cat
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Too long if you're not careful!
I've got a booking for the end of this July and no flights yet!
cat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 15, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Figment089
VIP Dibber

I'm also waiting to book for may next year, we will be in a position to book by early august. Will price up all options and decide, would be tempted to hold out for the best price but also keen to get booked. Hoping we can get a good price with VA using miles + money but if not we will go indirect x

POFQ - Nov 2013
POFQ - May 2016
POR / RPR - Oct 2017
ASMu - Aug 2022
POFQ - Aug 2023
ASMu / AKV - Nov 2024
New DVC owner at AKV
Figment089 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 15, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 4
For May you may be ok to wait longer, being flexible with your dates would also help to get the best price. For school holidays you should book as soon as you see a price which you are happy to pay. I have been monitoring the flight costs for next August from 2015 flights since last Dec. At least then I know roughly what is a good price.
Old 18 May 15, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyHoneymoon
Very Serious Dibber

DisneyHoneymoon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I am holding out for flights for April next year. I would like to think I can hold on for a bargain, but I am probably going to cave in and buy soon. I get too stressed over these things.
I wish I could hold on until a couple of months before, because I have seen a lot of dibbers getting some bargains that way, but I'm not brave enough lol
October 2019 --- All Stars solo trip | April 2019 --- Disney's Old Key West | 2017 --- Disney's Port Orleans Riverside | 2016 --- Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort | 2015 --- Disney's Old Key West | 2002 --- Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort | 1998 --- Disney's (former) Dixie Landings
DisneyHoneymoon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 15, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We usually book when the flights come out. We booked at the beginning of March for.September,booked PE return without checking availability and no window seats left. So book as soon as it's available and NEVER look at the prices after
Old 18 May 15, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Imagineer

We're also going in May next year and I've already booked my flights through Thomson as their prices were pretty good when they were released in April. Our dates are fixed but even if they weren't I don't think I could leave it until a month or two before travel before booking - I'd be thinking about it constantly until it was all sorted!
HFJohnson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 15, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We go 15 May next year and booked a flydrive last week because we a flying over the May school holidays. Also for peace of mind, I couldn't hold on for that long, also because we have booked so far ahead it means we have been able to wiggle dates around and move Disney stay and villa stay and added a 3 day stay at the end of the holiday on the gulf coast. I am a planner and a worrier so for my sanity a few hundred quid seems a bargain 😜
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 15, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We're going on 22/08/16 so flights won't be out till end of September for our return leg, so I will look to book either then or at xmas as they were really reasonably priced just after xmas so I'm hoping for similar this year!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread