Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 28 May 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
That's got me a bit worried if CP is the first and we go in July
Ali. I think 1 block at a time will be the procedure. I will monitor for you as we are there mid August

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Ali. I think 1 block at a time will be the procedure. I will monitor for you as we are there mid August
sorry was meaning this July and if starts in 17 days the fully accessible unit is right in the middle of CP

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
sorry was meaning this July and if starts in 17 days the fully accessible unit is right in the middle of CP
Ali. I know well the block you stay in for the room you need. I lay odds it won't be an issue as they will start at one end or the other not the middle two.

Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for the info Tom, annoying that the splash areas at the Grandstand is closed, I wasn’t aware of this.

Sounds like they really need to get on with the refurb, I’ve heard the rooms are looking pretty bad now. How was your room? Did anything stand out or just mainly wear and tear?
Old 29 May 19, 06:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Thanks for the info Tom, annoying that the splash areas at the Grandstand is closed, I wasn’t aware of this.

Sounds like they really need to get on with the refurb, I’ve heard the rooms are looking pretty bad now. How was your room? Did anything stand out or just mainly wear and tear?
I wouldn't say the rooms are bad, just tired. Plus they have allowed them to reach an unacceptable standard that wouldn't be allowed by Hilton or others who provide 4 or 5* accommodation.

It's the little things that annoy me.
Why should I have to screw the drawer handles back on every visit?
Why are there marks in the emulsion on the walls
The sink plug waste is brown as the chrome has peeled off
Sit in the bath and glance at the water pipe feeding the loo. Solid rust. That happens due to condensation - well change it!

Furnishings aside I could make a Studio room look pristine for under $750. They should have done that 5 years ago.

Old 29 May 19, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Ali. I know well the block you stay in for the room you need. I lay odds it won't be an issue as they will start at one end or the other not the middle two.
Thanks 👍 did a dummy booking last night and no accessible rooms left so had a panic

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I wouldn't say the rooms are bad, just tired. Plus they have allowed them to reach an unacceptable standard that wouldn't be allowed by Hilton or others who provide 4 or 5* accommodation.

It's the little things that annoy me.
Why should I have to screw the drawer handles back on every visit?
Why are there marks in the emulsion on the walls
The sink plug waste is brown as the chrome has peeled off
Sit in the bath and glance at the water pipe feeding the loo. Solid rust. That happens due to condensation - well change it!

Furnishings aside I could make a Studio room look pristine for under $750. They should have done that 5 years ago.
That’s unacceptable, I would expect those things in a cheap motel off the 192 but not in a deluxe Disney resort.
Old 29 May 19, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
That’s unacceptable, I would expect those things in a cheap motel off the 192 but not in a deluxe Disney resort.
So right. What is keeping my spirits up is seeing what they have done at OKW. Lovely job..

The trouble with Disney and other similar places is the 'designers' get carried away with ideas that maintenance Guys will tell you don't work.

An example is taps. Everybody knows if you have 3 separate pieces (hot, cold and spout) on a granite surface they are liable to move and they always do!
A plumber will say get the same effect with a 1 piece unit. No spinning. Job done.

It's the simple things they get wrong and those simple things manifest themselves in guest reviews.

Old 1 Jun 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

For April next year I'm thinking the refurb won't be complete and it looks like my family (sister and 2 nephews) will come with me. That means a 2 bed or 2 studios but I think a 2 bed is nicer familywise. Would you recommend OKW in that case? I keep seeing that it has the largest rooms onsite and it still is very close to DS.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
For April next year I'm thinking the refurb won't be complete and it looks like my family (sister and 2 nephews) will come with me. That means a 2 bed or 2 studios but I think a 2 bed is nicer familywise. Would you recommend OKW in that case? I keep seeing that it has the largest rooms onsite and it still is very close to DS.
If they start this Month as I was told in an E Mail I would suspect the end by date will be mid 2023 maybe 2022.

OKW is a lovely Resort, never stayed there but my Cosuin has owned there since they were built.