Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Nov 15, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mousehunter
Excited about Disney

Any advice please? Best way to get to Paris?

I'm taking my Mum to Paris for her 80th Birthday in May 16. The hotel is booked, all I need now is to arrange how to get there.

I'm in a dilemma though. To fly or try the channel tunnel?

Can anyone tell me what their experiences have been with either transport please?

Mousehunter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 15, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
lulu bear
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We have flown a couple of times now. Once from Luton and once from Gatwick. They both take less than an hour. We flew to Charles De Gaulle in order to get to Disney so pre ordered a private transfer with prestige transfers. They also do central paris drop offs so it may be worth looking into that. We had a lovely air conditioned mercedes 7 seater and the driver was waiting in the terminal with our name on an ipad. We would probably always choose to fly to Paris rather than use the Eurostar now.
DLP Sept 2013=Hotel Cheyenne
DLP March/April 2015=Hotel Cheyenne
lulu bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 15, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyphile
Apprentice Imagineer

I would always choose Eurostar over flying. I find it so much less stressful and comfortable.
Disneyphile is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 15, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Mobile

I would use the Eurostar if possible. Flying is so stressful but the Eurostar is quite relaxing.
Old 12 Nov 15, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

We flew - it was dead easy 😃

We are from devon though to flew from Exeter - getting to Eurostar would have taken ages

Phantom thread-killer of Old London Town 😁
Clamshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 15, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

I've used both.

I suppose it depends on where you are based and budget. Personally i would fly given the choice, my preference. But consider travel time to airport/london then time to france and see which quicker/easier/cheaper?

Its expensive on the east coast line to get to London and by the time I've traveled there and then to Paris via eurostar and then onto the hotel it can be as quick to fly.
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 15, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post

We went by the ferry.

It was a three hour drive in the snow! But The roads were clear and we really enjoyed the drive.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 15, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Mousehunter
Excited about Disney

Thank you all for your advice and comments. 😊😊
Mousehunter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 15, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
WendyBelle
Excited about Disney

We've done the journey 3 ways. We've flown (most expensive) we've gone by ferry (most leisurely) and gone by Eurotunnel (quickest and most convenient) I'd choose Eurotunnel everytime now.
WendyBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 15, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
We've only ever driven to Paris so can't comment on other ways. I did fly once with Air France but that was a company "jolly" and we didn't really go to the centre - but I did notice that Charles de Gaulle airport was massive - and just getting from the plane to the street involved a lot of walking.

Driving was great except that our sat nav stopped working when we went on the Peripherique as it's underground for a lot of it. So make sure you print out maps just in case. Also - if you do drive - it's worth asking the hotel for a guaranteed parking place. Where are you staying?