Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Dec 20, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

We got married at Cypress grove in Orlando in 2003. The best part about it all was how relaxed it was. We had a few of our closest family and friends with us and spent the afternoon after the wedding in the hotel pool followed by dinner at the Olive Garden!😂

One of the housekeepers came on check out day to tell me how beautiful I looked in my dress and how she wished us a very happy marriage. 💗
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
ali-s
VIP Dibber

Ours started with grandad being left behind when family were going to the church, the car had to turn back for him. Then our car ( me and dad ) got to the church before some of the guests, so had to go 3 times round the roundabout to give them time to arrive. Our 3yr old flowergirl had an ear infection ( undiagnosed at the time ) and screamed the church down. No one had informed the chef that the bride was vegetarian, so I had cheese salad for my wedding lunch, no one told me when the buffet was served in the evening and the tabke was cleared before I got to it, I never even tasted the wedding cake ! And next morning ( we stayed overnight in same hotel as our guests ) our guests had eaten all the cooked breakfast before we got up.
That was 28 years ago, I probably thought things could only get better
Mexico 2010, Easter in Mexico Trip Index
ESD Pointe Orlando, Palm Pavilion Clearwater, RPR August 2012
Costa Rica July 2015 Pura Vida! trip report
South Africa 2017 trip report
ali-s is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

We got married in 1985 at our local church. I didn’t realise at the time we had no organ music, thank goodness for DH Dad and guests who were part of a local Male Voice Choir. There was a mix up with the organist and a boy practicing before our wedding. It all turned out well and we’re still happily married.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore rocks
VIP Dibber

Eeyore rocks's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

This is the church we got married in..33 years ago... at the reception, my young cousin, stirred up a wasp nest with a stick...and a wasp stung her brother in the nether regions...with the result him being taken to hospital.

Orlando..Feb 1998, Jun 2003, Nov 2004, Dec 2008, Nov 2009, Aug 2010, Nov 2010, Sep 2011, Nov 2012, Nov 2013, Oct 2014, Sept 2015, Nov 2015, Sept 16, Jan 2017, Nov 2017, Jan 2018, June 2018, Dec 2018, June 2019, Dec 2019, Feb 2022, May 2023, Oct 2024.

Las Vegas..Dec 1998, Jan 2002, Jan 2004, Jan 2005, May 2006, Mar 2009, Apr 2011, Jan 2012, Aug 2012, Jan 2013, Feb 2014, Feb 2015 Feb 2016, Nov 2016.

New York...Nov 2018, Dec 2021.
Eeyore rocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

My Dad saying just before they opened the door for me to walk down the aisle it’s not too late to go home if you want to go home was 38 years ago
And the snow just as we came out the church
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

Walking past Sean Connery at the Old Course Hotel, St Andrews. I wasn't 100% sure it was him at the time, I was still half asleep, but then later on we were watching the golfers go past our balcony and he was playing, a reasonable sized group were following him around.

We were married in a small church in St Andrews, at 3.00 pm 8th September 2001, we only had 8 guests and had our reception at the Old Course. We got back home on 10th September and we were due to fly to Myrtle Beach on 15th, but 911 happened and we ended up having our honeymoon in Swanage.
My mom had passed away the year before we got married so I wanted to keep our wedding small, no regrets though, it was the best day of my life.

We both play golf, hence the venue, and probably the most memorable moment was having our photo taken in our wedding clothes on the Swilken Bridge - considering there was only 8 of us, our photographer was amazing and we have loads of brilliant photographs.

Edited at 11:08 PM.
Helen J is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
My Dad saying just before they opened the door for me to walk down the aisle it’s not too late to go home if you want to go home was 38 years ago
And the snow just as we came out the church
Dad's always ready to catch us ❤️💔
Old 28 Dec 20, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
We had 50 to the day and another 30 to the evening (if I could rewind time I would have just had 60 to the whole thing, evening guests were nothing but trouble)
We got married in Lymm and wanted a lovely relaxed day. Nothing more miserable for guests or the bridal party then a formal photographer. We did 5 mins in our room with my best friends husband who was very good for a few bridesmaid shots, we then did 5 mins outside with a friends husband with a fancy camera, couple of group shots and we were done and mixing with our guests, best decision ever. Saved a fortune too. I have loads of fab photos too.
Second best decisions were a cake made of cheese and a sweetie buffet.
We spent £7.5k on our wedding including my dress, rings etc which is a FORTUNE, but honestly; I loved every single second
Old 28 Dec 20, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

We eloped to Vegas and got married on my dh 30th birthday, his choice of date. We had a surprise party at my parents house when we got back for family and friends. Our parents were great about it, they were just so happy for us. Things that stand out for us were
1. Our witness was a native of Las Vegas called Sonny Singer who was also our limo driver.
2. I will never forget saying my vows which included ‘I promise not to step on your blue suede shoes’. We got married by Elvis.
3. The reaction from our families when my dh said , after having happy birthday sang to him as they all thought it was a birthday party, ‘ on behalf of my wife and I , I’d like to thank you all for coming’.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

I loved every minute of our wedding day. We were in Vegas with 20 friends. Spent the morning floating in the lazy river at the MGM drinking cocktails .

The wedding itself was exactly what we wanted and I’ll never forget the look on hubbys face as I walked down the aisle 🥰.

We had a four course family style dining meal at Maggianos with a four hour all inclusive drink package - our server was shocked - not sure he’d encountered a Scottish party before .

At the end of our reception we asked for taxis back to NYNY to go to Nine Fine Irishmen and a hummer turned up. The whole day was fab.

cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List