Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Sep 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Brewers
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mick View Post
On the home page select Flights then Multi City instead of just Flights. Make sure you select LHR and LGW though not just all London. Flights from LGW though may consolidate into LHR in due course

Mick
Thanks, as ever, for your help, Mick
Brewers is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Brewers View Post
Thanks, as ever, for your help, Mick
Don't forget that back in April in that (intentionally ) leaked internal memo to the staff from the CEO he suggested that BA may (will?) consolidate their hub into LHR.

I've seen no formal confirmation of this yet but a few Dibbers have had LGW cancelled in the near future - for operational rather than Covid reasons. We've had our Nov flights changed from LGW to LHR (if they go ) but our April flights are still showing LGW - TPA.

Mick
Old 21 Sep 20, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
lmartin
Serious Dibber

BA moved MCO flights restarting in early October from South terminal to North terminal at Gatwick today so they must be staying at Gatwick, and preparing for resumption.
lmartin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by magickate View Post
We're West Midlands and kids start back on the 6th. That's a great price
Yep my DS is usually back on 7th or 8th but just waiting for confirmation from the school because knowing our luck we will book then they will change it this year and go back the week before

My only other "reason" that is stopping me booking is the London Flights. I have priced up the cost of Parking, a hotel the night before the flight and a coach transfer between Gatwick & Heathrow (if we use Bozzas tip of parking at heathrow so the car is in the right place for the return!) and depending if we stay in a hotel at the airport or just off airport the total cost is coming in between £225 & £375 extra meaning the price pushes up in total to probably somewhere between £2400/£2500 and I am wondering if we could pick something up in that price point from Manchester if I wait!

I checked and in 2018 we did Leeds/Bradford > Heathrow > Miami return with car (3 weeks) simian time of year and it was just under £2700. I would pay that again for the convenience of Leeds/Bradford only being 20mins from home BUT BA have pulled our of LBA at present, I doubt they will be back there for a good few years which puts us at Manchester... still preferable than the travel to London but I think the options out of Manchester now are so limited that the price point is pushed up so it might have to be London.

So difficult trying to guess at the best of times... let alone in the current cover times
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
BA moved MCO flights restarting in early October from South terminal to North terminal at Gatwick today so they must be staying at Gatwick, and preparing for resumption.

BA had to move any proposed future scheduled operations to the North Terminal at Gatwick in June 2020 when the company who operates the airport announced the ST closure. The Orlando flights were included in this move along with St Lucia, Antigua etc when (or if) individual route approval is or has been confirmed. BA haven't just moved the Orlando flights today they have just sent out reminder emails to advise of a change of terminal should the flights operate.

The South Terminal is not expected to reopen until mid 2021.

Edited at 10:50 PM.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Our BA flight is currently showing as leaving from the south terminal for the end of July. I’m not bothered which terminal as long as it’s one of them! 🤞🏼

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Lalilu
slightly serious Dibber

Just booked with BA flydrive 4 adults and 1 young adult (16)
26/08- 11/09 gatwick-tampa return £2097
Was slightly cheaper but chose a group W avis car 🥳🥳

Edited at 09:15 AM.
Lalilu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by OLS View Post
For those that can go back a little later in to september...

I'm ready to book but just waiting for confirmation of my DS's back to school date which is due to come out this week so will probably be gone by then but :

Out 16th Aug Gatwick > Tampa
Return 6th Sept Orlando > Heathrow
2A, 1 Teen, 1 Child : £1595(BA) flight only or if you book it as a Fly Drive it's £2135 with a standard SUV
Even cheaper this morning - £1929 for 2A, 1 teen & 1 Child with Ford Edge or similar or £1721 if you have 2A & 2 Children!
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
lozkin
Getting Excited

I booked through Netflights for a BA flight this year (August 19-Sep 5) but obviously due to Covid we didn't go and I have a voucher that I need to rebook the same dates in 2021 - the problem is the flights are really expensive through Netflights, and I can see cheaper BA flights through SkyScanner and direct... will I just have to bit the bullet and book the more expensive flights or shall I hold on and wait for a drop?
lozkin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
baldybouncer
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by lozkin View Post
I booked through Netflights for a BA flight this year (August 19-Sep 5) but obviously due to Covid we didn't go and I have a voucher that I need to rebook the same dates in 2021 - the problem is the flights are really expensive through Netflights, and I can see cheaper BA flights through SkyScanner and direct... will I just have to bit the bullet and book the more expensive flights or shall I hold on and wait for a drop?
Can you not get the vouchers as cash? It seams a bit unfair