Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 14 Apr 19, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
char-lottie
Getting Excited

Mobile

Can you use these e-cards in the parks, resorts etc? I'd like to get some now to earn flying miles before American Express is discontinued
Old 15 Apr 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by char-lottie View Post
Can you use these e-cards in the parks, resorts etc? I'd like to get some now to earn flying miles before American Express is discontinued
Yes Charlotte, but please read the Q&A's, Product Information and so on from disneygiftcard, we've pasted some of that info below.

Hope you don't mind us questioning your reason for doing this, so to earn flying miles before American Express discontinues them, but that might be a small gain or even a loss if in the meantime there's a big change in the currency so depends when you're going.

If before your holiday Brexit is sorted then the £ might get stronger so maybe you could buy more $ gift cards with each pound, but if you think the £ will get weaker then you'll get less $.

But also, does your American Express charge the normal 2.99% currency conversion fee, if so is that comparable to the miles you earn, as might it be a better option to open a currency free credit card?

And in which case you don't need to purchase the egift cards unless you believe the £ will get weaker before your holiday.

Anyway just a few thoughts and if you do purchase the cards then also suggest you manage your ecards, as that keeps a record of them online just in case. In the manage My Cards you can store up to five different cards and if you have more you can transfer the balance from one to another.

eGift Features

Same-day delivery to any valid email address.
No fees and no expiration date.
Redeemable anywhere Disney Gift Cards are accepted.
See Terms & Conditions and our FAQ below for more information.

Walt Disney World® Resort
Use at participating locations throughout Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Parks, Disney Springs®, Walt Disney World® Water Parks, and Walt Disney World® Resorts. Use toward admission tickets, annual passes, hotel rooms, spa experiences, merchandise, dining, and recreation. This includes Disney owned-and-operated locations and select locations not owned by Disney. Some carts and other outdoor merchandise vendors may not be able to accept the gift card. Ask a Cast Member before making your purchase.

disneygiftcard/ProductInformation/Terms
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
char-lottie
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Br'er Bear View Post
Hope you don't mind us questioning your reason for doing this, so to earn flying miles before American Express discontinues them, but that might be a small gain or even a loss if in the meantime there's a big change in the currency so depends when you're going.

If before your holiday Brexit is sorted then the £ might get stronger so maybe you could buy more $ gift cards with each pound, but if you think the £ will get weaker then you'll get less $.

But also, does your American Express charge the normal 2.99% currency conversion fee, if so is that comparable to the miles you earn, as might it be a better option to open a currency free credit card?

And in which case you don't need to purchase the egift cards unless you believe the £ will get weaker before your holiday. [/url]
No currency conversion fee to pay, and we go end of September. I don't have any faith in Brexit being resolved before we go so not particularly concerned about currency fluctuations. I'll be getting actual currency before we go as well. Just trying to plan ahead and use Amex whilst I can
Old 17 Apr 19, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

No currency conversion fee to pay, and we go end of September. I don't have any faith in Brexit being resolved before we go so not particularly concerned about currency fluctuations. I'll be getting actual currency before we go as well. Just trying to plan ahead and use Amex whilst I can
Happy planning for September and good to know you have no conversion fees.

It might be worth managing those egift cards on the Disney website and not just for a back-up but when you're there you could pick up a plastic card and transfer some of the egift $ onto it.

And good luck with collecting those airmails.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Jasonharry
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Just wondering what you mean about Amex discontinuing airmiles? I know reading headforpoints sign up bonuses are only now going to be allowed once every 2 years but as far as I know the cards continue collecting miles, or have I missed something?
Jasonharry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you for posting this Br'er Bear I have now managed to transfer 3 Disney ecards purchased from Target to my primary card which I intend using to reduce DVC Annual Dues in January.
May I just add that I had a difficult time adding the new e-gift cards initially as the site would not accept the numbers I copied and pasted.
Thank goodness, I solved the problem eventually by removing the spaces.
example: account number... 1234 1234 1234 1234 this was refused
With spaces removed: 1234123412341234 immediately was accepted

Also (for anyone else who, like me didn't understand lol) the EAN number asked for was called the PIN NUMBER on the emailed ecard.

Hope this makes sense.
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Hi SnowWhite. Glad you've made use of this too. Just to mention that you can reduce your dues now if you wish, rather than waiting until January. If you select to 'pay by contract' you can pay ahead of time. I've almost paid next years dues already! You might already know this but I thought I'd just mention it in case you didn't and are holding on to your cards.
Noodlez is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Snowhite2
New Poster (2)

Thank you so much for posting this, I rented some points through David’s and have bought gift cards to use on our Disney cruise.
Snowhite2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Thanks for posting this, isn’t target also where they sell the gift cards at discount? I see loads of US cruise folks buying them but I think you have to have a target card to get them?
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Char-lottie, we change to the BA Amex card, earned loads and a free companion flight.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List