Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 19 Nov 20, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile Favourite Vegetable and the veg you hate

Do you love Veg?
Which is your favourite?
Which do you hate?

I hate Cabbage and it gives me terrible wind 🙊
I love peas though, any pea's, could eat them everyday 😋
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

I love peas too.. garden peas and processed peas mainly. Not keen on petit pois they seem all skin!

I like cabbage but the pale ones not dark leafy varieties. Carrots, parsnips, sprouts, broccoli and cauliflower are also a big thumbs up.

Don't like all the other ones, kale, spinach, celariac etc.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
I love peas too.. garden peas and processed peas mainly. Not keen on petit pois they seem all skin!

I like cabbage but the pale ones not dark leafy varieties. Carrots, parsnips, sprouts, broccoli and cauliflower are also a big thumbs up.

Don't like all the other ones, kale, spinach, celariac etc.
The tinned Bigga marrowfat peas are my favourite, any preference? 😉
I need a laugh today 😁
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
I’m not a particularly big veg fan. I wouldn’t say I have a favourite - I just “tolerate” most veg
I absolutely hate parsnips though 🤮

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vanlou View Post
I’m not a particularly big veg fan. I wouldn’t say I have a favourite - I just “tolerate” most veg
I absolutely hate parsnips though 🤮
Ooh love a roast parsnip 😋

Edited at 12:03 PM.
Old 19 Nov 20, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post

Continuing the pea theme.

My favourite - green garden peas in the pod. Eat the peas and the pod raw. Love them.

Least favourite - mushy peas.

However, as this is essentially two variation of the same veg for least favourite different vegetable.

Okra. Like eating slugs. 😨
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
BarrettFamily
VIP Dibber

Dislike most veg.
Like courgettes
Hate, absolutely loath, detest and any other synonym you can think of, mushy peas.
My parents tell the story. When I was little we went out to lunch with my grandparents up in the lakes. My food arrived and I loudly announced that, if I had wanted mushy peas I would have ordered mushy peas 🤢
WDW All Stars Movies 2001- 10th Anniversary
WDW Carribean Beach Resort 2006
WDW All Stars Music 2008
WDW Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa 2018 - 50th Birthday Celebration with Mum.
BarrettFamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by BarrettFamily View Post
Dislike most veg.
Like courgettes
Hate, absolutely loath, detest and any other synonym you can think of, mushy peas.
My parents tell the story. When I was little we went out to lunch with my grandparents up in the lakes. My food arrived and I loudly announced that, if I had wanted mushy peas I would have ordered mushy peas 🤢
Reminds me of my sister as a child - we were in a restaurant and she announced to the whole room “This is my sister Melanie - she doesn’t like mushy peas” 😂
We’ve never let her forget it!

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Peas for the love of peas! DH will only eat processed peas, I also do those boxes of dried peas that you soak overnight. Love those but they are so hard to cook without all the skins coming off! I like mushy ones too but not often, bit too much like eating baby food.

I eat way too many birds eye garden peas... like plate fulls with a few fish fingers... love them! haha

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
Peas for the love of peas! DH will only eat processed peas, I also do those boxes of dried peas that you soak overnight. Love those but they are so hard to cook without all the skins coming off! I like mushy ones too but not often, bit too much like eating baby food.

I eat way too many birds eye garden peas... like plate fulls with a few fish fingers... love them! haha
You sound like me 😂