Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 26 Jan 20, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Shame about your experience at Storybook Dining glad Disney resolved the situation though.
Old 26 Jan 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Christmas Eve
Do today’s plans were breakfast at Kona Café and then the rest of the day we were going to Epcot and we had the Candelight Processional dinner package booked and paid for at ViaNapoli
So without further delay breakfast at Kona Cafe we paid oop for this we normally do Ohana for our 1st morning breakfast tradition but I don’t think it is particularly good value so still wanting to go to the Poly I booked this.
The Christmas Trees were so lovely here

Really enjoyed our breakfast my only gripe was that the kids tropical juice was 6.5 dollars a glass which is a bit steep for a refill this makes Topolino’s Terrace breakfast good value as you have unlimited juice plus an alcoholic drink if you want

So I had the macadamia pancakes with pineapple an enormous serving even with my 17 year old helping we didn’t finish but they were really good
dh husband has steel cut oatmeal which he really enjoyed

We really enjoyed it here the bill with tip was about 130 dollars and I would definitely choose here over Ohana just because we could choose what we all wanted.

Edited at 07:13 PM.
Jaspercat10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Mobile

The food is looking amazing, shame about storybook dining especially considering the hefty to for such a poor experience
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

So tonight was via Napoli I was really looking forward to this as we hadn’t been for a couple of years. Unfortunately we were sat right in front of the open door in the conservatory section it was v cold .. so I did ask to move which caused chaos but if only got us moved up one table and not in the lovely warm main restaurant. DH had gone back to the hotel with a cold so just myself and the four kids...
Sorry it was a bit of a disaster and I forgot to photograph the starters
Which was basically prosciutto and melon for us all.
We had a variation of pizzas the choices were quite limited on the package we were not allowed to make your own pizza or have a salad. DD has the meatballs

Followed by icecream

So I wouldn’t book here again but if you want to see the Candelight Processional on Christmas Eve I would definitely book one of the meal packages, when we left the restaurant we were given gold stickers to get us in, we walked through 3 countries to get to the back of the line and we couldn’t believe we were going to get in, the queue was so long that said there was a standby line for folks without the package as long as ours but in the other direction and goodness knows how many of them got in it was rammed
This was one of my holiday highlights it is basically the story of Christmas narrated and sang with all the relevant carols it did feel very Christmassy, I loved it the singing was amazing but it was v cold we were in hoodies and jeans and really we should have bought coats

Definitely book this if you are there for Christmas x

Edited at 12:39 PM.
Jaspercat10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Yay Christmas Day ... Merry Xmas
So today’s plans were a Christmas Day Brunch at Ale & Compass followed by a trip to HS, DD had a school friend staying over near Seaworld so we were also going to meet up with them at HS followed by drinks at Oga’s Cantina, and Dinner at Mama Melrose followed by Jingle Bell Jingle Bam.
So first off brunch we caught the bus to Epcot as that was the first one at the stop and then swapped on to a Yacht Club bus

So the format was fill your boots from the buffet followed by choose one entree off the menu. The kids followed their usual Christmas Morning format and went straight for as much chocolate based products off the buffet as possible washing it down with hot chocolate even bringing back the sugar icing Father Christmas off the Yule Log 😬 ( have you been dragged up child ).
Anyway this was lovely and at half the price of Cali Brunch it was a good shout ...

Salted Caramel Apple French Toast

Sausage Eggs Toast

Pancakes with a side of bacon

Fish & Chips

Sausage and Scrambled Eggs

Eggs Benedict

This was a fab breakfast the restaurant is very nice, my husband only negative was he thought as it had been booked as a Christmas Day Brunch I think he thought the tables might have a bit of Christmas decoration I think he was hoping for a cracker and paper hat xx
Old 28 Jan 20, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Shame Via Napoli wasn’t great. We did Chefs de France with the candlelight professional, we really enjoyed our meal there. We didn’t really enjoy the processional itself but I’m glad you did.

Your brunch at ale and compass looked good as well.
Old 28 Jan 20, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Oh no I’m not looking forward to Storybook dining quite so much after your experience. Though I’m not surprised about Via Napoli our last few meals there have been rather hit and miss.
Old 28 Jan 20, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Shame Via Napoli wasn’t great. We did Chefs de France with the candlelight professional, we really enjoyed our meal there. We didn’t really enjoy the processional itself but I’m glad you did.

Your brunch at ale and compass looked good as well.
Thank you yes ale and compass has a lovely feel about it, to be honest I am not sure my kids thought much of it but I loved the carols
Old 28 Jan 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post
Oh no I’m not looking forward to Storybook dining quite so much after your experience. Though I’m not surprised about Via Napoli our last few meals there have been rather hit and miss.
Oh sorry, honestly I am a bit of a of a pain where food is concerned you may love it, I think I was hoping it was more than it was as we love Wilderness Lodge you may have a completely different experience xx
Old 29 Jan 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Christmas Night ..

So after a few fast passes who doesn’t want to ride Tower of Terror instead of cooking the Christmas Dinner...

I had booked a reservation for drinks at Ogas Cantina in Galaxy’s Edge this was disaster for us we were and taken in to a standing podium about 1.5 long we were allowed half of it for the 6 of us and we had share the other half with another group as it was so busy, we were really in need of a bit of a sit down by this point I did ask a cast member if we could could sit in an empty booth but told no it was for disabled parties. So with the kids leaning on their elbows not really caring where we were, we could have been in McDonald’s and the realisation as parents we were about to relive ourselves of about £80 for drinks were going to gulp down and leave quickly, we decided to make a sharp exit and head to Baseline Taphouse hopefully for a more enjoyable drink and a seat which I am pleased to report both happened

After a very pleasant hour of drinking cocktails and enjoying the evening outside we made our way to Mama Melrose for Christmas Dinner 😉
Starters

Ceasar Salad

Tomato and Mozzarella

Margarita Flatbread

Mains

This was lovely none of us could manage desert I think it was the buffet brunch..
We had the best server who was really on the ball.

Edited at 10:19 AM.