Notices

Old 16 Feb 20, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Ok Let's Try This With A Baby - Feb/March 2020 - Pre Travel Day & Travel Day

And we're off!
Technically it's one more sleep until Disney but we're heading to the airport today so the holiday starts here!
We had a slight panic regarding getting our currency. My plan had been to order from travelex and collect at the airport but the website wouldn't process my order yesterday, a quick chat with travelex online and a trip to my mums to use her android tablet and we managed to reserve some currency.
We finished our packing and set off at 1.15pm for Manchester airport, we stopped a couple of times to see to DS who wasn't enjoying the journey much. We arrived at the long stay multi-storey at 4pm and made the walk to terminal 2 for twilight check in with virgin. There was only 1 family there in front of us so this was really quick, we dropped off our cases and the lovely check in lady told us to head to upper class check in in the morning to have our car seat and pram tagged.
We got back to the car and made the short drive to the premier inn, there was a huge queue for check in which took about 15 minutes. I paid the £10 for overnight parking and £9.50 for each for breakfast in the morning for DH and I and DD eats for free.

We decided we'd order and collect a dominoes for dinner. The nearest to premier inn was in wythenshaw about 2 miles away. DH had a large ham and pineapple pizza for £7.99 and absolutely demolished this all by himself.

Dd and I shared a large pepperoni and pineapple pizza, also £7.99 and was lovely 😊
We grabbed a couple of bottles of fizzy drinks from the vending machine in reception. DS was absolutely shattered by 6.30pm with all his short disturbed naps today so he won't be long out of bed and it'll be an early night for the rest of us too.

Alarm was set for 6am but I woke up around 3.30am too excited to sleep! A quick check of the weather for the next week or so in Orlando showed the weather to be generally better that we were expecting this time of year with cooler temperatures at the weekend, we'd packed some warmer clothes for these days and planned a day at the outlets/Florida mall on Friday.

We all woke properly at 5am and slowly got ready before heading down for breakfast just before 6. The restaurant was really quiet and we we shown to a table in the corner close to the buffet. We all had a plate of hot food first. There was plenty to choose from including eggs, bacons, sausage, hash browns, tomatoes, mushrooms, black pudding and beans.

After the hot food DH got a coffee and a pain au chocolate and a mini muffin,

I had a pain au chocolate and coffee and DD had a yoghurt and apple. There was a huge pastry selection and toast and scotch pancakes, cereals, fruit and juices. Breakfast cost is £9.50 for DH and I and Dd was free.

After breakfast we made our way back upto our room finished sorting out our carry on luggage and left for the airport, it was only a couple of minutes drive and we were soon pulling up at the multi-storey for the meet and greet parking. This was really busy and took us about 15 minutes to get into the car park get processed and out of the car. We made our way across to the terminal where we were met with another queue for the key drop off.
They was barely any queue at virgin bag drop when we walked over and we quickly got our car seats and pram tagged and the car seats dropped off. Security was the busiest I've seen in it a long while, we were directed down the priority lane with our pram but this took about 20 minutes.
Once through security we our currency to collect from travelex, this was really straight forward and then I headed over to boots to collect our order of formula for DS. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the size of the box that was brought out for me! We found a quiet seating area and had a quick reshuffle of the bags to fit the bottles of formula into the carry on case. This is without a doubt the most hand luggage we've ever travelled with! We spent an hour or so down the far end of terminal 2 having a quiet seat and doing the puzzles on the walls.
Once our gate was called around 9.45 we made out way to gate 210 and hung around ready for boarding. Boarding was quick and we pushed back from the gate right on time. We had paid for seat in the bubble so had the handy locker next to the window and abit more space to sit holding DS. He fell asleep almost right after take off.
Once the seat belt signs were switched off the stewardesses came round with the menus and then the pretzels and drinks service.

DH had a Stella and I had a small bottle of white wine.
Around an hour into the flight lunch was served. We had ordered a kids meal for DD which was cheesy pasta, we had decided that I would have the pasta that hers came with as she had a chicken salad sandwich we had bought in WH Smith earlier. The pasta was really tasty and I enjoyed it.

For our main means DH and I got the macaroni and cheese with pancetta and the chicken in mushroom sauce.

DH has both of the mains, he really enjoyed the mac cheese but said the chicken was just ok. I ate the rest of the bits that came with my meal, the salad was abit dry with not a lot of taste. The Boursin and crackers were really good and the dessert gu pot was nice enough but the ginger chocolate was a strange combination. With our meals DH had about her Stella and I had a white wine. The air stewardess came and told us we had a selection of 4 ellas kitchen pouches for DS and just a to let her know when we wanted one so he had a prune pouch for his lunch and they kindly warmed up a bottle of formula for us when he was ready.

