Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Jun 20, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Vertigo
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We fly to LAX on 24th October and we have a few days in Burbank for universal and downtown LA and A few days on the PCH before we head to Anaheim on for the last 5 days.

Looking at various threads I think I will buy tickets now. It could be capacity is an issue, so I may just do it.
Vertigo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeymouseears
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I think that there is a possibility that the resort might be initially open to resort guests only / annual pass holders - if this is the case, your tickets expiry would be extended instead of a refund. So i have not bought tickets yet.
mickeymouseears is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
We fly to LAX on 24th October and we have a few days in Burbank for universal and downtown LA and A few days on the PCH before we head to Anaheim on for the last 5 days.

Looking at various threads I think I will buy tickets now. It could be capacity is an issue, so I may just do it.
Which hotel in Anaheim and whats your check in and check out dates so that I can add you to the list

Goodness, I didnt realise there were so many heading to Disneyland this year, its great to meet you all and share all our information and updates.

Question though, theres now two Dibbers staying at The Hyatt Regency Orange County. To be honest it would not be my choice of location, its a bit far from the parks, too far to walk. Its not on the ART transport system, its on the OCTA transport system and the bus you need to take the 543 on Harbour Boulevard does not go into Disney property. octa/ebusbook/routePdf/15Min.pdf Are you planning on driving to the parks every day?

Just so people know, in Disneyland the 3 onsite hotels are not really classed as resorts, unlike Walt Disney World, as they have far less amenities.

When Galaxys Edge opened Disneyland did have 2 types of reservation systems. The onsite hotel guests got an automatic reservation for Galaxys Edge for one day of their visit. Offsite guests had a separate reservation system which was not linked. I'm expecting the same for the reopening.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Vertigo
Excited about Disney

We
get to Anaheim on 31st October and check out on the 4th nov

We are staying at the under the sea apartment in pepperwood. It’s an 18 minute walk to Disney via magic way. But we think we can get in to the car park directly opposite and pick up a tram. But the youtube vids are not clear as they seem to have built a new bridge and no one has done the walk From pepperwood yet.
Vertigo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
Which hotel in Anaheim and whats your check in and check out dates so that I can add you to the list

Goodness, I didnt realise there were so many heading to Disneyland this year, its great to meet you all and share all our information and updates.

Question though, theres now two Dibbers staying at The Hyatt Regency Orange County. To be honest it would not be my choice of location, its a bit far from the parks, too far to walk. Its not on the ART transport system, its on the OCTA transport system and the bus you need to take the 543 on Harbour Boulevard does not go into Disney property. octa/ebusbook/routePdf/15Min.pdf Are you planning on driving to the parks every day?

Just so people know, in Disneyland the 3 onsite hotels are not really classed as resorts, unlike Walt Disney World, as they have far less amenities.

When Galaxys Edge opened Disneyland did have 2 types of reservation systems. The onsite hotel guests got an automatic reservation for Galaxys Edge for one day of their visit. Offsite guests had a separate reservation system which was not linked. I'm expecting the same for the reopening.
We know it’s slightly out of range but the hotel provides transport to the parks for a small fee - we only planned on doing 3 days at the parks. Decent eateries in and around it and the room option meant our son was in his own room with a bunk bed. Nice looking hotel as well and excellent price.
mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
We
get to Anaheim on 31st October and check out on the 4th nov

We are staying at the under the sea apartment in pepperwood. It’s an 18 minute walk to Disney via magic way. But we think we can get in to the car park directly opposite and pick up a tram. But the youtube vids are not clear as they seem to have built a new bridge and no one has done the walk From pepperwood yet.
Having looked at that area on the map, the car park is Cast Member only, so you wont be allowed into it. You would be better off going down Walnut and going through Disneyland Hotel to get get to Downtown Disney.

And again, the distances are deceiving, I would expect about 20 to 30 minutes from Pepperwood to the security check at Downtown Disney and then its another 15 minutes at a fast walk through Downtown Disney to the park entrances in the Esplanade. I would allow about 1 hour from the time you close the apartment door to the time you actually join the line at a park entrance turnstile.

Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mikeclark007 View Post
We know it’s slightly out of range but the hotel provides transport to the parks for a small fee - we only planned on doing 3 days at the parks. Decent eateries in and around it and the room option meant our son was in his own room with a bunk bed. Nice looking hotel as well and excellent price.
ah ok Its always interesting hearing peoples choices for accommodation in Anaheim, there is such a range of prices and locations, and everyone can find something for them.

I also do 3 day park visits but I spend about 14 to 16 hours in the park, I do open to close, and eat in the parks. I prefer to be as close to park as possible, either less than 10 minutes by shuttle or walking distance and I have no interest in hotel amenities
Old 7 Jun 20, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeymouseears
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I did not realise that at the time of opening galaxy’s edge, there was 2 reservation systems. For those not staying in disney hotels, do you know how difficult was it to obtain a reservation?
mickeymouseears is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
ah ok Its always interesting hearing peoples choices for accommodation in Anaheim, there is such a range of prices and locations, and everyone can find something for them.

I also do 3 day park visits but I spend about 14 to 16 hours in the park, I do open to close, and eat in the parks. I prefer to be as close to park as possible, either less than 10 minutes by shuttle or walking distance and I have no interest in hotel amenities
We were booked into one called the Grand Legacy at the park which was right over the road from the plaza to both parks. Unfortunately that hotel was not available once I decided to book through a travel agent to create a package.

We planned on doing the earliest shuttle to the park and then heading back about 5/6ish. We’ve seen all the firework stuff at WDW a few times. On our third and final day in the parks we would have probably gone in a bit later and watched Fantasmic.

Notice I say “would” and “planned”. I seem to do that out of habit these days with little optimism for getting in at Disney.
mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickeymouseears View Post
I did not realise that at the time of opening galaxy’s edge, there was 2 reservation systems. For those not staying in disney hotels, do you know how difficult was it to obtain a reservation?
This is what happened at Disneyland California for Galaxys Edge Opening May 31 to June 23 2019. The two systems were not connected. As the reservations were for a 4 hour period, onsite guests were able to use the offsite system as well. Some onsite guests got a second SWGE reservation for the same day as their hotel reservation, some onsite guests got SWGE reservations for the other days of their onsite stay. This is from the June 2019 thread on Disboards

Onsite Guests April 20 2019
Guests staying at one of the 3 onsite hotels have started receiving their Star Wars Galaxys Edge Reservations. Reservations are for a 4 hour window, with a start time and end time, on ONE day of the hotel reservations. Some people are reporting that their Star Wars Galaxys Edge Reservation is on their check in day and some are reporting that their Star Wars Galaxys Edge Reservation is on their check out day. Many of the emails sent on April 22 had incorrect hotel check in and check out details. Disney became aware of the glitch and resent emails. However some people did not receive any email. If you have a reservation at ANY of of the onsite hotels or DVC Villas and you still dont have your Star Wars Galaxys Edge reservation, contact Disney. Some of the email addresses did not get transferred to the reservation system.

Offsite Guests May 2 2019
Reservations for Star Wars Galaxys Edge for offsite guests between May 31 and June 23 began. The free reservations opened at 10am LA time and by 12pm LA were no longer available.

Edited at 11:09 AM.