Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 9 Jan 21, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Disney Files request for photos that celebrate 30-years of Disney Vacation Club.

The following is posted under the My DVC - Disney Files link.
disneyvacationclub.disney.go/disney-files/

Share Your Disney Memories

You can submit a photo for possible inclusion in Disney Files Magazine.

Photos That Celebrate 30 Years of Disney Vacation Club

The spring edition of Disney Files Magazine—mailing in March 2021—will celebrate 30 magical years of Disney Vacation Club. As part of this editorial celebration, the magazine’s “Family Album” photo section will showcase Members’ favorite vacation photos from any of the past 30 years.

What You’ll Need to Send

If you’re interested in submitting a photo for possible inclusion in Disney Files Magazine, you’ll need to send us the following:

Your photo (keeping a copy for yourself, as we cannot return photos)
A description of the photo, including the year it was taken
Your name, hometown and “Member Since” year
A signed release form for each person pictured
Submit Photos Via Email

Please email us with the items above at: DVCMemberStories@Disney.com

Note: Your photo should be shared in JPEG or PNG format and have a resolution of least 300 DPI. The file size should not exceed 5 MB.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My brother was apparantly 192nd to sign up! (I think Tom Morrow's brother was even earlier, I may be wrong). So likely the first day or week. He has the very first Disney Files (it wasnt called that then) and every single Magazine since. I think we may take a photo of him and his wife with these first editions with their Old Key West memory wall behind them!

We went to OKW many times from the mid 90s until we joined DVC in 2004. It was the best thing we ever did! Even though we dont really utilise our options having only stayed at OKW other than a couple of nights here and there.

Love looking back at old magazines.
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

As a bit of a Disney history buff (read Realityland you can get it on Amazon about the development of WDW, I think it’s because I was born the day it opened) and having a great interest in DVC (coming late to the party compared to many on here) I have a great interest in seeing old Disney Files, photos of OKW or any of the resorts in development, old photos of what the rooms were like, promotional materials etc, I’d say if you have stuff like this please post it up on here, I’m sure many of us would enjoy seeing it.
For those interested DVCinfo.com under the information and then history tab has a great history of DVC and how it developed.
Of course, Eisner was behind it like many of the good things at Disney he brought in, in the Disney Decade. Disney War is also a good book if you are interested in the business side and power struggles.
Old 9 Jan 21, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Old 9 Jan 21, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Some of my favourite books there YT. Sounds like you and my DH may have been born on almost the same day!

Thanks for posting B’rer Bear - I remember them doing something similar for 15 years of DVC and it was really cool - this will be even better as it covers a longer period!

ETA one of my former work colleagues (now retired) was told he was one of the first to sign up from the U.K. He was one of the really lucky ones to get a lifetime AP

Edited at 11:15 AM.
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by salmim View Post
My brother was apparantly 192nd to sign up! (I think Tom Morrow's brother was even earlier, I may be wrong). So likely the first day or week. He has the very first Disney Files (it wasnt called that then) and every single Magazine since. I think we may take a photo of him and his wife with these first editions with their Old Key West memory wall behind them!

We went to OKW many times from the mid 90s until we joined DVC in 2004. It was the best thing we ever did! Even though we dont really utilise our options having only stayed at OKW other than a couple of nights here and there.

Love looking back at old magazines.
Nearly correct. It is my Cousin. I actually E Mailed him this week so will send him another one now I know about this.

I don't have a Brother as I suspect my Parents took one look at me and decided to call it a day.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List