Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 17 Jun 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Toddler Trials take on DLP June 2019 - Day 1

Toddler Trials take on DLP! June 2019 - Day 1
Monday 10th June

It was finally Disney time . We were SO excited to take Libby on her first Disney trip. I’d had a few wobbles in the run up thinking I would regret not just booking Orlando and it wouldn't be anywhere near as good but spoiler…I need not have worried. We had an amazing time!

Our alarms went off at 6am. Libby decided to have a lie in for once and we had to wake her about 6:30 . Typical! We left just after 7 and headed for a McDonalds breakfast on the way to the airport. Traffic was fine until we drove past the cut off we needed and had to come back the way with all the other traffic heading into Glasgow...woops.

There was a long queue at check in but after 5 minutes the lady pulled us and another family out and sent us down the empty priority queue.

We got through security fine, Glasgow airport staff were on strike so I’d been a bit worried as the Friday had seen massive queues but the contingency plans seemed to be working this morning. We picked up some sandwiches and fruit at Boots for the plane and wandered through to departures. I got a Krispy Kreme donut (which Libby ate half of) and coffee. We watched the planes for a bit and bought her a Peppa magazine and kinder egg in WH Smith.

Something to mention - We used Easyjet’s Hands Free option and paid £7 per cabin case each way to drop them at bag drop. This made navigating the airport with Libby and her buggy so much easier. They tag all your luggage as priority so it comes first (but we had to wait on the buggy anyway). They also give you priority tickets for boarding and you can take an under the seat item on board, which was a huge plus for us with Libby and all her snacks/nappies etc. I would thoroughly recommend this, especially if like me you’re always stuffing your handbag into your cabin case before boarding!

Anyway, back to the trip. We got on board fine and Libby was quite happy sitting in her own seat. The flight was an absolute breeze compared to our flight to Canada last year. We both sighed a huge sigh of relief!

A little tub of Pringles lasted far longer than a usual snack, me new go to for shopping trips!

This travel connect 4 game also occupied her for a fair while

Lots of snacks were had

And some iPad time

She did get a bit restless once we’d landed but hadn’t reached the gate and wanted to sit on me, so we were that family with a child out of her seat before the seatbelt sign went off . We held on tight to her though.

We were off the plane quite quickly and stopped to changed Libby’s nappy before passport control. The baby change was a big room with a toilet so I avoided the queue for the ladies by quickly using the teeny kids loo once I’d changed her. We were through passport control easily and got our bags quickly too. My cabin case was the very first case on the belt .

I’d booked private transfers with Prestige in advance for €60 each way. Not the cheapest but with a toddler and luggage I’m alllllll about paying for convenience. The driver was waiting with my name on an iPad as soon as we walked through the arrival doors. He took us straight down to an shiny clean minivan fitted with an immaculate 5 point harness car seat which I’d requested.

I couldn’t fault Prestige, when we left on the Friday the driver was waiting outside Newport Bay again with our name on an iPad and his minivan had a drop down TV with a choice of Disney films for Libby. He even gave her a lolly. Both transfers were great. It was so easy compared to our previous experience in CDG which is a HUGE airport and can be a bit confusing.

The transfer only took about 35 minutes. The driver dropped us at Newport Bay, we were here!

It was just gone 3pm so the check in queue was really busy. Gary wandered around with Libby to keep her occupied and I got us checked in.

We were allocated room 1152 in the west wing. There was a bit of confusion when I asked for bed guards, the lady had no idea what I was on about but I think it was a mixture of my Scottish accent and the fact she was still in training. She asked her colleague next to her who realised straight away what I meant and said they’d organise them.

We found our way to our room and unpacked, sorting ourselves out for a visit into the main park. It turns out they’d already given us bed guards and a travel cot so when a porter arrived a few minutes later with more bed guards, we managed to get him to understand that we didn't need anymore guards and he took the cot away too.

We got Libby changed and headed out .

I love this picture!

Such a gorgeous setting

We're in!

It was about 5 and people were lining the kerbs for the parade at 5:30.
We were all getting a bit hangry so I found a spot near the start of the parade (beside It's a Small World) behind two Spanish ladies and a little boy and Gary ran to grab us something to eat. He came back with a hotdog for him and crisps for me and Libby.

Studying the map while we waited

The little boy in front of us (he can’t have been much older than Libby) had an ice lolly and it was going EVERYWHERE . I watched them try to clean him up for a few minutes then offered them a baby wipe (well gestured, they didn't speak English and I don’t speak Spanish). They were really grateful and when the parade started, made sure Libby got in to the front to see. RESULT!

I don't have loads of great parade pictures because watching Libby's face had me completely distracted. She was in awe and I was so happy seeing her that amazed!

After the parade we headed on to It’s a Small World, following in Lisa_Lollipops first ride tradition . Libby made friends with a little English baby in front of us. She loved it and asked to go round again.

Excited to go on the boats

First ride!

We had dinner booked at Silver Spur Steakhouse in Frontierland at 6:30 so headed over that way.

Gary wanted this photo on the way

We checked in and had a 5 minute wait. We were shown to our table and Libby went in to a Mickey high chair which she quite liked. She immediately took a shine to our server Cynthia. Cynthia really made our meal, she wasn’t over the top but engaged quite a bit with Libby and helped avoid any tired tantrums. We were so grateful, she probably had no idea how much she helped!

