Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 20 May 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

Beach Club Questions...

1. Is there a supermarket there? Thinking of getting some cereal and milk etc for our room.

2. How long is it on foot to Epcot?

3. Is it quicker by boat or bus to Hollywood Studios?

4. We'll be arriving at the resort at about 7:30pm. Where's a good place for dinner at the resort or nearby? We'll probably be too,tired to venture out to a park.
Old 20 May 19, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

1. Yes, Beach Club Marketplace
2. 5 mins on foot.
3. Boat takes 20 mins, I've never been on the bus.
4. Cape may Cafe (buffet), Beaches and Cream, Ale & Compass or Yachtsman Steakhouse.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
kaydee
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi
There’s a small amount of groceries for sale in the Marketplace shop...I’m sure they had cereal and definitely milk.

Walking to Epcot is about 5-10 mins

Last time we stayed there weren’t any buses to Hollywood studios...just friendship boats (not sure if they put buses on if boats are off due to weather). We usually walk about 15-20 min walk...maybe different now as we’ve not been since skyliner work started.

There’s hurricane Hannas quick serve food beside the pool if you don’t want to book anything. Boardwalk has lots of eateries and it’s only a very short walk away.

Enjoy your holiday and hope thus helps a bit
Old 20 May 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BaconAndAvocado View Post
1. Is there a supermarket there? Thinking of getting some cereal and milk etc for our room.

2. How long is it on foot to Epcot?

3. Is it quicker by boat or bus to Hollywood Studios?

4. We'll be arriving at the resort at about 7:30pm. Where's a good place for dinner at the resort or nearby? We'll probably be too,tired to venture out to a park.
1. Not a supermarket as such. There is the beach club market place. They will do cartons of milk (at semi ridiculous prices) but I didn’t notice cereals as we had stopped at Walmart. I would do that or a fairytale shopper order.

2. From anywhere in the resort I would say somewhere between 3-4 minutes or 10 minutes at the most through the international gateway.

3. I’m not actually sure they do a bus. The boat was just a few minutes depending how lucky you are with one arriving when you do. The walk would probably be 15-20 mins at a steady pace.

4. Dinner options if you didn’t want to go far would probably be: cape May cafe, the yachtsman (although would probably be a bit much on travel day), a walk into the world showcase would give loads of options, or grab a pizza on the boardwalk for a quick option.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
1. Beach Club Marketplace has stuff, yes, but it's Disney pricey. That said, I would often buy the cheese plate from there at the end of an evening for some ridiculous price.

2. Depends on where you are, but it's close. We've been under 5 minutes from our room door to the gates before.

3. Never taken a bus, only the boat and walked. 15-20 minutes with the stop(s) it has to make en route - Swan & Dolphin at least, possibly Boardwalk too - I can't recall the order. Coming home, walking is often quicker due to the line for the boat.

4. You won't get into Beaches & Cream without an ADR or a long wait. Around the lake, ESPN Club and Big River Grille are reasonable options. However, if you can spare the entry on your ticket, I'd be tempted to wander into Epcot, get some chips from the Yorkshire County Fish Shop, a beer and sit and watch the British Revolution.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Considering all 4 replies
Were probAbly being typed
At the same time they are remarkably similar 😂
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
Considering all 4 replies
Were probAbly being typed
At the same time they are remarkably similar 😂
Because they're all correct!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

We walk into Epcot on arrival day. 5-10 minutes and then eat at UK/Morocco/Japan QS. Gets you really into the disney vibe then!
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THOscar View Post
We walk into Epcot on arrival day. 5-10 minutes and then eat at UK/Morocco/Japan QS. Gets you really into the disney vibe then!
That's what I've decided to do in September - having something to eat at Katsura Grill in Japan then over to Disney Springs to pick up my free gift card from World of Disney. By going to DS to pick up my gift card then I won't feel like I've wasted any of my holiday there.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 05:13 AM  
Link to this Post
DVCBT
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
1. Yes, Beach Club Marketplace
2. 5 mins on foot.
3. Boat takes 20 mins, I've never been on the bus.
4. Cape may Cafe (buffet), Beaches and Cream, Ale & Compass or Yachtsman Steakhouse.
Also the Marketplace at Beach Club has a few food items you can pick up to eat without going very far. Yacht Club has a take out food area as well.
DVCBT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List