Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 15 Jun 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo82
slightly serious Dibber

At old key west now.. air conditioning!

We arrived at Old Key West last night. I’ve had 4 hours broken sleep as what usually happens on your first night. It doesn’t help that the air conditioning fires up on the hour and blasts in my face! Lol. Can I switch this off at night? If I do though will it be far too hot? Thanks.
jojo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Hi. You can turn it off but the room will be unbearable in my view. There is an on/off button on the wall unit.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

It’ll be unbearable if you turn it off. I personally find you get used to it. We had the loudest air con ever at POR and we did get used to it eventually.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

Mobile

We don't turn it off but usually adjust the thermostat as we find it set to run far too cold for us and with a higher temperature setting does not come on nearly as much. If you do this you have to check daily as mouse keeping do have a habit of turning it back down

Paul
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by OutbackAddict View Post
We don't turn it off but usually adjust the thermostat as we find it set to run far too cold for us and with a higher temperature setting does not come on nearly as much. If you do this you have to check daily as mouse keeping do have a habit of turning it back down
We find that too. We usually set it around 71 and housekeeping always turn it down.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
At SSR we keep it on 66 all the time, plus the fan on a medium speed.

If it is set at 65 it never stops operating and can freeze up the unit. By selecting 66 it does come on and off.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

I found the Aircon at OKW almost silent, and very, very good (I like it cool) but may be unit specific.
Old 15 Jun 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
littletink
Very Serious Dibber

We hired a villa in Florida and the owners were in control of the air con from the comfort of their home in the U.K. It was horrendous - we were all baking hot in the house - we were sweating! They wouldn't change the temperature and asked us to keep all curtains blinds closed in the day - so we were like sweaty vampires! That experience was a first for us.

Lindfields 2001 & 2005, West Stonebridge Christmas 2008
Disney Yacht Club, Marco Island, Duck Key & HRH August 2011, Lindfields & Rotonda Aug 2012 - HRH & Rotonda 2013 - HRH & Rotonda 2014 - NYC 2015 - AMI 2016 - Sunset Lakes/Rotonda 2017 - NYC/Bongo's!/AMI 2018 - Boardwalk-Rotonda-HRH 2019 - Rotonda 2023
littletink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

My friends in our 1 bed villa had issues with the air con blowing in their faces in the bedroom, the maintenance guy just stood on a chair and tilted the horizontal bars on the vent upwards! If only we'd realised, we could have done it ourselves!
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

I actually really liked the noise of the air con at both port orleans resorts! I like a bit of white noise though! My hubby turned it off one night and room like oven in the morning
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List