Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Sep 20, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
On the subject of cigarettes I personally never smoked abut about the age of 7 I world buy them for Parents 10 or 20 Benson and hedges or embassy same as going in to a pub never drank only cola or orange but was allowed in the main bar not the snug of smoke room as it was called one time went in the bar to buy dad a bottle of beer the bar maid Shouted you not allowed in here and the landload said yes he is he buying for his dad 😆 after that no problems the landload had two dogs so if needed I say I walk them for you so never had any problems when he left and the new one came in my dad came home from the pub and said the new landload got a dog I told him you used to walk mick (old landlord ) dogs the new one said oh will he walk mine and dad said yes of course so he allowed me to do what mick was did.
cartoonp is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Why do I keep thinking of Monty Python reading this? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

If I added it all up I probably could have bought a 4 Bed Detached House
MOUSEMARSH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MOUSEMARSH View Post
For your further delectation

montypython/scripts/4york.php

Mick
Old 20 Sep 20, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

I must add to the cigarettes thread. I always went to the shop to buy my dad half ounce of golden virginnia and a pack of rizzlers, shop keeper never battered an eye lid at it, probably because if anythjng happened they knew where i lived haha. Did this since i was about 8 and it never once crossed my mind to smoke it or even tempt me to, never had urge to as i think it is vile (sorry to all you smokers but smell makes me physically ill).When i was 11 my dad stopped smoking due to my diagnosis of severe asthma.

Edited at 02:24 PM.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
fudgie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
Were I live we always needed two wages. No holidays, new clothes, going out - no car either. I don’t think we had it easier but maybe you did.

Edit: it’s easy to scoff as in above posts (I know they are a joke) but I do get annoyed when it’s implied we all had it easy.
I think we both grew up in the same city where property prices have always been high

I did have a car but had to sell it to pay for newly privatised BT to come and install a phone line in our flat. Good job we lived near the bus stop!
fudgie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Originally Posted by MOUSEMARSH View Post
Perhaps because I mentioned it at 9am ? 😂😂😂
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
For your further delectation

montypython/scripts/4york.php

Mick
You lot not read earlier posts . 😂😂😂
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Trusty ian View Post
You lot not read earlier posts . 😂😂😂
Sorry I missed that. Careless of me
Old 20 Sep 20, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Trusty ian View Post
Perhaps because I mentioned it at 9am ? 😂😂😂
I've been dipping in and out of this all day and dont know how be can honestly say I hadn't seen your post!😊😊😊😊

If I added it all up I probably could have bought a 4 Bed Detached House
MOUSEMARSH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 06:10 AM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Gosh this brings back memories. My dad used to try to bribe me to get his fags by offering extra for crisps for myself but even at the age of 8 I refused to go and buy his cigarettes for him. I did used to take nan's jug to the outdoor (remember those?) when we visited her to get her pint of Guinness for her and carry it very carefully back. I think I got pork scratchings for doing that task
The rag and bone man with his horse and cart and we would all nag mom for something to give him - just so we could pet his horse, really.
My parents didn't have much money then but we were the first in our street to have a colour TV all the kids wanted to be my friend and come and watch Blue Peter (Was that the first UK children's programme in colour?). The TV had a box in the back that mom put shillings in and when the man came to empty it he would give her some of the money back - it was set that way so that it was a savings pot as well as a TV
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List