Gev
Imagineer

Ooh! Looking forward to this...
Old 5 Jun 17, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Following along, have a great trip
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 17, 03:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Pheeeeebs
Dancing with Tink'

Howdy everyone!

It's currently 03:45 and I've been awake for the last 4 hours. I'm at the Premier Inn next to Manchester Airport and a combination of not been tired, being excited, and too much traffic noise has kept me awake.

It's just me staying here. The rest of the party are meeting me at the airport at 06:00.

I went for a quick meal at the Premier Inn restaurant last night and was pleasantly surprised.

For my main course, I opted for a choose your own pizza with three toppings. I chose pepperoni, bacon, and chicken. I thought this was pretty good! Sadly, I forgot to take a picture before I went in for my first slice!

For dessert, I decided to try the Eton mess sunday. This was amazing, and the photo really doesn't do its size justice.

All in all a great start to the holiday. I was expecting this meal to cost more than it did, but managed to get change from £20. Well, I would have done had I not left a tip...

The receipt lists different items as the tills were playing up, but the prices are correct.

Edited at 03:53 AM.
Pheeeeebs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 17, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Yay you are off and running... we always stay at the premier inn next to Manchester airport ( we stay at the runger lane south one )... their brekkie is good if you've room from that pizza last night which looks good ... , good meal for the price, have a great flight and enjoy your stay at Rosen, I'm looking forward to reading more.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Pheeeeebs
Dancing with Tink'

Sadly, we are now back in England after a wonderful two weeks away. To try to keep myself awake, I'll start adding some pictures for you in here.

Day 1 - Travel Day

I had a very poor sleep at the Premier Inn the night before our flight. I think it was a mixture of excitement and being away from my own bed.

V-Room

Up very early, I headed over to Manchester Airport to meet the rest of the party. We booked through Virgin Holidays so were treated to the V-Room pre-flight. Sadly, I had not got into the rhythm of taking photos of everything at this point, so only have a couple of snaps.

Nonetheless, the V Room was great. Lovely and quiet, and unlimited food and drink.

Everything in the V-Room was fresh. I'd definitely recommend making use of it if you get the chance. Other members of the party ate sausage/bacon sandwiches, and a range of other pastries.

VS75

After a little bit of a panic that the plane would be delayed, we did manage to board on time. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food that Virgin put on, and everyone seemed to enjoy it. This is possibly helped by the fact that you're excited to get to Florida!

First up were some snacks and a drink. We were given little packets of sour cream and chive pretzels. These were delicious. Really salty and flavoursome. Exactly what I wanted after a lot of sweet foods for breakfast.

Next up was the main meal. I can't quite remember what the other options were, but most of us opted for the chicken pesto pasta. This was surprisingly tasty. Of course, we were also given a little Gu pot which is heavenly. If only they were bigger pots!

Don't forget the mini Fab!

To finish off the flight, we were given some cheese and tomato sandwiches, some crisps, a chocolate caramel dessert, and a couple of mints.

I was really impressed with the quality of the food!

In my tired state, I forgot to take photos of our evening meal at the Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando, but none of us were impressed.

I'll note here that we LOVED the breakfast, and everything else about the hotel, but the dinner was dreadful. It was a buffet but there was no sense of organisation to it, with pieces of fresh fruit next to beef, and fried banana that tasted like cardboard!

Thankfully this meal was free as we would not have been happy to pay for it. The desserts were a redeeming feature, with an ice cream machine and loads of sauces/toppings.

We pretty much retired for the night instantly after the meal. A good start to the holiday.

Edited at 03:54 PM.
Pheeeeebs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

Great start... subscribed!
Old 21 Jun 17, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Pheeeeebs
Dancing with Tink'

Originally Posted by mrmoo123 View Post
Great start... subscribed!
Welcome aboard!

There are some treats in store, trust me
Old 21 Jun 17, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Pheeeeebs View Post
Sadly, we are now back in England after a wonderful two weeks away. To try to keep myself awake, I'll start adding some pictures for you in here.

Day 1 - Travel Day

I had a very poor sleep at the Premier Inn the night before our flight. I think it was a mixture of excitement and being away from my own bed.

V-Room

Up very early, I headed over to Manchester Airport to meet the rest of the party. We booked through Virgin Holidays so were treated to the V-Room pre-flight. Sadly, I had not got into the rhythm of taking photos of everything at this point, so only have a couple of snaps.

Nonetheless, the V Room was great. Lovely and quiet, and unlimited food and drink.

Everything in the V-Room was fresh. I'd definitely recommend making use of it if you get the chance. Other members of the party ate sausage/bacon sandwiches, and a range of other pastries.

VS75

After a little bit of a panic that the plane would be delayed, we did manage to board on time. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food that Virgin put on, and everyone seemed to enjoy it. This is possibly helped by the fact that you're excited to get to Florida!

First up were some snacks and a drink. We were given little packets of sour cream and chive pretzels. These were delicious. Really salty and flavoursome. Exactly what I wanted after a lot of sweet foods for breakfast.

Next up was the main meal. I can't quite remember what the other options were, but most of us opted for the chicken pesto pasta. This was surprisingly tasty. Of course, we were also given a little Gu pot which is heavenly. If only they were bigger pots!

Don't forget the mini Fab!

To finish off the flight, we were given some cheese and tomato sandwiches, some crisps, a chocolate caramel dessert, and a couple of mints.

I was really impressed with the quality of the food!

In my tired state, I forgot to take photos of our evening meal at the Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando, but none of us were impressed.

I'll note here that we LOVED the breakfast, and everything else about the hotel, but the dinner was dreadful. It was a buffet but there was no sense of organisation to it, with pieces of fresh fruit next to beef, and fried banana that tasted like cardboard!

Thankfully this meal was free as we would not have been happy to pay for it. The desserts were a redeeming feature, with an ice cream machine and loads of sauces/toppings.

We pretty much retired for the night instantly after the meal. A good start to the holiday.
Glad to see you've started adding to your report and hope you had a fantastic time.
Isn't it funny we found food at Rosen inn @ pointe different to you and thought breakfast was a big disappointment but enjoyed evening meals we had in there... dont recall it being all mixed up ... maybe we fell lucky and more organised staff lol , I wouldn't even think about trying fried banana... but I did think the deserts were tasty... my daughter loved the cookies and ice cream machine.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Pheeeeebs
Dancing with Tink'

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Glad to see you've started adding to your report and hope you had a fantastic time.
Isn't it funny we found food at Rosen inn @ pointe different to you and thought breakfast was a big disappointment but enjoyed evening meals we had in there... dont recall it being all mixed up ... maybe we fell lucky and more organised staff lol , I wouldn't even think about trying fried banana... but I did think the deserts were tasty... my daughter loved the cookies and ice cream machine.
Hey there! and thanks, we had an incredible two weeks!

Yes, I did think about what you had said when we were there! To be fair to the Rosen, we were all exhausted at that point so that wouldn't have helped. We may have just been unlucky, because the food in that restaurant was great at all other times!

I too LOVED the ice cream machine and cookies. I'm a sucker for a dessert!