Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 27 Jul 20, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post

Park reservations for off-site guests?

This year's holiday (we were due to leave in two day's time ) is cancelled, so we are very keen to re-schedule our trip for August 2021. Hopefully by then the need to make park reservations at the Disney parks will have ended, but in the meantime I'm trying to understand how I make park reservations, so would appreciate any help.

We will be staying off-site and have the usual 14-day tickets. Before the lockdowns started we registered our tickets on the MDE app, so we're 'in the system' as it were. Are off-site guests able to make park reservations now, or do we have to wait until closer to our holiday?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
You can do them now. You just need the tickets on MDE.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
JoanicSicos
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by robrar View Post
This year's holiday (we were due to leave in two day's time ) is cancelled, so we are very keen to re-schedule our trip for August 2021. Hopefully by then the need to make park reservations at the Disney parks will have ended, but in the meantime I'm trying to understand how I make park reservations, so would appreciate any help.

We will be staying off-site and have the usual 14-day tickets. Before the lockdowns started we registered our tickets on the MDE app, so we're 'in the system' as it were. Are off-site guests able to make park reservations now, or do we have to wait until closer to our holiday?
As far as I'm aware, as long as you have the tickets in hand, and have registered them on MDE, you should be able to make reservations all the way up to Sept 21.

Good luck!
JoanicSicos is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
curlysue2
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

If you have registered your park tickets you can book now , so I would get booking if I was you.
Reservations are open until September 2021
curlysue2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

does a reservation guarantee you will get in ?

seems insane to have to choose what you want to do each day over a year in advance
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieBoot
Very Serious Dibber

I’ve booked our days for next Jul 🤞
Not too bad if you have an idea how many days you want at each park - In the absence of all the usual considerations including crowd level projections etc I think it’s simplified the initial planning for me and I can work any meal reservations around then as and when.
PixieBoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Once booked, is it possible to change your reservations? Also, is there a 'no-show' penalty of any kind if plans change at short notice and you're not able to cancel your reservation?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 20, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
eddiethorne
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Once booked, is it possible to change your reservations? Also, is there a 'no-show' penalty of any kind if plans change at short notice and you're not able to cancel your reservation?
Once booked you can cancel and rebook another park. I think I saw some where if you have 3 no shows your tickets get blocked for so many days. We have booked a park for each day we are in Florida next july, my plan is to see closer to the time if the water parks need booking and universal then we can cancel them but at the moment we have somewhere to go each day.
eddiethorne is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 20, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
PixieBoot
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Yes you can change them around as long as there’s still availability for the day you want. Haven’t come across anything about fees, very much doubt it.

Oct 2003 couples hol Kissimmee > WDW, Universal, Seaworld, Busch, Daytona

Jul 2015 Family of 5 Kissimmee/RPR Club > Universal, Wet n Wild, Kennedy SC, WDW

Aug 2018 Family if 5 AMI/RPR Club/Kissimmee > Universal, VBay, WDW

Hopeful for Jul 2021 > RPR Club/Y Club
PixieBoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 20, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
does a reservation guarantee you will get in ?
It doesn't provide an absolute guarantee, no. For example, if there's a hurricane on the way and Disney has to close the parks then your park reservation will not let you into the closed park. Similarly, if the CMs scan your forehead and find you have a fever your park reservation will not let you into the park.

However, under the current system, without a park reservation you will not be able to enter the park. Even if you have valid tickets for that day.

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
seems insane to have to choose what you want to do each day over a year in advance
You are right, it does.

However, I would point out that it seems you don't have to book the park reservations over a year in advance. Right now there are still park reservations available for every park today or tomorrow. So you could book any park you want just the night beforehand based on the current availability.

Of course, the closer you leave it to the day you want to visit, the greater the chance that the park reservations might have run out for that day. But that chance of missing out is still very small (based on current observations).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List