Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Jul 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
jstephens
Serious Dibber

December 2020 would you keep the booking or cancel?

In March we changed a 3 week trip from this July to December 5th.

I had the refund back from BA and currently have Disney fully paid (4k). Attraction Tickets Direct fully paid (2k) and have the rest in bank sitting on it.
Flights and Villa due to be paid October/November time (6K) and as many others really not sure now.
What would you do? It's not looking good is it over there I'm thinking would I lose my Disney money and ATD money or should I just hold out till October and then make the final call
jstephens is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

I’ve had flights for August, October and November booked. All ive cancelled now, as I just can’t see it being safe or worth it this year. Everyone will have their own opinions on how it will be at different points over the next year, but the fact is no one actually knows. Only you can decide for yourself.
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 20, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Personally I’d cancel. It’s apparent. No vaccine. No COVID control.
Old 30 Jul 20, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks
Imagineer

Tinks's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We’ve just cancelled out December trip :-(

DL California - 2018
WDW - 2017, 2016, 2015/2014, 2013/2012, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007
DLP - 2005, 2015 , 2018
Tinks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 20, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

We are just debating this as we speak. My head says cancel.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 20, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Mobile

We are still hanging on for December 5th,cancelled August obviously ,but I say this having very little deposit paid and also able to move with BA easily if needed.Disney would refund all but £50pp for you, not sure about ATD.Personally I would hold out until October as long as you lose nothing by doing so.
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 20, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Sorry, but I would cancel. Too risky, Florida is covid rife at the moment and I would not subject my family to that. But you must do as you see fit.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 04:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

I have Vegas booked in November. I dont want to pay VH the balance. I’ll try and get the deposit moved to next year if I can. I’d be scared of getting stuck out there with all the quarantine changes happening. Plus USA is rife with it too. Its all just depressing now
Old 31 Jul 20, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
jstephens
Serious Dibber

I think I change my mind twice a day at the moment! Thinking of waiting till October to see where we are at then. Also in my mind I'm thinking about all the Disney reservation bookings we went through.
Its very depressing when you keep going over it
Our tied up money is with disney and ATD so kind of feeling that's quite safe?
jstephens is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I'm still hanging on to mine for December 8th,lost Orlando in May, Crete in June and Menorca, so now December is all we have left, it's all paid for so will just wait and see, hate the thought of going through the refund route yet again. 🤷
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List