Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 12 May 15, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Anyone's DP dislike Florida?

I adore Florida and have taken DD to Orlando on three occasions now. DD also loves these holidays.

I got together with my new DP over a year ago and she has no interest in going to Florida at all. In all honesty I know she'd dislike it and if she did come along, I can't imagine she'd have a good time.

I'm quite upset to be honest. I can go with friends, but I feel gutted that DP isn't interested.

Does anyone else have this problem? How can I get a grip and get over it?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 15, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Why is it that your DP is not interested in going? I really thought my DH would hate it - but we have just booked trip number 3
Old 12 May 15, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Jim
Very Serious Dibber

Not like Florida? I would seriously consider trading her in
Big Jim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 15, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
JSP
Imagineer

Is it Florida she's not keen on or Disney/parks?
There's lots of other things to do in Florida
Old 12 May 15, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

My DH hates theme parks but still enjoys going to Florida twice a year! He is happy to do his own thing every other day while DDs and I go to the parks. He plays golf, cycles, shops without the kids in tow and sometime just enjoys sitting by the pool. He does enjoy the smaller attractions like Gatorland, water parks, trips to the beach and loves being able to go out to very good but family friendly restaurants most nights. Is it everything you don't think she would enjoy or just the theme parks?
Old 12 May 15, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
rscxox
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Mobile

My mum took me and my siblings to Florida herself all the time because my dad just didn't like it!
POR, Cabana Bay & OKW - Aug/Sep 2017, Cabana Bay - January 2018, All-Star Sports - September 2018, POFQ & HRH Nov/Dec 2018, Yacht Club, Sapphire Falls, Miami and New York September 2019, Pop & AOA December 2021, POR & HRH September 2022, Pop Century May 2023, Disneyland California October 2023, COMING UP: Caribbean Beach May 2024
rscxox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 15, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post

She doesn't like large portions of food (thinks it's wasteful), doesn't like fast food (so IHOPs out ), doesn't like crowds and isn't particularly keen on theme parks. She could, I suppose, lie in the sun (she likes hot weather) but I just wish she could enter into the wonders of Disney and Orlando!

Maybe I can persuade her to try it once and then take DD on my own if she hates it!
Old 12 May 15, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post

It's called compromise! You should be able to decide on something that suits everybody's needs.
Old 12 May 15, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Mia_
slightly serious Dibber

has she been before?
Mia_ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 15, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
g1970
Imagineer

g1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Has she been or is she another one of these people with preconceived ideas about what it will be like (I include myself as one of these people..until my first visit lol).

Regardless, as others have pointed out, relationships are all about compromise. Florida also doesn't have to be all about theme parks and fast food

If she loves you, she'll go to make you happy, just as I'm sure you'd quite happily go somewhere on holiday that she chose.
g1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread