Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 11 Jun 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Kahunababy
Getting to know the DIBB

Room request for POFQ

Can anyone advise on the best room to request at POFQ? Ideally we would like to be near the food court/pool and not too far from a bus stop.

Also, do corner rooms have double windows? Last year we stayed at CBR and requested a corner room as the rooms where quite dingy and needed the extra light.

I'm thinking of asking for an upper floor as I find ground floor quite noisy and we are all able buddies and no phased by steps.

Thanks for your help!
Kahunababy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

I would be interested on the answers for this as well for next year.

I have watched a few vlogs and it seems it really is a small resort so I don't think you are more then 5 minutes walk away from anything most of the time which is one of the reasons that the resort appealed to me.

I think you can go on touring plans and they have views and recommendations for rooms to request on their.
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Personally speaking, the resort is so small I don’t think there any major distances to walk to anywhere. Everything is close to hand. Wished we gone their instead of POR

All building in POFQ have lifts and they have three floors

It’s my fav Mod. Beautiful, compact some of the best staff you’ll find and totally relaxing

Look at
touringplans/

And

portorleans/

Both have maps etc on of resorts

We stayed in building one and it was a few minutes no more than four to walk anywhere

Edited at 08:44 AM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Personally speaking, the resort is so small I don’t think there any major distances to walk to anywhere. Everything is close to hand. Wished we gone their instead of POR

All building in POFQ have lifts and they have three floors

It’s my fav Mod. Beautiful, compact some of the gbest staff you’ll find and totally relaxing

Look at
touringplans/

And

portorleans/

Both have maps etc on of resorts

We stayed in building one and it was a few minutes no more than four to walk anywhere
Agree with TB, no need for room request here.

Disney332
Old 12 Jun 19, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

I also stayed in Building 1 and even being a very slow walker it only took a few minutes to get anywhere. It's a beautiful resort and a pleasure to walk in. I'm staying there again next year 😀
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Cupcake33
Excited about Disney

It's a small resort so it won't take you far to walk anywhere. We were in Building 1 which is one of the furthest away, top floor and took us less than 5 minutes to walk to the main entrance.
Cupcake33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

We stopped building 4. Our standard view looked over courtyard towards car park but trees blocked out car park. Real close to bus stop and lobby. We could also get to food court undercover if raining. It's a great resort
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

I've stayed in building 1 and 4 and I preferred 4 for location (I think 4 is probably closest to the bus stops as you can cut through the car park) but there really isn't much in it as others have said. From building 1 it takes less than 5 mins to get to the lobby etc. and 1 & 7 are the furthest away so you wont have a trek where ever you are!

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Flamingo
Apprentice Imagineer

Flamingo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

Good to read all the replies. We're heading to POFQ in August 2020 (first onsite stay). The more I read, the more I can't wait 😃
Flamingo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
annedawso
Apprentice Imagineer

We atayed in building 4, very compact resort. We asked for a corner room so had two windows, making room lighter.

LBV Resort and Spa- 2009
Emerald Island Villa -2013
OKW -2014 YC -2015
Tenerife and cruise in Med 2016
Easter 2017. BCV 7 nights, 6 nights GFV. 3 Portofino Bay
August 2017. YC 14 nights. 4 days Portofino Bay
August 18 -5 nights NY, 11 nights PORFQ
August 2019 10 nights AKL 6 nights Universal
AUG 2020 CSR 15 nights?
annedawso is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List