A couple of hours later we were given a mini ice lolly, this was a rowntree randoms lolly and made a nice change from the usual fab lollies as I'm not a fan.

About 2 and a half hours before landing we were served afternoon tea. This was a mozzarella, green pesto and tomato roll with a scone, clotted cream and jam. This was very nice, just not enough!

Dd had a kids afternoon tea which was a scone like our but her sandwiches were cream cheese & cucumber and cream cheese and ham. She didn't want these so I ate them in exchange for half my scone. They were a little on the warm side but nice enough.

The rest of the flight passed relatively quickly and we landed early around 2.55pm. Upper class were let off first them the upper deck so we were quickly off the plane. We had a short walk to immigration and much to our delight the immigration hall was almost empty. This is where our luck ran out, they had 1 immigration officer on, then he left! And for a good 10 minutes no one was processed. There must have been a shift change or something because gradually a few immigration officials started appearing, it took an hour in the end for us to get through. This meant our a cases were waiting for us. We had 4 cases, a car seat bag, a pram, a large rucksack, carry on case, my handbag and a nappy bag but somehow managed to manoeuvre them from baggage claim onto the monorail and to the main terminal!
We couldn't do Alamo online check in and skip the counter so we had to go to the Alamo desk, they were only 1 person in front of us in the queue so we were seen quickly, there was no hard sell on any upgrades or extras or anything. He mentioned we had a smaller SUV than last time and were we happy with that, so he could obviously see our past rentals and maybe that's why he didn't bother with pushing any extras.
We made our way across to the Alamo garage and picked out a Nissan rouge from the midsize SUV range. Got it loaded up and everything just fit.

We set off for our home for the next 13 nights, mystic dunes. The 192 was incredibly busy and it took us quite a while to get there. We got checked in which seemed to take forever, they tried desperately hard to get DH to sign up for a timeshare sales pitch. I asked him if he told them we already had DVC and didn't need another timeshare but he said he didn't coz he thought that was awkward, haha.

We made the short drive to our 2 bedroom apartment and upon walking in were hugely impressed!
Dd has her own room which she is really pleased about, it's huge and has 2 voluble beds and a tv!

There's a bathroom right next door to her room with a bath, toilet and sink. Think this will be her own personal bathroom, haha!

The living/dining area and kitchen are huge, there's so much space and the full kitchen is going to be great for sorting food and doing washing!

Our main bedroom has a large bed and an en-suite bathroom.

The en-suite is bigger than the bedroom! It's got a lovely corner bath, shower, sinks and toilet.
We've got a lanai/balcony area accessible from the bedroom and living area, this has a large table which will be great for having breakfast in the mornings. It's got screens up so that bugs and such can't get in which is great and much needed I imagine as we are over looking some trees and swampy area, not the most aesthetically pleasing view but very quiet and private.
We brought our cases up and DH headed over to Walmart for some much needed supplies.

When he came back having spent $150(!), our kitchen looked like this. He bought a kettle for DS's formula, some bottled water, cereal, eggs, bacon, sausage patties, pop tarts, crisps, beer, mikes lemonade, cherry coke, Mountain Dew and some kitchen essentials. He also got a cooked rotisserie chicken which we picked at before heading to bed about 9pm.

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando Soon
Imagineer

Have a lovely holiday. A good start to the trip that pizza has made me hungry
Old 17 Feb 20, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Have a great holiday :spin looking forward to reading along

Joan
Old 17 Feb 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

safe journey and have a lovely holiday
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Have a great holiday xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 01:20 AM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Thanks everyone! Can't wait to get to bed tonight so we can get up and get started!

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by missdopey - 18 Feb 20 7:37 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

A great pre-travel & travel day. Your apartment sounds (and looks) lovely. When I read Mystic Dunes, it took me right back as we stayed in a villa just down the road from there & passed the entrance many times.
Have a wonderful holiday!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

Great pre travel and travel day. Your hotel room/s look huge!
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ladyofleisure
Excited about Disney

Looking forward to reading along thanks for posting.

A link to my 2020 trip to Los Angeles:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1161735

A link to my 2017 trip to POR and HRH is show below:
Star Wars, Bar Bores, Car Tours and No Chores!

A link to my 2015 trip to CBR and RPR is shown below:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...me+the +power
ladyofleisure is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List