Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Sep 20, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by spinone lover View Post
I’ve got Xmas,Easter and summer booked all with BA.
This is the plan here too,we have December and April booked, just waiting for dates for August into September.
nadya is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
disneymummy
VIP Dibber

disneymummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Well done. I’m stalking flight prices for next August. I like flying indirect and have use aer lingus the last few times.

Please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

I Drive 1990, 1992, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2004
POFQ 2007, 2012, 2015 & 2020
Old Key West 2014.
Yacht Club August 2017 & 2022
Walt Disney Dolphin 2024

New York 2000, Las Vegas 2003
disneymummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Just booked BA holiday for late July. Heathrow to New Orleans with 3 nights Homewood Suites French Quarter. I’m then using a credit we have with Southwest to fly to Vegas. Pick up BA class F car for 12 nights in Vegas. Fly back from Lax where I drop car off. £3820 for 4 which includes flights, car incl insurance and New Orleans hotel which I looked at and was over $200 plus tax a night if booking separately.
£450 deposit balance payable 3 weeks before, book with confidence can cancel and get a voucher to April 2022.
Great price for school holidays as that’s about £1200 of hotels and car hire in that price. So we are in reality flying into New Orleans and out of LA for about £650 each in school holidays. I got similar prices for Miami at Easter. These are a good £1000 for the family less than I usually pay in school holidays.
BA are making it very easy and leaving Virgin in the dust at the moment regarding what the client wants.

Edited at 08:52 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Just booked BA holiday for late July. Heathrow to New Orleans with 3 nights Homewood Suites French Quarter. I’m then using a credit we have with Southwest to fly to Vegas. Pick up BA class F car for 12 nights in Vegas. Fly back from Lax where I drop car off. £3820 for 4 which includes flights, car incl insurance and New Orleans hotel which I looked at and was over $200 plus tax a night if booking separately.
£450 deposit balance payable 3 weeks before, book with confidence can cancel and get a voucher to April 2022.
Great price for school holidays as that’s about £1200 of hotels and car hire in that price. So we are in reality flying into New Orleans and out of LA for about £650 each in school holidays. I got similar prices for Miami at Easter. These are a good £1000 for the family less than I usually pay in school holidays.
BA are making it very easy and leaving Virgin in the dust at the moment regarding what the client wants.
I see you mention homewood suites there ...don’t suppose you have stayed on the one on I drive have you ?...very good price for all that but to be fair with virgin I booked direct from man to mco for £595 each for beginning of school hols a couple of days ago which I thing is a pretty good price
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Manc1979 View Post
I see you mention homewood suites there ...don’t suppose you have stayed on the one on I drive have you ?...very good price for all that but to be fair with virgin I booked direct from man to mco for £595 each for beginning of school hols a couple of days ago which I thing is a pretty good price
I haven’t stayed in one before, but for £100 a night with free breakfast and drinks reception and it gets good reviews I was not passing up that deal with BA in New Orleans. It’s $225 Hilton Honors rate and I’m only there 3 nights so 2 busy days. I think they will be pretty good.
That’s a good price with Virgin too from Man.
I’d looked at Virgin from Man to LAX and it was same price with no car or hotel so £1000 more.

Edited at 01:34 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 20, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
So we are in reality flying into New Orleans and out of LA for about £650 each in school holidays. I got similar prices for Miami at Easter. These are a good £1000 for the family less than I usually pay in school holidays.
Thanks for posting.
I didn't realise the BA sale fares are so low. Especially with part Avios payment.
I can book Miami direct non-stop from Heathrow for May for under £300 return.
BA cancellation/refund/voucher policy is the best available I think.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 20, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by spinone lover View Post
I’ve got Xmas,Easter and summer booked all with BA.
Snap! We’ve also got Xmas, Easter and August booked with BA.
Old 13 Sep 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
tootsie rolls
Imagineer

tootsie rolls's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Booked the end of April with BA , to be honest I'm starting to feel less hopeful,I'm normally do excited and love the planning ,just can't get excited about it ,I hope things improve drastically.
Linfields April 1999,Westridge April 2002,Indian ridge April 2005,Hampton lakes June 2008,Westridge June 2010,Sunset lakes sept 2012,Rosen inn point Nov 2014,Residence inn may 2016,Hampton lakes may 2018
tootsie rolls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Jay_
Getting to know the DIBB

Ba in June '21 for us. Tampa was slightly cheaper than MCO so we bit the bullet and picked that one. Plus, Tampa seems to get favourable mentions
Jay_ is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jay_ View Post
Ba in June '21 for us. Tampa was slightly cheaper than MCO so we bit the bullet and picked that one. Plus, Tampa seems to get favourable mentions
Tampa is possibly the best airport I’ve ever used. Very good.