Our booking included free half board plus but as she’s under 3, Libby didn't get a meal so we ordered her a separate kids meal. This was plain spaghetti with a sauce on the side to add in as you wish (& a salad but she didn't touch that). She ate this really well, although didn't finish as it was a big portion and she's still little. We both had steak which came with a choice of sauces. Gary said his was great, mine was very chewy and not something I’d order again but I asked for it well done so that probably didn't help.

Our starters

ICE CREAM!
My dessert

We paid €32 for Libby’s kids meal, 2 extra cokes and Cynthia’s tip.

We left Silver Spur and headed straight to Phantom Manor, or the ’monster house’ as Libby called it. I wasn't sure how she’d be in the dark but she absolutely loved this ride!

Ready to go in

She was getting tired but did her thumbs up which was so cute.

We headed round to Hyperspace Mountain and Gary went first, then we parent swapped. While I waited on him I picked up a fastpass for Buzz Lightyear’s Laser Blast which started at 9.30.

Gary came off Hyperspace Mountain and it was my turn. I thought you went in the Fastpass entrance with the child swap ticket but the man said to go through the exit in the future. He let me in that way anyway though.

I love the colours in this

Gary and Libby had some hat fun while they waited on me...

Libby was tired, we thought she might fall asleep but nope! After I’d done Hyperspace Mountain, Gary did Star Tours while Libby and I waited at the ride exit in the shop. I’m not a fan of simulator type rides or Star Wars so I didn’t want to swap and do this one so we just headed to our Buzz fastpass.

Libby absolutely loved it, this was her favourite ride and we went on it many more times . Our ride photo didn't work though (and didn't every time we went on apart from once for some reason!).

After Buzz we decided to call it a night and head back to our hotel, via Starbucks and the hotel shop for juice.

Getting dark now

Night Night Disneyland

Libby fell asleep in her buggy while we were waiting on our drinks at Starbucks .

We always just walked to/from Newport Bay and the parks, we never bothered with the shuttle. It was a lovely stroll round the lake

We got back about 10.30 and put Libby straight into bed. I sorted out our park bag for the morning and set alarms before collapsing into bed, happy at a successful travel day and our first evening in the park!

Gary and I were both really restless, the bed seemed to be small but I think it was just dipped in the middle and we were annoying each other. Libby cried out around 2am so I jumped into the other double bed beside her and we all slept so much better .

A successful travel day and first visit to the main park, we were really chuffed with how today went and couldn't wait for the week ahead . Thanks for reading!

Edited at 07:27 PM.
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

What a brilliant day! I’m so impressed by how much you got done!

Libby sounds like a star, you must have been so proud!

That pic at night outside the Disneyland hotel is just gorgeous of you three, reckon you should photo shop out those randomers

Xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
MilliesFairy
Proud to wear my Ears

What a great travel day. I love the picture of Libby looking at the icecream - she looks like all her dreams have come true. I also love that Dumbo hat but don't think I could get away with wearing it anywhere other than disney.
MilliesFairy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
What a great travel/first day with lots packed in despite the travelling. Looking forward to reading along
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
What a brilliant day! I’m so impressed by how much you got done!

Libby sounds like a star, you must have been so proud!

That pic at night outside the Disneyland hotel is just gorgeous of you three, reckon you should photo shop out those randomers

Xx
Haha you'd think being married to a Photographer this would be a simple request but getting him to actually action it is another thing .

She was brilliant most of the week, couldn't believe our luck! I know you know all about the unpredictable nature of toddlers . Thanks lovely!

Originally Posted by MilliesFairy View Post
What a great travel day. I love the picture of Libby looking at the icecream - she looks like all her dreams have come true. I also love that Dumbo hat but don't think I could get away with wearing it anywhere other than disney.
Libby loves a hat, we joked she'd probably rather had a funny impractical hat as opposed to al the toys . Thanks for commenting!

Originally Posted by Mel49 View Post
What a great travel/first day with lots packed in despite the travelling. Looking forward to reading along
Thank you xx
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

What brilliant photos - I love the one where Libby looks so excited in the airport.

It looks like a fantastic first day
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Nesbits
Very Serious Dibber

Libby is so cute and growing up so fast. A lovely day
Nesbits is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Oh what an amazing first day! That flight sounded like a dream, well done Libby! Great tip on the Pringles, I think Charlie would like eating out of the pot too... will pick some up for out flight later in the year!

So many gorgeous photos, this has seriously got me pining for another DLP trip, it really is so magical and whilst different from WDW so wonderful in it's own way. I love how Libby has totally embraced it all from the very first moment, she is a Disney gal through and through!

And absolutely thrilled your first ride was IASW... there is no other way to start a trip!

So excited to read the rest!
Lisa_Lollipop is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rabel View Post
What brilliant photos - I love the one where Libby looks so excited in the airport.

It looks like a fantastic first day
It was great . Thank you for commenting!

Originally Posted by Nesbits View Post
Libby is so cute and growing up so fast. A lovely day
She is, too fast! Thank you .

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Oh what an amazing first day! That flight sounded like a dream, well done Libby! Great tip on the Pringles, I think Charlie would like eating out of the pot too... will pick some up for out flight later in the year!

So many gorgeous photos, this has seriously got me pining for another DLP trip, it really is so magical and whilst different from WDW so wonderful in it's own way. I love how Libby has totally embraced it all from the very first moment, she is a Disney gal through and through!

And absolutely thrilled your first ride was IASW... there is no other way to start a trip!

So excited to read the rest!
Definitely recommend the Pringles, worked a dream on the journey home too. It absolutely is, such a beautiful place. Thanks lovely! xx
Old 12 Jul 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Day 2 is up