Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 24 Jan 21, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
All any of us can do is stick a wet finger in the air and speculate!

For those who believe there will be no flights to the USA this year then they must accept Virgin will go bust and probably BA as well. No airline can weather that storm.

My personal view is August in to September is a possibility. Autumn is almost certainly going to be ok.

Like 2Point on page one I ensure I don't surround myself with doom mongers and negative people. My mantra is optimism coupled with a realistic outlook.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Feeling a tad more hopeful that we may get there in October now that DH has also been vaccinated as it’s just the 2 of us travelling.

Fingers crossed!

Good luck everyone

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
This is why we cancelled May 21 and moved it to Nov 22.
I cancelled our August trip as I consider myself to be a realist rather than a doom monger. You only have look back to last year and all the posts initially playing down the virus, followed by confidence that travel would be back by the summer and then by Christmas, by May and now speculation around autumn. If there's one thing this virus has sown us is that no one is an expert or can predict what will happen next, there's too many variables and too many things that need to align before any sort of holidays to the US can take place.

I've missed WDW and can't wait to get back but actually looking at what's going on in the world rather than wishful thinking makes me think it's not going to happen this year. Being optimistic with a realistic outlook, I'm hoping to be able to travel again 2022 and personally can't wait, I'll never complain about the heat, humidity or the rain again

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

A big issue will be how long this lasts, no one is ever going to go on holiday with this (Telegraph today):

British families returning from foreign holidays will have to pay for an extra 10 days in an airport hotel under heavy guard, in plans backed by the Home Office.

Senior Cabinet ministers are likely to approve a plan to force people returning from overseas to quarantine in a hotel to ensure that they cannot bring variants of Covid-19 back into the UK.

The chief dispute at Cabinet level is whether the hotel quarantine rules apply to all visitors or just to those returning from coronavirus hotspots.

Downing Street sources confirmed that hotel quarantining was likely to form part of the “next steps”, after Boris Johnson made clear at his press conference on Friday that more would have to be done on securing the borders.
Old 24 Jan 21, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
A big issue will be how long this lasts, no one is ever going to go on holiday with this (Telegraph today):

British families returning from foreign holidays will have to pay for an extra 10 days in an airport hotel under heavy guard, in plans backed by the Home Office.

Senior Cabinet ministers are likely to approve a plan to force people returning from overseas to quarantine in a hotel to ensure that they cannot bring variants of Covid-19 back into the UK.

The chief dispute at Cabinet level is whether the hotel quarantine rules apply to all visitors or just to those returning from coronavirus hotspots.

Downing Street sources confirmed that hotel quarantining was likely to form part of the “next steps”, after Boris Johnson made clear at his press conference on Friday that more would have to be done on securing the borders.
Noooooo! 😩
Old 24 Jan 21, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

It’s just a shame they didn’t enforce something like this right at the beginning!
Old 24 Jan 21, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by boo2 View Post
It’s just a shame they didn’t enforce something like this right at the beginning!
I agree in a way.

My worry is it is now put in place with no apparent objective or end game and drags on and on.
Old 24 Jan 21, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

I agree in a way.

My worry is it is now put in place with no apparent objective or end game and drags on and on.
Yes, agreed. Very difficult to stay positive when the news is so grim and there doesn’t seem to be and endpoint even with a vaccine being rolled out.
Old 24 Jan 21, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MrBlueSky
Proud to wear my Ears

We made the tough decision to postpone our May trip

As you know Tom, we just made the difficult decision to cancel our May 2021 visit and deferred it to the end of August for a blow out 23 day trip.

The optimist in me wanted to hold out for May, but the realist in me decided to increase the odds and push it back 3 months.

Our rationale:

- At 50 years young Mrs Blue Sky and I don’t expect to be fully vaccinated before May.
- We have 135 point that MUST be used by Aug31.
- We are at the 7 month window for August reservations and booking now gives us the most flexibility in terms of room options (our preference being BWV).
- We are flying BA using Avios and a Companion voucher. Reward flights are limited and the further ahead you book the better.
- BA allowed a free transfer of the flight.
- We are hopeful that there will be fewer restrictions at the Theme Parks by the end of August.

We can’t wait to get back! Roll on August!

Good luck everyone.
MrBlueSky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Honestly I don't think so. I'm feeling really hopeless about the whole situation and it's really brought me down.

Was even talking to DH about selling DVC again as I think international travel is over. He thinks i'm being too pessimistic. It just feels like with this virus being around forever and new variants every year, this is it 😢

It's nice to read some more positive comments on here though. Please somebody tell me i'm silly and shouldn't thinking about selling up.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List